camera club comp

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I entered my first competition at my local camera club on monday night. The subject was natural history and i submitted 2 images, I got 1st and 2nd place :)

2nd place......

1st place

I prefer No1 - but hey I aint no judge :clap::clap:

both cracking shots

Les ;)

+1 for number 1. Lovely colours and reflections in the drops. What lens did you take those on. I'm in the process of getting a Canon Mp-E65 to get some real close ups, but the composition on both your shots are excellent. Well done.

Great shots; think I'd have reversed the results too but what do I know? :)

Well done!

I'm not surprised, they're both excellent macro shots. Well done.

Number 1 has the edge for me though, due to colour and detail. :)

Great work John......and well deserved. I also would have put the results the other way round, but no matter - 1st AND 2nd is a great achievement(y)

2 great shouts but the first 1 is outstanding

Congratulations both are cracking shots

Hi. #1 is ace, well done. There's a bit too much dead space on the lhs in #2, but its still a very nice shot. Well done on the competition!

Awesome shots and worthy winners.... like the 1st shot due to colours!!!

Both are super shots, I too prefer the first shot, though I think the exposure on the second one is better, and perhaps that's what tipped the balance?

Tara

I wish people would stop posting superb shots like these, it makes me want to spend shedloads of money on lens flas and tripods. :(

Beautiful shots.:clap:

I don't understand who these judges are...they are both good, but #1 is a shot that takes skill, patience and most of all - I have never even seen that kind of wasp so obviously is not something you can just get from your back garden...

Worth being in anyone's portfolio.

Well done!

Back