Canon EOS R Series Cameras

Can any one tell me the current wait times from UK suppliers - looking to get a R6 but will order elsewhere if i am having to wait a month or 2 it seems the grey importers dont have many problems fullfilling orders of this camera

i know from earlier threads that people ordered from Wex in june and july and still no camera - if this is still the case will order elsewhere

Wex is still way behind, I was told they are up to fulfilling orders from July 22nd, I'm still waiting for my R5 which was placed on the 29th.

Rediculous when there are sellers on amazon uk selling the R5.

Is it the case for all official Canon UK stockists or is WEX just the most popular reseller? I ordered mine from them as I am not in a position to buy for a few weeks anyway and I have a large chunk of credit with them in trade-ins.

They told me when I asked that they have no idea when they will be able to supply me but hope it would to be "before Christmas". I tried phoning Park a couple of times to see what they were like but couldn't get an answer. Maybe folk like me annoying them with questions about delivery times

Last edited:
In the meantime, by way of light relief for you chaps getting impatient, here's a delivery problem going the other way.

I've been tracking my Panamoz return via TNT. Picked up last Monday and so far this is it's journey:

05/10/2020, 07:18 Oude Meer Shipment arrived at TNT location
05/10/2020, 07:11 Oude Meer Shipment held due to dangerous goods. Follow-up actions underway
01/10/2020, 20:15 Budapest Shipment in transit
01/10/2020, 09:30 Oude Meer Shipment arrived at TNT location
01/10/2020, 09:30 Oude Meer Shipment held due to dangerous goods. Follow-up actions underway
01/10/2020, 03:31 Grace-Hollogne Shipment in transit
30/09/2020, 07:30 Grace-Hollogne Shipment arrived at TNT location
30/09/2020, 02:40 Grace-Hollogne Shipment being processed at TNT location.
30/09/2020, 02:35 Grace-Hollogne Shipment now at the depot nearest to collection address
30/09/2020, 01:10 Grace-Hollogne Delay due to authorities. Recovery action underway
29/09/2020, 22:39 Stansted Airport Shipment in transit
29/09/2020, 21:41 Stansted Shipment in transit
29/09/2020, 19:57 Basildon Shipment in transit
29/09/2020, 19:56 Basildon Shipment in transit
29/09/2020, 19:56 Basildon Shipment now at the depot nearest to collection address
28/09/2020, 21:45 Basildon Shipment arrived at TNT location

28/09/2020, 06:02 Basildon Shipment now at the depot nearest to collection address

I'm baffled :confused:

It sounds like TNT made a mess- up because it's now back to where it was last Thursday ( according to Google Maps I could've driven it there in 5 hrs 42mins!) having had an excursion to Budapest.

It also seems the Dutch are a bit nervous of the R5. Maybe they've heard about the overheating thing?:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
In the meantime, by way of light relief for you chaps getting impatient, here's a delivery problem going the other way.

I've been tracking my Panamoz return via TNT. Picked up last Monday and so far this is it's journey:

05/10/2020, 07:18 Oude Meer Shipment arrived at TNT location
05/10/2020, 07:11 Oude Meer Shipment held due to dangerous goods. Follow-up actions underway
01/10/2020, 20:15 Budapest Shipment in transit
01/10/2020, 09:30 Oude Meer Shipment arrived at TNT location
01/10/2020, 09:30 Oude Meer Shipment held due to dangerous goods. Follow-up actions underway
01/10/2020, 03:31 Grace-Hollogne Shipment in transit
30/09/2020, 07:30 Grace-Hollogne Shipment arrived at TNT location
30/09/2020, 02:40 Grace-Hollogne Shipment being processed at TNT location.
30/09/2020, 02:35 Grace-Hollogne Shipment now at the depot nearest to collection address
30/09/2020, 01:10 Grace-Hollogne Delay due to authorities. Recovery action underway
29/09/2020, 22:39 Stansted Airport Shipment in transit
29/09/2020, 21:41 Stansted Shipment in transit
29/09/2020, 19:57 Basildon Shipment in transit
29/09/2020, 19:56 Basildon Shipment in transit
29/09/2020, 19:56 Basildon Shipment now at the depot nearest to collection address
28/09/2020, 21:45 Basildon Shipment arrived at TNT location

28/09/2020, 06:02 Basildon Shipment now at the depot nearest to collection address

I'm baffled :confused:

It sounds like TNT made a mess- up because it's now back to where it was last Thursday ( according to Google Maps I could've driven it there in 5 hrs 42mins!) having had an excursion to Budapest.

It also seems the Dutch are a bit nervous of the R5. Maybe they've heard about the overheating thing?:ROFLMAO:

My RF 100-500mm left Hong Kong on the 1st October and hasn't been seen since!!!

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 09.12.40.png

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Was that TNT? I'm slightly impatient as I'm waiting on a £3,700 refund. The reason I sent it back was to alleviate a cashflow issue but I'm worried it's not going to be returned in time

EDIT sorry just realised it was UPS.

Last edited:
That's what happens when you don't support the UK Photographic Industry ;) :D

I was actually going to buy this from the UK, it was £2600 on Panamoz and £2,899 over here, I'd pretty much decided to buy over here and was going to take advantage of the 2 years 0% options. Couldn't get it at any of the retailers I tried, spent at least 2 weeks trying so decided to go to Panamoz instead.

That's what happens when you don't support the UK Photographic Industry ;) :D

Yes I would have ordered from WEX too, having happily spent several thousands of pounds with them over the last 12 years, but they said it would be many weeks but couldn't give me any clearer idea of when it would come. It's not their fault of course but Canon UK don't seem to be getting their orders sorted for whatever reason.

Any grey I've bought in the past has come from HDEW who actually are as much a part of the UK photographic industry as Canon UK suppliers, being a UK company based in Surrey for about 25 years, and supporters of their local community.

So I feel no guilt ordering from Panamoz on this occasion either.

I'm just joshing with you guys :D I've bought from HDEW before, although the majority of my gear purchases have been acquired through UK 'white' , and been happy with the service.

I'm still deciding between the R5 and R6.

Well mine is still in Holland where it’s been since 1st October apart from a short break in Budapest. Panamoz were told it would arrive in the the next 2-3 days

When your camera gets back to Panamoz and they check it, it'll be like The Hangover at the end where they review the pics from the drunken night :ROFLMAO:
Wow
Wow
It does seem to have been organised by someone on the lash. I can't see any logic in the path it's taken. I can only assume it's a mistake and been put back on the lorry and now they're waiting for the next consignment to leave? I'm just a bit worried about getting my cash back. :confused:

OK, 1 month in with R5 and 10 days straight event shooting with both R5 and 1DXM2 and some with 5DM4 ... for me R5 is the winner. Mainly due to AF capability. I had thought the battery life would be an issue, I'm using a battery grip and it was not a problem. In particular R5 + 400 2.8 for pics of people on stage was incredible here is an example

ZFF 2020 Award Night by https://www.flickr.com/photos/131308896@N02/

Last edited:
OK, 1 month in with R5 and 10 days straight event shooting with both R5 and 1DXM2 and some with 5DM4 ... for me R5 is the winner. Mainly due to AF capability. I had thought the battery life would be an issue, I'm using a battery grip and it was not a problem. In particular R5 + 400 2.8 for pics of people on stage was incredible here is an example

ZFF 2020 Award Night by https://www.flickr.com/photos/131308896@N02/
Thanks for the feedback. Looks amazing :) Do you use the eye auto focus? I've been trying it on my R and I'm impressed with it, and presumably the R5 is even better. .

Thanks for the feedback. Looks amazing :) Do you use the eye auto focus? I've been trying it on my R and I'm impressed with it, and presumably the R5 is even better. .

Yes using the eye AF. My daughter has the R at the moment so didn't compare directly. With R5 the tracking was good, not 100%, overall more keepers compared with 1DM2 for this event. With more practice, I expect the R5 keeper rate will improve.

Yes using the eye AF. My daughter has the R at the moment so didn't compare directly. With R5 the tracking was good, not 100%, overall more keepers compared with 1DM2 for this event. With more practice, I expect the R5 keeper rate will improve.
That's excellent. I found using the eye AF really strange and kept forgetting that I could recompose without moving the focus point. I can really see how for events it would speed things up.

My god my r5 eats the battery Has anyone found out the same ? r5 with the 1.4 converter on the 600f4 or the 3002.8 thats with the lcd screen turned of and not looking at any of my shots just to change my settings a bit
I was expecting this to be a problem but so far has not been. I’m using with a battery grip and been shooting several hours a day without needing to change batteries during shooting. Using the LCD screen some of the time with 24-70 2.8, 80 1.4, 200 2.0 and 400 2.8.

If anyone is looking for a CFExpress card right now for their R5 but is deterred by the price, I've just bought a 256GB Delkin Power from Amazon.de for €334.99 delivered (by Friday). This should work out to be around £305 at the current exchange rate. The same card on Amazon.co.uk is currently £403.50...

it's a lot, I got one for the backup and went for 256GB for video - the agfaphoto 256GB cfexpress was gbp 230. Yet to need or try 8k video.

Hi and good day

I am looking for some advice I have the Canon R6 on back order I did have the R5 on back order however cancelled it for the R6. Now am not so sure I have done the right thing. I take pictures purely as a hobby and I don’t do video. I have just got rid of my 5Diiii and all my EF lenses and I have now got RF 24-105 F4 L RF 70-200 and the 100 -500 on back order. I mostly do landscape, wildlife and planes. I have watched all the YouTube stuff read all the pros and cons however there is little about which camera I should get for my type of photography. I am not interested in the cost of the R5 compared to the R6 I am looking for a camera (Canon Only) that will keep me happy for a couple of years. So am looking for landscape / wildlife photographers to tell me what they would get. I do crop my pictures and I do know this does make a difference and I also enlarge some of my pictures as much as 80x80cm. So am just wanting a feel for what yous would get and not some Youtubers.

Thanks

Bill

Last edited:
Hi and good day

I am looking for some advice I have the Canon R6 on back order I did have the R5 on back order however cancelled it for the R6. Now am not so sure I have done the right thing. I take pictures purely as a hobby and I don’t do video. I have just got rid of my 5Diiii and all my EF lenses and I have now got RF 24-105 F4 L RF 70-200 and the 100 -500 on back order. I mostly do landscape, wildlife and planes. I have watched all the YouTube stuff read all the pros and cons however there is little about which camera I should get for my type of photography. I am not interested in the cost of the R5 compared to the R6 I am looking for a camera (Canon Only) that will keep me happy for a couple of years. So am looking for landscape / wildlife photographers to tell me what they would get. I do crop my pictures and I do know this does make a difference and I also enlarge some of my pictures as much as 80x80cm. So am just wanting a feel for what yous would get and not some Youtubers.

Thanks

Bill

If money isn't an issue then why would you choose the R6 over the R5? For the type of photography you do I would say the R5 fits better - it's a stellar stills camera as well as the headline-grabbing video that most people don't actually need right now!

Hi magicolor1

The R6 better in low light for wildlife R5 big files so a lot slower to down load however not sure if this will be a problem or not.

Hi magicolor1

The R6 better in low light for wildlife R5 big files so a lot slower to down load however not sure if this will be a problem or not.
Yes fair enough. I just wonder if going from a 30Mpixel 5D to a 20Mpixel R6 might feel a bit of a downgrade and you'd struggle to get the same landscape results you're used to. The R5 at 45Mpixel is going to give you more to crop into and enlarge from, but you may need to upgrade your computer as well :D

Back