Canon EOS 6D Mk2 Owner's Thread

As I said, you're making a compromise, exposure and dynamic range. That's fine for you but others may not wish to make that compromise.

There is always compromises. I have a 6d and Nikon d600 coming in 2 days and Fuji high end x-t1. If only one was clearly better than the other but they are not and Nikon lowlight performance is exaggerated. I will compare the 6d and d600 at 26,400 and I bet I wont see much difference will an actual pair of eyes

1/4000 bugs me no end and filters can be a right royal PITA as they may need to be fitted for one shot to bring the shutter speed under 1/4000 and removed for the next to stop the ISO rising or shutter speed falling and there's the problem of handling as you juggle your camera and filter and filter box as you get the filter plus box out of your pocket or bag, remove it from its box and juggle the camera, filter box and filter and fit the filter to the lens and if you've got a lens hood there's that to juggle too.

I do wonder how good at juggling people who say that using filters to get under 1/4000 is no biggie are. And then there's the time all this juggling and retrieving, fitting, removing and putting away all takes. Of course if your an f8 all day long kind of guy none of this matters. It's just a PITA if you shoot at wider to normal apertures in changing light. I'd hate to be limited to 1/4000 again.

What exactly are you shooting to have 1/4000 cause you a regular problem in this country. I shoot wide primes all the time on a D750, which also has this limitation and unless you really like open, hard sunshine, can't see it being a constant hinderance and certainly not a deal breaker? That time of day is never flattering for anything, so??

It takes time for the Canon faithful to die off and for younger buyers to become significant in the market... or for the market to shift to a different product.

That's what they say about people who voted for Brexit.

There is always compromises. I have a 6d and Nikon d600 coming in 2 days and Fuji high end x-t1. If only one was clearly better than the other but they are not and Nikon lowlight performance is exaggerated. I will compare the 6d and d600 at 26,400 and I bet I wont see much difference will an actual pair of eyes
your'e getting the 6D as well, how dare you !!!?;)

your'e getting the 6D as well, how dare you !!!?;)

Have had a 6d for years. I have a draw full of cameras from canon, Nikon and a Fuji. Like collecting stamps, only I collect cameras lol.

But many people spend more on a single body and lens than I have spent since 2009.

Who really shoots at ISO 26,400. On my 6D I rarely use 12,800 and only as a last resort. Its ISO 3200 and 6400 that are more practical in day to day use.

Who really shoots at ISO 26,400. On my 6D I rarely use 12,800 and only as a last resort. Its ISO 3200 and 6400 that are more practical in day to day use.

I use 26,400 with a 6D if not printing. Its better than a 1d mk3, d90, d300 or d300s at ISO 6,400 probably

Yeah, you knew where you were in the old days when it was just Canon and Nikon and a few of them Olympuses, not like it is these days *grumbles* all this new lot coming over here taking our photos... and some of 'em without any mirrors on either!

;)
Time for another referendum then!

My sis in law has a 760D and looking at the 6D ii. I'm not sure whether to recommend or not!!

My sis in law has a 760D and looking at the 6D ii. I'm not sure whether to recommend or not!!

It'll be much better body than the 760d.

The 'pre reviews' are worrying if true. I've waited a long time for this camera to upgrade from my woefully noisy 7D. It's not a mistake I want to make again. If I didn't have a significant amount invested in Canon glass, I'd seriously consider jumping ship as I have no particular allegiance to any brand but I do expect clean images.

I guess the advice to 'wait and see' is the best option at the moment.

Showing as 'in stock' with Digitalrev and Panamoz.

Like you Dale I am looking for something to replace my MKI 7D and was thinking the 6DII looked ideal but no way am I spending that sort of money on a full frame camera just to find it is not much better than my Canon M5.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board ... 5D MKIV or sell everything and look elsewhere (would still keep the M5 though).

Like you Dale I am looking for something to replace my MKI 7D and was thinking the 6DII looked ideal but no way am I spending that sort of money on a full frame camera just to find it is not much better than my Canon M5.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board ... 5D MKIV or sell everything and look elsewhere (would still keep the M5 though).

I'll be waiting on real world reviews I think. Time will tell. I can't justify a MkIV unless I import and then, only just.

I will certainly wait for image results. However moving from a 50d I would be happy with a 6d, but the auto focus on video is drawing me to 6d ii

It'll still be better IQ wise then the M5. Look past dynamic range and wait until we know what the effective ISO is from a few more reviews.

Panamoz are saying in stock body only for £1520!

If that is a genuine price it makes Canon's RRP of £1999 quite ludicrous. Add 20% VAT onto 1389 > £1666.80.

Just who exactly is profiteering here?

Canons RRP'S are always high, they soon drop.

The place is genuine, been using them for the last 4 years.

If that is a genuine price it makes Canon's RRP of £1999 quite ludicrous. Add 20% VAT onto 1389 > £1666.80.

I had a brand new 6d MK 1 for £800 several years ago. In UK shops it was still £1599.99 at the time so half price.

I think my question is this really....... the grey importers are not going to sell these at a loss, are they?

So is Canon wholesaling them at an inflated price in the UK and making a mint themselves, or are they imposing a RRP on the retailers, which may actually be illegal?:bat:

And don't be convinced the RRP will drop that quickly. How far has the price of the 5d4 dropped since it was introduced? Not far and very slowly.

I know this is a bit of tangent but it does pee me off.

Just looking forward to seeing some reviews of the camera now!

If there are people who are willing to pay £1999, then surely it makes sense for retailers to cater to them? They're subsidising the rest of us.

I think my question is this really....... the grey importers are not going to sell these at a loss, are they?

So is Canon wholesaling them at an inflated price in the UK and making a mint themselves, or are they imposing a RRP on the retailers, which may actually be illegal?:bat:

And don't be convinced the RRP will drop that quickly. How far has the price of the 5d4 dropped since it was introduced? Not far and very slowly.

I know this is a bit of tangent but it does pee me off.

Just looking forward to seeing some reviews of the camera now!

UK shops take a chunk that would make your eyes water. I would guess they pay less than £1000 per unit and sell for £1899.99 "on special sale"

I know a family who supplies john lewis and mother care and those 2 businesses were selling for 20 times what the product was worth.

I think the UK retail price will come down but slowly and not by a huge amount, if the 5DMkiv is any gauge to go by. The Mkii is currently less than the Mki was when it was released and the Mki is currently just under £1400. Will the Mkii come down to less than this, being less at release? I won't hold my breath on that one as I've already held it long enough waiting on the Mkii's release.

I'm a little reluctant to confess this but importing is looking like an option for me.

Last edited:
Personally I have no problem with buying grey (never had to before though) and at that price it is very tempting ...BUT there is still the unanswered sensor performance question.

Plus for some reason I thought the fps was more than 4.5.:thinking:

UK shops take a chunk that would make your eyes water. I would guess they pay less than £1000 per unit and sell for £1899.99 "on special sale"

I'm still laughing at this comment.

Last edited:
...BUT there is still the unanswered sensor performance question.

Plus for some reason I thought the fps was more than 4.5.:thinking:

agree on the sensor,

is the fps not 6.5?

Back