Camera Strap

Bullysrus

Suspended / Banned
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
Hi

Looking for a strap to replace the standard canon on, must be longer so as the camera can go on my side.

Must be strong enough for the camera, grip and 70-200

What do you all use

i have just bought a sunsniper strap pro ii. this thing is incredible. I use it for a d800 and long lens and it works really well. It has an integrated shock absorber so when putting the camera back by your side it doesnt yank on your shoulder.

Qstrap for me :)

Thanks All

Looks like the Black Rapid it is

I've on OpTech strap and am pleased with it, not too expensive either.

The Black rapid straps do seem to get a good following aswell...

I have tried plenty of camera straps and I have to say out of the lot Black Rapid is my favourite. Well built and deals well with heavy camera lens combination

Joby ultratfit sling strap for me.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3286165#forum-post-50095006

Ive had it since last year and cant fault it. In fact i was given a Black Rapid BR7 for my birthday last week and as good as it is, its still not as comfortable as the Joby, and it doesn't have the self adjusting strap length, which is rather good as it helps stop the camera from flapping around yet will instantly allow you to lift the camera up to your eye without needing to rotate the strap on your torso.

Another Black Rapid vote here. Been using it for a year or so, mostly with a D700, 24-70 combo and it makes such a difference. Mine's the women's specific model, designed not to squish boobs! :LOL:

I have the Q Strap, bought from here and delivered quickly. It's seriously one of the best investments I've made. I'm pretty sure you'll go BR but any sling is a million times better than a standard strap. Can't state how good a sling is...you'll never regret it.

I use one of the TP Op Tech straps and love it (y).

I have also tried a Black Rapid R7(?) which was ok but, as I use my tripod lots, I found it a pain to have to remove the BR attachment.

Andy

Just for reference, you can get the FastenR-T1 which is basically a tripod screw with a strong D ring to attach the Black Rapid to. This saves you removing the BR attachment all the time.

I've got 2 Q-Strap slings and a Q-Strap Dual harness and they are fantastic. Very strong, comfortable and a great price. I carry a gripped 5D3 with a Sigma 150-500 OS, a gripped 7D with Canon 70-200 f2.8L MkII or a 1D3 with either lens so they will definitely hold a good lot of weight. The dual harness was last used with the 5D3 with Sigma on one side and the 7D with Canon the other and I had no problems with discomfort or weight.

Black Rapid...any links please?

The post above yours?

I've got the Black Rapid RS5. Initially I liked it, but discovered that if wearing a loose or padded coat, it grips it and makes you look like you've put your coat on backwards after a few swings backward and forward :D

The post above yours?

I've got the Black Rapid RS5. Initially I liked it, but discovered that if wearing a loose or padded coat, it grips it and makes you look like you've put your coat on backwards after a few swings backward and forward :D

This is why I much prefer the Joby. It doesn't grip as much, and more importantly the strap lengthens automatically so it doesn't need to move on your torso when you raise the camera up. It also makes securing it tight against your body a very easy manoeuvre.

After two short outings with my BR7 I'm going to sell it, no point having two straps where one will do.

Black rapid arrived Saturday morning, used it in the afternoon, it's grea

Nice thread.
Thanks for the recommendations.

I will consider some of this straps, as it looks quite comfortable.

I have an op tech strap on mine. Brilliant strap. Once you have the uni loop connectors on the camera body you can connect a whole host of different straps, slings and so on. Also doesn't interfere with the tripod mount like the black rapid. My workmate has a black rapid. I really don't see any advantage over the op tech. Also black rapid is a lot dearer!

Back