Canon 5D MKIII official owners/users thread, anything related to the 5D MKIII

Yes Me too from Kerso (y)

I ordered my 5D3 after close of business on Wednesday and just had a call from home to say the FedEx man delivered it before 9am today. Brilliant service from Kerso (y)

Mark

I ordered my 5D3 after close of business on Wednesday and just had a call from home to say the FedEx man delivered it before 9am today. Brilliant service from Kerso (y)

Mark

Same cannot be said for Jessops! :thumbsdown:

Just testing the sharpness of my 16-35 L MKII...

7096134759_bac42f8eb4_c.jpg

Same cannot be said for Jessops! :thumbsdown:

I heard on the grapevine that Jessops big Birmingham branch had an initial rather large order of them something in the region of 300 (how accurate that is??) and were all sold within a couple of days :(

Wow that is very sharp (y) that is actually a lens that is on my future kit list (y)

Matt

Thanks MWHCVT..!

Another........

7096378817_8b2611b5aa_c.jpg

No its very soft.. Don't worry though i’ll take it off your hands at a knock down price :whistle:

Mark

Anyone tell me how many full size raw images the 5D3 can get onto an 8Gb CF card?

About 265 based on my 16gb CF can take 535@ISO100 but the higher the ISO the lower than number gets (y)

Matt

Anyone tell me how many full size raw images the 5D3 can get onto an 8Gb CF card?

I just set mine to Max size RAW only with an 8GB card inserted and its telling me 266

Mark

:LOL: I wasn't far off then (y)

I wasn’t nit picking over 1 frame Matt :) , I posted seconds after you and they came up together (y)

Mark

Received mine this morning, early thoughts are it is superb, great AF, low light performance seems superb, I've just got to get used to not using two fingers for each button press, and using the magnification button at the left, not top right.

Better change your camera bag then (y)

Which one?

The Peli 1600?
The Lowepro Rolling Computrekker?
The Kata 467i?
The Tamrac Cyberpack 8?
The Lowepro Classified 250?
The Kata Holster?

Oops, I've got a bag fetish :LOL:

Could be worse I hear a certain moderator has a leather fetish :naughty: :cautious:

Though I was referring to the 5D3 on order in your TP camera bag (y)

Matt

Just bought mine at Singapore airport last night at a very attractive price! Worked out at £2,234.
All supported/ warranty / now registered on my CPS.

Looked at the top LCD and looks hardened (i.e no scope for smudging the LCD).

Now in Sydney and doing some tests with my 300 f4, 70-200 2.8 and 24-70 2.8

AF is very nice, IQ is rich and very happy indeed!

Definitely looking to do the night harbour shots!

Last edited:
Has everyone gone to Singapore to buy another 5D III or have all the 5D III owners got far better weather than me and gone using their new toys? :shrug:

I have never seen such an active thread suddenly go dead like this one :tumbleweed:

Mark

A few of my thoughts I shared over on Pistonheads
I'm loving mine, the AF is very good, even better than my 1 series bodies, the IQ is superb. I've been unable to process properly till yesterday, although DPP is OK I am used to Capture One Pro and it wasn't updated till yesterday. Files seem to have a higher dynamic range than my 1Ds Mk2, I can push and pull them more, there is tonnes of detail to be had, they're not so big that I need a new Macbook Pro (one of the considerations when considering a move to the darkside for a D800e).

The customisation is much easier than one series, a simple setup where I can set the AF on button, DoF preview button etc to do different functions. The little joystick is great to use for AF point selection.

The screen is a revelation, and being able to rate images on the go is a really good idea. In camera HDR is a bit of a novelty but does give you an idea what you could achieve if you wanted. For interior shots, on the natural setting, it works a treat, pulling out shadows and keeping windows from blowing out.

The original plan was to sell my 1Ds Mk2 and keep my 1D Mk2 for airshows, Le Mans etc, to be honest the 5D Mk3 is so good I'm wondering about selling both those and buying another.

My thoughts are far less detailed and more mundane than those of markmullen :nuts:

1) Has anyone managed to buy a grip in the UK? :shake:

2) Does the screen protector that is sold for the 5DII also fit the screen on the 5DIII :thinking:

Mark

My thoughts are far less detailed and more mundane than those of markmullen :nuts:

1) Has anyone managed to buy a grip in the UK? :shake:

2) Does the screen protector that is sold for the 5DII also fit the screen on the 5DIII :thinking:

Mark

No sign of any grips yet :( I really want to order a grip for it (y)

Its funny, I'm enjoying not having a gripped body after a string of 1 series, having something much smaller and lighter appeals.

:LOL: part of me is dreading a grip as it is the 5D3 is heavier round the neck than my Gripped 450D but I do that many night shoots and long exposures I just have to have two batteries in place (y)

I too could do with a screen protector I think.

I've fitted the XO Skins screen protector. It's the wet application type. It was pretty much the only decent one I could find when I ordered it. It's not bad to be honest. Comes with films for both LCD panels.

However, I've always use Martin Fields screen protectors on all sorts of things. They are really good good in my experience. Now that they have one available for the mkIII I've ordered one too, though I'll run with the XO Skins until it gets manky.

My only frustration with the mkIII currently is not being able to get out and shoot with it. A combination of dead busy, bad weather, work and illness have conspired against me.

Annoying to say the least....

Well check out my 366 thread then :naughty: there's a few photos from my one there :LOL: not saying there great examples from the camera but I like them :LOL:

:LOL: part of me is dreading a grip as it is the 5D3 is heavier round the neck than my Gripped 450D but I do that many night shoots and long exposures I just have to have two batteries in place (y)

Thats where straps like the Black Rapid come in to their own (y)

Mark

Thats where straps like the Black Rapid come in to their own (y)

Mark

I've actually ordered to be collected at the TP Convention two of the TP OpTech Pro straps I think that will really make things better for me (y)

Back