Can you help a young lad?

Well we are nearly at 300 cards now and still to see what tomorrow brings...:)

Thank you all so much for your support... I've posted a piccy below... My apologies for it being so rubbish but I took it with a mobile phone as the digi camera is on charge...

I'll probably get the award for the worst photograph on a photography forum! :D

Photo-0004.jpg

Love n' hugs...

Ann-Marie x

Oh wow!!!! That is just awesome!!!! :D

Well done everyone, I am sure CeeJay appreciates it :clap:

I'll probably get the award for the worst photograph on a photography forum! :D

As far as I am concerned, its the best pic Ive seen in a long, long time :)

Fantastic and a credit to everyone involved. its great to see how many people come together when it matters :D

As far as I am concerned, its the best pic Ive seen in a long, long time :)

It's got more meaning and emotion than pretty much all of the pics in my collection, thats for sure!
Best one I've seen in a long time too!

Thanks for posting the pic :)

Absolutely moving cause and I'm soo glad to be a part of making this lad really happy. I hope he has an awesome Christmas! :)

Please keep us updated as and when :)

Hi Grockle

How is CeeJay, and how are you all we hope you had a good Christmas and hope Ceejay had one too

all the best

Pete and Eileen

Hi All...

I just wanted to let you know that CeeJay had a lovely birthday and Christmas and is still battling on...:)

He had a total so far of over 350 birthday cards and was so absolutely over the moon it was lovely to see... Huge thank you's indeed to everyone who helped out...

He slept through most of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day... Just a few hours of wakefulness with each... But Boxing Day was a really, really good day and he managed to be very much with it for about seven hours straight which he's not been able to do for literally weeks... His medical team haven't called him the Comeback Kid for nothing though - so far, he's broken just about every rule they know...;)

So although it has been sad from my perspective, seeing the family together and knowing it's the last one - it's also been amazingly lovely and uplifting for that same reason...

A few months ago I had a chat with CeeJay about a Memory Box... Not because he knows his prognosis but I slid it past him as something to put his special bits in... To save me really having to choose myself later on... That arrived in the post on Christmas Eve and the lady had done a fantastic job of painting it with the beach scene he wanted... I kinda looked at it, admired the artwork then looked over at him sleeping, back to the box and promptly burst into tears thinking that soon this lovely box would be all I'd have... A few hours later, he opened more birthday cards that were still arriving and his smile lit up the room... The kindness of strangers for an unknown lad has really helped to balance some of the more difficult emotions... For that, a simple 'thank you' just isn't enough...

We did have an hour together on Christmas Eve in the small hours of Christmas Day where I was able to move him to the armchair and he pursuaded me (real hardship of course!) to let him open a present early... I took some photos and if I can get them loaded up today I'll post them - he was bright as a button for it and it was a particularly lovely moment...

I hope everyone here had a lovely Christmas with smiles, love and some peace...:love:

Ann-Marie x

Thanks for that Ann-Marie.

I don't believe any of us can truly understand what you are both going through. I do think that talking about it can sometimes help though.

I would like to wish you both a happy new year and all the best.

Dear Ann-Marie

I am so sorry but I have only just seen this post and so have missed Ceejay's birthday. I'm in bits here. There was I, wingeing away over Christmas that I'm in France and my babes are in UK and there's you going through hell. I am truly humbled and there are no words that would convey my admiration for your spirit and bravery.

As one mother to another, I know that Ceejay's light will shine in your heart forever and that when the time comes, the angels will be blessed to have him with them.

Much love Kryssy xx

Thank-You Ann-Maria for the update and so glad you had a lovely christmas with Cee-Jay.We can't begin to imagine what you are going though but you and your family are always in our thoughts.
Eileen & Pete

Hi folks.
Just wondering how our little friend CJ is doing.

Has anyone got an up-date on his condition.

Toby

His mum says he is skin and bone apart from swollen ankles, one leg and midriff. His skin just flakes off when touched and his respiratory rate is down to a max of 8 weak breaths a minute, but he just keeps going even though his pain meds are becoming less effective by the day.

I'll ask her if she'll pop in and post as soon as I can catch her on chat.

It ain`t nice seeing one so young suffering so much when he ain`t had no life.

For what it is worth, I wish you all the best.

:(

Thanks Grockle for the update.Me and Pete often wondered how he was but didn't like to ask .Tell Ann-Marie and her family they are always in our thoughts .

Thanks very much for the update.

and tell Ann-Marie that there many over here in Canada that
are praying for CJ.

It ain`t nice seeing one so young suffering so much when he ain`t had no life.

For what it is worth, I wish you all the best.

Thats the saddest part of it.:( our thoughts are still with CJ and the family. Wayne

Awww only just discovered this thread, really really wish I could have sent a birthday card! That pic of CJ in bed surrounded by all those cards really set me off.... :( thoughts to Anne Marie and all the family...praying for you all

Bless him.

Makes you realise how lucky you are.

Thanks for the updates

Love and best wishes to you and CJ.

You are a wonderful Mum and he sounds a wonderful boy.

We are all thinking of you both.

Janice

I can't think of a place more worthy to make my first post than in this thread. Anne-Marie, all my thoughts are with you, your family and your son at this difficult time. My very best wishes go out to you all.

Sam

Hi all

Just a quick update on CJ. He's not doing very well now and is almost skeletal with absolutely no body fat and pressure sores all over the place. It appears that because he's on the autistic spectrum he doesn't realise there is anything really wrong with him and therefore his brain never knows when to give up.

His mum knows I've posted this as she does not feel that she could write without getting too heavy and possibly ranting a bit which she does not want to do.

She has asked me to say a really huge thank you to everyone on here who has sent cards, wishes, prayers etc and she finds it absolutely amazing how much people still care about what happens to others. She finds it very humbling.

I can't even begin to imagine what you are all going through. suffice to say I feel humbled by the lads plight.

God bless

Thanks for the update Grockle, I hope everyone is as well as can be expected.

Thinking of you CJ x

I'm in...just let us know how big his smile was on his Birthday!
All of the best to you all and God bless!!!

Heini

Back