Calling all Sony Alpha users! (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It dosnt show up on the pics, so im assuming its the viewfinder ?
Cleaning didnt shift it, maybe I should give it a blow inside ?

Yes, sounds like it's on the mirror. Just give it a gentle blow, that should shift it

Guys, as mentioned earlier, I got a grip for my a300, but I don't really like it very much.
(For me....) it makes handling it a bit more difficult.

So if anyones interested.......
Not looking for a profit, as long as I can get back what I paid for it.

Yes, sounds like it's on the mirror. Just give it a gentle blow, that should shift it

Thanks for the tips but blowing dosnt seem to shift it, very strange.
Think ill just return it as it shouldnt really have been there in the first place in a brand new camera ?

Thanks for the tips but blowing dosnt seem to shift it, very strange.
Think ill just return it as it shouldnt really have been there in the first place in a brand new camera ?

Probably best. (y)

Ah well I can read my A200 book and hopefully will be clued up for when the replacement arrives.

Just got my wireless shutter release from hong Kong today and it works just great. So thats another little bit of kit to add to my little collection.

Originally Posted by PAS
anyone had any dealings with jessops? went in today to get a price and availability of the 70-200, just bout had a heart attack when the guy gave me the price ... £1900!!!!
wont be asking there again
Strange that Jessops would suggest models other than Sony when they apparently have a deal to sell Sony's, saying that I got my (Pucker) Sony assesories from an independant store. From my enquiry experience the level of help and expertese has varied depending on the geographical location of the store togther with the type of staff employed. Jessops Store No1 chatted for ages giving me hands in experience whilst a young salesperson at Jessops store No 2 insisted that a twin lens deal only came with one lens. When telling the obviously uninterested salesperson to check it on their website i was told not to believe everything on the internet. Funny that I ordered my package online for collection at Store No 1 and got exactly what i expected.
i've posted on here before that ive purchased Sony asseories from Cameraworld in London at a cheaper prce than Jessops and will do again when needed.

HELP...

has anybody had a problem where you go to take a picture but the camera says no lens attached ! it only seems to happen when i swap back to the kit lens
just wonder if i should return it or am i missing something.
the focus works fine its just when u press to shoot.

cheers

Quick question - Is it a big jump from an A200 to the A700 in terms of picture quality? Has anyone made this move themselves or know of any reviews out there? I have an A200 and am trying to see if it is worth the difference.

Thanks all,
G

mmm
checked that thanks but cat find ay menu with lens check or such like on a200

I read a few folk saying turn shutter lock off but I dont think you can with the A200, do you get this error when attaching a non af lens ?

Another thread suggests setting the mode dial to m and set it to mf on the body.

Quick question - Is it a big jump from an A200 to the A700 in terms of picture quality? Has anyone made this move themselves or know of any reviews out there? I have an A200 and am trying to see if it is worth the difference.

Thanks all,
G

i can't answer your question,but i'll be interested in the answer as i too might be looking to upgrade or get the A700 as a second body in the near future.the A700 body is around the £600 mark at the moment,so a good buy.i'm sure it will come down a little more in the near future,so i may wait a while longer..

my main reason would probably be for better high ISO noise handling.

i can't answer your question,but i'll be interested in the answer as i too might be looking to upgrade or get the A700 as a second body in the near future.the A700 body is around the £600 mark at the moment,so a good buy.i'm sure it will come down a little more in the near future,so i may wait a while longer..

my main reason would probably be for better high ISO noise handling.

If you get an A700 body, make sure it's on Firmware version 4 and turn the in camera noise reduction off.

well orded battery grip from hong kong on 26th at 23.00 and it just arrived at 9.00 so less than a week
just swapped lens again and gave it a firm click into place and it seems ok this time i think i`ll see how i go have a yr waranty so if it still gives problems in a few weeks i`ll return it to amazon

ok off to try my grip

where`s best for a second battery?
seems i cant stop spending money lol

My new A200 arrived today, no issues so far, touch wood!
No off to learn how to use it :)

I noticed theres an A200 group on flickr and it has some nice tips on its forum.

Here's an image of a set that I took last weekend at a gig I went to. I have the version 4 firmware on my A700 with Noise Reduction (NR) turned off - although I shoot in RAW so I'm not sure how much the NR affects the RAW images - besides taking as long again as the initial image took to be shot.

Anyway, this is the full Image, now a jpeg file from RAW, no other enhancements have been done so far. These are at ISO 2500

Prenoise.jpg

This is a 100% crop of an area of the previous image - remember, no other alterations have been done.

Prenoisecopy.jpg

This is roughly the same 100% crop, this time the image has been through Noise Ninja (twice) at noise index level 42 and then through the Dust and scratches filter in CS2

Postnoise.jpg

There are still issues with noise, even at ISO 2500

Is the supplied lens hood on the a200 kit lens much use ?
Are you ment to unscrew and reverse it ?

Thanks, Just read that its put that way when you get it to stop shadows showing for indoor shots.

to livewire, just go to your user cp, signature, then type 'flickr' or 'my pics' or whatever then highlight that and click insert link (wee world symbol) and insert your flickr address which you can find on your account i think.

Here, i was browsing ebay for a macro lens and came across this:
Minolta Dynax or Sony Alpha Autofocus fit Sigma 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 macro zoom lens in mint- condition complete with 55mm lens cap

Sharp optics and a very high build quality lens, 1:2 ratio macro focusing down to 25cm

Will fit and is fully compatible with all Minolta autofocus bodies new and old including all Dynax models and is also compatible with the Dynax 7D, 5D and Sony Alpha A100, A200, A300, A350 and A700 digital slr giving a 35mm equivalant range of 44mm to 120mm, also suitable for Sony A900.

My question is (as a newb!) What does that 'equivalant range of 44mm to 120mm' mean? How do they work that out? And what does it mean in real life?

My question is (as a newb!) What does that 'equivalant range of 44mm to 120mm' mean? How do they work that out? And what does it mean in real life?

It's the equivalent field of view based on the crop factor of those camera' sensors.

Tiny im new to photography but I think the equivilent lens means that because its an old lens designed for a film camera when you put it on a digital camera you times it by around 1.5 due to the digital sensor being smaller than the negative of a film camera. Please correct me if im wrong.

Tiny im new to photography but I think the equivilent lens means that because its an old lens designed for a film camera when you put it on a digital camera you times it by around 1.5 due to the digital sensor being smaller than the negative of a film camera. Please correct me if im wrong.

Yes, but it applies to all lenses, not just ones designed for 35mm film. Full Frame cameras are the equivalent of 35mm.

Hi All,

anyone know why my lenses insist on auto-focusing even when both lens & camera are set to MF?

Using an A350, kit lens, Sigma 180 3.5 macro, Beercan, Sigma 400 - all seem to want to auto-focus and only occasionally will they let me MF - is there something I'm missing?...any help greatly appreciated.

Also listing a 3x TC on flea bay if anyone interested, won't let me list on here yet :crying: - 310096270888

Ken.

Not sure with the 350 but with the A200 it will autofocus if its in anything other than p, a s, m even if the switch is set to mf. If you want to mf when it does this you need to flick up to af and then to mf again and it should let you manual focus.

How much is a second hand 70-200 worth? its in good condition, no box though.
found one on a website for £950..... or is it best getting new when they are in stock?:thinking:
thanks

How much is a second hand 70-200 worth? its in good condition, no box though.
found one on a website for £950..... or is it best getting new when they are in stock?:thinking:
thanks

Depends on how much you want it. If the source is one you know to be reliable and you are confident it is in good condition then it sounds like a decent price. Given how difficult they are to get hold of new I would imagine 2nd hand ones would fetch a premium. Don't think the box should matter, it's only going to sit on a shelf or get thrown ino the back of a cupboard anyway. Does it come with the leather case?

doesnt mention the case, its on LCE, whom ive not dealt with b4....
so not sure.... i can afford to wait, the motox is nearly finished, and the old lens would do the few left:shrug:

so not sure.... i can afford to wait, the motox is nearly finished, and the old lens would do the few left:shrug:

Not dealt with LCE myself but have heard only good things. As far as the case is concerned, mine sits in the box as the lens is mounted on the camera in my bag so it probably isn't that important.

it's rediculous to think that there are no 70-200 G lens anywhere in the country...especially with sony wanting to push it's products.

or is it that dealers don't want to stock an item they may not be able to shift easily :shrug:

The problem seems to be that not only are dealers not stocking them, but they can't seem to get hold of them either, which suggests a supply problem. I've been keeping an eye on Warehouse Express and when I was looking for one they stated End of October for next expected delivery, now I notice it says end of November. Can't help wondering if there's a new version coming out. Better warm up the credit card Stan! :naughty:

I've dealt with LCE before, via the website and I was very impressed with the speed of service. I bought a £1,200 lens - the 24-70 Carl Zeiss - and ordered at lunchtime one day, got a phone call to confirm dispatch about an hour later and the delivery van came at 9am the next day - that's what I call service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back