Canon EOS R Series Cameras

Has anybody used a non-Canon adapter for EF lenses? If so, which one and is it effective?
In case anyone’s a bit miffed about lack of r adapters at the moment, I bought a JJC ef/rf adapter off Amazon for my R, as the comtrol ring adapter is now on the R6. Arrived last night, 50 quid, works perfectly. The tripod mount unscrews too, so you’re not left with the lump on the bottom of it.
I just joint the R brigade with an RP. I couldn't find one with the official mount adapter so I bought the Viltrox adapter.
So far so good, though not fully tested in anger yet. It's good and solid and as per Jamie's post about the JJC, the tripod mount unscrews as well.
It's also £50.

Keep reading around just can’t make my
I do up.

R6 or R5.

Am leaning toward R6 so I can afford but some lens.

Coming from a9

Keep reading around just can’t make my
I do up.

R6 or R5.

Am leaning toward R6 so I can afford but some lens.

Coming from a9
What are you hoping to gain ?

I switched from A9 because I needed better video performance, if you only do stills i'm not sure there's much to be gained apart from far better ergonomics.

Originally I was a canon user for years with dslr lived those days. Love the canon menus and there q menu. Also the size could be better for my big hands.

What are you hoping to gain ?

I switched from A9 because I needed better video performance, if you only do stills i'm not sure there's much to be gained apart from far better ergonomics.

Plus which one
You got

Originally I was a canon user for years with dslr lived those days. Love the canon menus and there q menu. Also the size could be better for my big hands.
Certainly far more comfortable, i've ditched my neck strap and just use a wrist strap now as the grip is that good.

Certainly far more comfortable, i've ditched my neck strap and just use a wrist strap now as the grip is that good.

Menu better too? Easier find things?

It's a loan from Canon to try out. But basically the lenses I would get if I switched from Nikon. Sadly it'll all have to go back on Monday.
If you get the chance let me know how you get on with the 85mm 1.2?

Initial thought, it's heavy :D
I have an r5 plus 85mm 1,2. I have never seen quality like it.
300 % zooms look great.
I should be getting my 70-200 2,8 next Wednesday I hope it's better than the ef version.
I am p***ed off that the extenders don't work with it.

I’m sure it’s a stunning lens, although I probably won’t have chance to get the best out of it. But it’s a beast of a lens. It was a free hire so I added it out of curiosity.
The 70-200 is nice but has a lot of focus breathing. Nice and compact though.

After a lot of thought, I decided to bite the bullet and order the 70-200 2.8. A bit nervous given the cost that I don't get buyer remorse and need to head over to the GAS confessional thread...

300 % zooms look great.
I should be getting my 70-200 2,8 next Wednesday I hope it's better than the ef version.

What do you dislike about the EF version?

300 % zooms look great.
Better than my old ef mkll.......size makes it a walkabout lens and pin sharp so far........the price I got for the mkll was painful but no regrets........totally agree on the extender bit....design dept needs a shake at canon, plus only partially works on the 100-500 which is also a surprisingly good lens given the F............so can’t see me investing. Overall I’m hoping I put my potential knee replacements back a few years.....

Looking good.
Can I ask which lens was used for which picture?

Sure, no problem.

The Squirrel was with the RF600/11, the remarkable thing here is that was handheld at 1/25s and I think ISO2000

The duck is the RF70-200/2.8 at 200mm

The others are with the RF85/1.2

Interesting this morning. Took the R5 and 600mm out while taking the fog for her morning walk. Took it out of the bag and it refused to access the CFExpress card. Removed it and reinserted it a few times but nothing. Then I tried 15mins later and it worked fine.
Its a sandisk 128gb and I would normally avoid sandisk. So no idea what was wrong, as it’s a hire camera and the card came with it I don’t know eithers provenience but as the first Canon I’ve used in many many years it’s not confidence building.

300 % zooms look great.
- Tony, apart from the weight what did you not like about the EF version of the 70-200 2.8? Was it the Mk2 or Mk1 version? I have the Mk2 version and it works great on my adapted R5

Russ :)

Back