Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Owners Thread

Launch day has always been the 8th so no surprise for Thursday as that's the 8th ;)

Anyone for a £600 saving?

http://panamoz.com/index.php/digital-cameras/canon/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-dslr-camera-body-only.html

I'll be ordering mine soon, a nice birthday present to myself, just wondering if I should keep my 6D as well...

Very tempted to order at that price
This is why I can't understand the pricing from DigitalRev, most people buy from them to get a better price but they've made it the same as the UK price - surely shooting themselves in the foot.

I've just had a call from Park Cameras to say deliveries have been delayed as stock is now not due in until Monday.

You might be further up the list than me and perhaps they're getting fewer bodies in the initial delivery than expected. The chap knew nothing of how I'd ordered (I opted to collect in store), giving me the impression he had a list of names and numbers to call. I put my order in around 06:30am on 25th August.

I'm a massive Canon lover. I've just got rid of most of my gear for miro 4/3, if I ever go back to full frame I think it would have to be Nikon. There just seems to be 'more' tech at better prices. Can't take anything away from Canon lenses though, superb!

It was about 6 months, if I remember right. It dropped £600 from the launch price £2995.00 when it first went on sale. But that price has pretty much stayed the same last 4 years. Looking at the 5ds/r they haven't dropped much at all since launch and I think this new camera will be the same for a while, until everyone has got one.

Launch price was £3500, it dropped to £3k by Dec 2012 cos thats when I bought mine.

You might be further up the list than me and perhaps they're getting fewer bodies in the initial delivery than expected. The chap knew nothing of how I'd ordered (I opted to collect in store), giving me the impression he had a list of names and numbers to call. I put my order in around 06:30am on 25th August.

I was 25th too (not sure of time but it was morning), home delivery tho..

They have not taken the money yet so I am not that hopeful it will turn up tommorow

I got a msg on my machine saying delivery Monday :(

This has pretty much made up my mind that dual pixel RAW is pretty much a waste of time unfortunately.

Seen this as well?
http://www.imaging-resource.com/new...cus-tweaks-canons-new-tech-can-yield-an-addit

Now the video said he couldn't get it to work. There are some requirements
http://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-5d-mark-iv/dual-pixel-raw/

I think I'll wait until it's out in the wild and real users (on here included) have reported back on all it's features before making my mind up.
I tend to be a little skeptical of youtube reviews these days as it's all about monitising your channel..

Last edited:
Launch price was £3500, it dropped to £3k by Dec 2012 cos thats when I bought mine.

Byker you were robbed if you paid that for your 5d mark III back in 2012, I still have the recipe for mine from hprestons which I bought 11-09-2012 for £2398.99.

I think I'll wait until it's out in the wild and real users (on here included) have reported back on all it's features before making my mind up.
I tend to be a little skeptical of youtube reviews these days as it's all about monitising your channel..

Totally this it is silly season for the mkiv on YouTube right now loads of interest and not many videos. Plenty of people just looking to cash in by saying something controversial/negative get loads of views and cash in!

Totally this it is silly season for the mkiv on YouTube right now loads of interest and not many videos. Plenty of people just looking to cash in by saying something controversial/negative get loads of views and cash in!

Found myself watching a 'first impressions' video today... until it occurred to me that the 'reviewer' didn't have a Mk IV in his hands/on his desk.

Seen this as well?
http://www.imaging-resource.com/new...cus-tweaks-canons-new-tech-can-yield-an-addit

Now the video said he couldn't get it to work. There are some requirements
http://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-5d-mark-iv/dual-pixel-raw/

Yep, sure we'll know more over the next few days. Will be interesting to see if he was right about Adobe supporting dual RAW but not the actual adjustments. Guess we won't know this for a while yet though.

They are DNG - should load into lightroom just fine (i've not tried yet)
Yep you're right, was confusing them with some RAW files that I downloaded :facepalm:

They are DNG - should load into lightroom just fine (i've not tried yet)
Yep you're right, was confusing them with some RAW files that I downloaded :facepalm:

e1bf10cf74cd2cb1ff3be322e567e697.jpg
O dear what is inside here?

I know the video above says the DPRAW is useless at 2.8, how is it with the 85 at 1.2? That's the only use I could see for it, not a deal breaker but would be nice to know. Is the touch screen iphone level or do you need to really press down?

I have a shoot planned on Saturday and then I am off to take some pics on a local carnival!

Does lr support 5d4 raw files yet?
Don't think so, usually takes adobe a few weeks.

Back