Calling All Pentax & Samsung Users!!!!!!!

With all the recent price hikes, curious to know what the pentaxians consider the best buy lens at the moment, only have kit and 50-200 kit lenses.

K20d and K-m here......

Pretty much Sigma lenses throughout, as the kit lens is OK, but just OK.

With all the recent price hikes, curious to know what the pentaxians consider the best buy lens at the moment, only have kit and 50-200 kit lenses.

I have just recently bought a DA 16-45mm for £134.00 inc shipping in the UK BNIB, its a great lens. I just keep the lens on my K10d all the time, it was worth buying.

Regards

I have just recently bought a DA 16-45mm for £134.00 inc shipping in the UK BNIB, its a great lens. I just keep the lens on my K10d all the time, it was worth buying.

Regards

re What type of lens - I love all aspects of photography, mmoney aside I would like :
1) Replacement for kit lens, general walkabout lens
2) 1:1 Macro around 90mm
3) Fisheye
4) Longer range 300mm+, obviously F2.8 !

Weldingblues, thats seems a great price for that lens at the moment, care to share where it came from ?

1) Replacement for kit lens, general walkabout lens
2) 1:1 Macro around 90mm
3) Fisheye
4) Longer range 300mm+, obviously F2.8 !

Weldingblues, thats seems a great price for that lens at the moment, care to share where it came from ?

1) Pentax DA 16-45mmf4/DA* 16-50mm f2.8/DA 17-70mm f4/Tamron 17-50mm f2.8.

2) Sigma 105mm/Tamron 90mm/Pentax DF-A 100mm f2.8

3) Pentax DA 17-70mm/Samyang 8mm

4) You have now found the archillis heel of Pentax .. apart from the Sigma 300mm there is no current f2.8 in that focal length although the DA* 300mm f4 is a very good lens.

You can however get a A* 300mm f2.8 or FA* 300mm f2.8 used (if you can find one) but they cost an arm and a leg.

I agre all the above are great lenses but the prices right now are rediculous compared to last year. Wondered if there were any "hidden bargains" out there.

Fred, I came across a 300mm A* F4 on ebay, it went for over £900 !!!

I agre all the above are great lenses but the prices right now are rediculous compared to last year. Wondered if there were any "hidden bargains" out there.

Well you did say money aside ;)

If I were just starting out and had a limited budget I would be looking at a DA 16-45mm/ DA 55-300mm combo. Both excellent lenses. Add a Raynox DCR-250 for macro (works well on the 16-45mm) and you are set.

Maybe a manual focus Pentax A 50mm f1.7 for £50 if you feel the need to bridge the 45mm-55mm gap.

Well you did say money aside ;)

If I were just starting out and had a limited budget I would be looking at a DA 16-45mm/ DA 55-300mm combo. Both excellent lenses. Add a Raynox DCR-250 for macro (works well on the 16-45mm) and you are set.

Maybe a manual focus Pentax A 50mm f1.7 for £50 if you feel the need to bridge the 45mm-55mm gap.

Thanks again, that is helpfull

Have a K10D and the kit lens but want to expand my horizons and improve the 'quality' of my lens kit, I would like to do some macro, landscape and very occasional motorsport, also looking at taking photo's of the moon(?):thinking: so presume a X2 Teleconvertor. Being a newcomer to photography used a friends Tamron lens which had a macro facility, but this was very limited, can you offer any suggestions to start me on the road to Pentax fulfillment:puke:

tnx

Have a K10D and the kit lens but want to expand my horizons and improve the 'quality' of my lens kit, I would like to do some macro, landscape and very occasional motorsport, also looking at taking photo's of the moon(?):thinking: so presume a X2 Teleconvertor. Being a newcomer to photography used a friends Tamron lens which had a macro facility, but this was very limited, can you offer any suggestions to start me on the road to Pentax fulfillment:puke:

tnx

Really depends on budget and whether you are happy to use older manual focus lenses or prefer to use autofocus.

Really depends on budget and whether you are happy to use older manual focus lenses or prefer to use autofocus.
can go to around 600 for a combination of lens's, if that is possible, would the teleconvertor 'help' with extending the range of a telephoto?

A teleconverter is only useful on faster lenses (f2.8 .. f4 at a push) and you really aren't in that price range if looking for a combination of lenses. I think you should be looking at what I suggested for Testbloke .. DA 16-45mm f4, DA 55-300mm and a manual 50mm f1.4/f1.7 with a Raynox DCR-250 or set of macro tubes.

Hi all,

I have fallen by the wayside with the camera worlds news and manufacturers until my Dad has expressed an interes in getting a DSLR recently. He wants to get a pentax/samsung as its logical for us to be able to share lenses.

I have taken a look at the new offerings and am I right in thinking that Samsung and Pentax are no longer in bed together? The Samsung Nx models appear to be completely different now!

Hi all,

I have fallen by the wayside with the camera worlds news and manufacturers until my Dad has expressed an interes in getting a DSLR recently. He wants to get a pentax/samsung as its logical for us to be able to share lenses.

I have taken a look at the new offerings and am I right in thinking that Samsung and Pentax are no longer in bed together? The Samsung Nx models appear to be completely different now!

the nx is a completely different series as its a hybrid system. samsung have (i think) quit DSLR making, so you can get some good deals second hand on ebay. i here that the pentax km is meant to be an unbeatable entry level body, or alternatively if your dad is quite advance with his photogeaphy skills he could get a second hand k10d or k100d super.

I didn't realise the Nx was a hybrid.

He is pretty advanced, and has used my GX10 in the past. I have told him to look at the K7.

I didn't realise the Nx was a hybrid.

He is pretty advanced, and has used my GX10 in the past. I have told him to look at the K7.

yeah k7, that is the flagship of the pentax range so it would definitely be worthwhile for him to start at the top. it will save any upgrades from entry level to inevitably buying the k7 anyway and i cant see pentax making a new flagship in the very near future.

yeah definitely get him to try the k7.

it will save any upgrades from entry level to inevitably buying the k7 anyway and i cant see pentax making a new flagship in the very near future.

Pentax hopefully have a couple of new models coming in the next few months. One of them is supposedly a K-7 upgrade.

Saying that the K-7 is a superb bit of kit but if he doesn't want video or the faster FPS then maybe a K20D.

I initially told him to look at a K20D but they seem to be getting few and far between. Park Camera, warehouse express and other mainline dealers don't seem to stock it any more. I'm sure they are out there with a bit of digging.

Your right about the K-7 being a superb bit of kit. I remember being allowed a play at park cameras when pentax were in with one just before it hit the shops.

Thanks for your help peeps.

Hi Folks

Not been around for a good while, there just doesn't seem to be any time lately.

As a result I am thinking of selling my kit and wondered if you pentaxians would be kind enough to give me an opinion of value? I've tried prcing from sales on various forums but not 100% sure. Thank you in advance.

I have:

Pentax K20D With Box, Manual Cables Etc <5k acutations
Pentax Grip
2 Pentax Batteries
Sigma 10-20 Box/Caps/Bag
Sigma 24-60 F2.8 Box/Caps/Bag
Pentax 50mm SMC F1.7 AF
Sigma 70-300 4-F5.6 with Caps
Pentax 540 Flash Head

Bags:
Tamrac Expedition 3 (old Version)
Tamrac Expedition 5

Hi Folks

Not been around for a good while, there just doesn't seem to be any time lately.

As a result I am thinking of selling my kit and wondered if you pentaxians would be kind enough to give me an opinion of value? I've tried prcing from sales on various forums but not 100% sure. Thank you in advance.

I have:

Pentax K20D With Box, Manual Cables Etc <5k acutations
Pentax Grip
2 Pentax Batteries
Sigma 10-20 Box/Caps/Bag
Sigma 24-60 F2.8 Box/Caps/Bag
Pentax 50mm SMC F1.7 AF
Sigma 70-300 4-F5.6 with Caps
Pentax 540 Flash Head

Bags:
Tamrac Expedition 3 (old Version)
Tamrac Expedition 5

My Dad is looking into getting a Pentax, and the K20D would be perfect for him. I'm well out of the loop when it comes to prices, but when you do have an idea about what you want to sell the kit for, let me know and I'll see what he thinks.

Also, if the price is right, I'd be interested in the 540 flash, maybe the 24-60.

Noob Here, i have a Pentax K100D super, had it just over a year now and still learning how to use it, got a mixture of lenses, mainly bought from the car boot cheaply lol so all manual focus lol

Welcome! You'll see a lot of Canon and Nikon threads, but they are a friendly bunch. I think us Pentaxians are just out taking pics instead ;)

I have the Samsung GX-20.... used to have the Nikon D70, but just couldn't take to it.
Also have a few lenses left over from my Pentax (film) days, and although they are manual... work fine on the GX-20.

Very happy with the system so far.

Any Pentaxians interested in this.

The PC World bargains keep coming ...

The Kx twin lens kit (18-55 DAL & 55-200 DAL) is back in stock at £450 but also now as an additional package with one further lens.

Best one is twin lens kit as above + 100mm DFA macro for £680 ! Outside the DSG retail group, the cheapest price on the macro lens is £500 + so effectively you get the twin lens and Kx for £180.

They are also doing the AF360FGZ flash for £145.

I have now decided too sell my Km, listed on Pentax UK forum - dont worry, not going to lower my standards and go to the big two, trying to upgrade to a K20.
now also listed for sale here ...
now on ebay ...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150484557109

Last edited:
Back