Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an example of what I've managed to achieve so far:

#1 50mm no tubes:

Picture014.jpg

#2 50mm and 36mm tube, no cropping/PP:

Picture015.jpg

(Both shot using wireless flash).

I missed out on the Dyxum forums a few days ago. Just the same day as I bought mine new, somebody contacted me and said they were looking to sell theirs for 85 Euros :razz:

PS, on shot #2, the lens/filter was literally 1mm away from the screw!!!

I've just discovered that the little stand that came with my flashgun has a tripod thread on it!!!!!!!!!!

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

being a pest about the 70-200G again.....
could marc or stan get a picture of the lens attached to the camera, wanted to see for comparison;)
sonystyle.com have them for $1799.99, in stock.
none here so far..... looks like im not gona have it til after the year now:crying: but nevermind, i WILL have 1 soon enough(y)

unfortunately,i only have the one camera body at present..so unable to take any photo's with the lens attached.but here's a few of the lens to get you excited......

DSC00964.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

cheers for that stan!:D mmmmmm......:love:
cany wait till i can get mine.... is that the 1.4x convertor aswell??
in the mean time, im going to get a battery grip and spare battery, and the 77mm protector, so im prepared:D

thanks andy fozzy, i see what ja mean! so overall... would u recommend them? i would mostly like to shoot bugs, so just thinkin if the closeness to the subject might be an issue..

yes mate,the 1.4X T/C as well....you know you'll want one :naughty:

marc has the 2X T/C,and i'm sure he'll post a pic camera attached as soon as he's seen this....

yea ive been looking at the TC aswell:LOL: just wasnt sure on the 1.4 or 2x
the bank accounts gona suffer i think:wacky: then ill be needing to upgrade the body:D but thats not in the near future(not yet anyway)
yea hope marc will put up a pic of the lens attached, wana see how big it actually is compared to the camera body.......:nuts:

yea ive been looking at the TC aswell:LOL: just wasnt sure on the 1.4 or 2x
the bank accounts gona suffer i think:wacky: then ill be needing to upgrade the body:D but thats not in the near future(not yet anyway)
yea hope marc will put up a pic of the lens attached, wana see how big it actually is compared to the camera body.......:nuts:

it will balance nicely with the battery grip,and you will be very pleased with it..for sure,as marc,JPS and myself will tell you :rules:

a 1.4XT/C attached will give you a constant F/4

and..

a 2XT/C will give you a constant F/5.6...

with the 1.4X T/C attached,auto focus speed is unaffected,well..not noticeably anyway.....not sure about the 2X though i'm sure marc can shed some light on that....

Still haven't had a chance to properly test the 2x TC yet but, from what I've seen, the AF doesn't seem to be adversely affected by it. As far as a pic with the 70-200 attached, only too pleased to oblige.

Attached to the A700 + Grip:

70200G.jpg

Still haven't had a chance to properly test the 2x TC yet but, from what I've seen, the AF doesn't seem to be adversely affected by it. As far as a pic with the 70-200 attached, only too pleased to oblige.

Attached to the A700 + Grip:

70200G.jpg

:razz::razz:

:LOL::LOL:

You guys are SERIOUSLY making me want one of these :crying:

thanks andy fozzy, i see what ja mean! so overall... would u recommend them? i would mostly like to shoot bugs, so just thinkin if the closeness to the subject might be an issue..

No worries pal.
I wouldn't not recommend them, as you can see by the screw shot, they take a seriously great shot.
Just the working distance is a bit of a problem!!
I'm sure there's a way around it somehow.
Perhaps not.........

thanks for that marc, glad to here the TC doesnt affect the AF!!:)
that lens is:love: doesnt look to bad with the battery grip... hope it doesnt dwarf the a200:LOL:
go on andy, u know u want to get the white lens.....
i cant afford to get one, but still gona:D worry bout it later:LOL::LOL:

stan, does the foot on the lens take a standard monopod screw in attachment? like for a quick release? just im looking to get a monopod and quick release for it......:D looking at the manfrotto MN679B monopod and manfrotto MN323 QR plate.

stan, does the foot on the lens take a standard monopod screw in attachment? like for a quick release? just im looking to get a monopod and quick release for it......:D looking at the manfrotto MN679B monopod and manfrotto MN323 QR plate.

By foot, do you mean the tripod collar? If so, yes it takes the standard monopod/tripod screw so you can attach a quick release plate to it.

And yes, I know I'm not Stan! :D

By foot, do you mean the tripod collar? If so, yes it takes the standard monopod/tripod screw so you can attach a quick release plate to it.

And yes, I know I'm not Stan! :D

yes i meant the collar, thanks marc:D
whats your opinions on the monopod choice?

yes i meant the collar, thanks marc:D
whats your opinions on the monopod choice?

You can't go wrong with a Manfrotto monopod IMHO. I have the 680B and the 682B and they are both brilliant.

cheers marc!
ill get the manfrotto then, and just need to wait on someone getting the lens:D prob be after the year *** now......

thanks marc,for answering in my absence :LOL:

PAS...another vote for the 680B monopod,but stick a 234RC2 head on it...very handy for shooting in portrait orientation,plus you don't screw the monopod directly to the tripod collar,and you can detach the camera from the monopod in a second..should you need to ;)

edit: you will also see the QR plate attached to the collar in my pic of the 70-200 :D

cant comment on the 18-200, but i have the 75-300 and seems a decent lens, prob be for sale soon, as looking to get the 70-200G:D

how much u looking for? and what conditions the lens in??:D:D

Well, i went to jessops to play with some cameras, like they always say. Handled the a200, a300, a350, 1000d, and 450d. I just didnt like the feel of the canons in my hand. Felt more uncomfortable. oddly the a200 felt best in my hand, and build quality is good! But love the live view on the a300! Seeing as people slate the a350 noise levels, looks like its an a300 for me!

Can i just check, you can still do longer exposures and DOF previews with the sony? Was having trouble finding them in the menus?! And whats a nice cheap starter fixed focus lens for the sony? I can't find an equivilent of canons "nifty fifty". At least in the same price area!

Well, i went to jessops to play with some cameras, like they always say. Handled the a200, a300, a350, 1000d, and 450d. I just didnt like the feel of the canons in my hand. Felt more uncomfortable. oddly the a200 felt best in my hand, and build quality is good! But love the live view on the a300! Seeing as people slate the a350 noise levels, looks like its an a300 for me!

Can i just check, you can still do longer exposures and DOF previews with the sony? Was having trouble finding them in the menus?! And whats a nice cheap starter fixed focus lens for the sony? I can't find an equivilent of canons "nifty fifty". At least in the same price area!

Yes you can still do long exposures and DoF previews. The one downside is that Sony don't make a 50mm f1.8, just an f1.4 which is more pricey. However, you can get a Minolta 50mm f1.7 from ebay for under £100. They are well thought of anf well sought, but there always seem to be a few available.

Cheers fabs! A veritable font of knowledge as always!

does Minolta 50mm f1.7 have any other letters attached to the model name?

i've seen one with MD on the end of the advert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back