Canon FF mirrorless...

Very interesting to hear about your experiences with moving subjects Robin.

I’m hoping I can spend some quality time with my EOS R this weekend. I have the 24-70mm f4 IS L, and from the few photographs I’ve taken (work getting in the way) it looks a wonderful lens. I have a 70-200 f4 L (non IS) coming tomorrow so that will give me a solid basic setup while my wallet recovers LOL. I’ve put a basic setup onto it, and will no doubt refine it as I go along. Really like the EVF, and coming from a G9, the size and shape of the grip makes the camera feel very, very comfortable and familiar in the hand.

Cheers,

Simon.

You're too good for this thread

Oh, you are trolling, I never mentioned Sony, you might have got the 2 words confused but they don’t mean the same thing.

I’m not hurt by you, I believe you’re a m***n. I won’t repeat the word, I got reported earlier.

How do you know when you've been reported? I got a no warn day off for pretending to be the Hulk :LOL: Some of the stuff posted between here and the Sony thread make me seem pretty tame even on my most aggressive days

How do you know when you've been reported? I got a no warn day off for pretending to be the Hulk :LOL: Some of the stuff posted between here and the Sony thread make me seem pretty tame even on my most aggressive days

I’m psychic, I picked up the vibes from the moderator posting that they’d had too many reports (like magic)
:LOL:

I’m psychic, I picked up the vibes from the moderator posting that they’d had too many reports (like magic)
:LOL:

I think I am too! I pretty much knew it was coming, I didn't even moan about it, surprising - Just 'oh well' ...

Very interesting to hear about your experiences with moving subjects Robin.

I’m hoping I can spend some quality time with my EOS R this weekend. I have the 24-70mm f4 IS L, and from the few photographs I’ve taken (work getting in the way) it looks a wonderful lens. I have a 70-200 f4 L (non IS) coming tomorrow so that will give me a solid basic setup while my wallet recovers LOL. I’ve put a basic setup onto it, and will no doubt refine it as I go along. Really like the EVF, and coming from a G9, the size and shape of the grip makes the camera feel very, very comfortable and familiar in the hand.

Cheers,

Simon.
Is there any motor sport on around your way in the near future Simon, Croft etc. I'd like to see some shots with the R.

I have a feeling you're not a spray and pray type so the lack of fps shouldn't be a problem, could be interesting. ;)

Is there any motor sport on around your way in the near future Simon, Croft etc. I'd like to see some shots with the R.

I have a feeling you're not a spray and pray type so the lack of fps shouldn't be a problem, could be interesting. ;)

Hi Toni. Funnily enough there is. There’s a track day tomorrow, but I might struggle to get to that. However, the following weekend it’s the final round of the BTRDA Rallycross championship. Mrs H and my son are away, so I’ll probably have a look up. If I do, I’ll be sure to post how I get on.

Simon.

Oh, you are trolling, I never mentioned Sony, you might have got the 2 words confused but they don’t mean the same thing.

I’m not hurt by you, I believe you’re a m***n. I won’t repeat the word, I got reported earlier.
You sound hurt and continue to use bad words and name calling while I smile and enjoy life haha

Life's too short my dear friend Phil

.... The RF 24-105mm F/4L IS kit lens is superb and no matter which combo of EF lens with/without Extender III versions I mount, performance doesn't suffer. In fact the EF 100-400mm II can AF with 2x III combo when mounted on the EOS R but not when mounted on the 1DX-2 because that combo kicks the max aperture down to F/11 and the R can support that. Works equally well when a Kenko 1.4x is mounted on my EF 100mm F/2.8L IS Macro lens too.

Please note that I haven't RAW converted and post-processed any shots yet as I'm waiting for CR3 support in CaptureOne. I want to be able to compare image quality directly with my 1DX-2 images, just out of interest. The potential keepers look good at 100% in the EVF though.

You're right, Niko, Canon have exploited their major asset of their range of EF lenses. The EOS R bodies are simply additions to the EOS system as a whole < That suits me very well.

You can also mount EF-S lenses (I don't have any) but it crops but displays full out in the EVF and Vari-angle screen and also only delivers 10Mp instead of 30Mp. But that's not necessarily a problem at all and might even be good if shooting video < Something I never do and know nothing about.
fantastic news, I think the future looks bright. tbh if I had the funds I think id be buying one now. the things like 2 cards would just be a cherry on top, but the lack of isn't a deal breaker for me. I am not dependant on my pics for income and back up regularly anyway. its got so many positives to it and although not cheap, being between the 5d4 and 6d mk11 seems about right.
look forward to seeing the rest of the "r" series and tbh just what Panasonic brings to the table.

.... Shooting by panning relatively large targets like cars or motorbikes which arrive at spots on the track where you can set up and anticipate, are quite a different and far easier challenge than shooting erratic small birds in flight. Herons are usually fairly easy for example but even they can suddenly twist and turn.

So what I'm saying is that the EOS R is generally still very limited by a slow fps rate. If you only shoot very predictable subjects like motorsport then perhaps it's less of a problem.

.... Shooting by panning relatively large targets like cars or motorbikes which arrive at spots on the track where you can set up and anticipate, are quite a different and far easier challenge than shooting erratic small birds in flight. Herons are usually fairly easy for example but even they can suddenly twist and turn.

So what I'm saying is that the EOS R is generally still very limited by a slow fps rate. If you only shoot very predictable subjects like motorsport then perhaps it's less of a problem.

I would agree wholeheartedly with that Robin. With the focal lengths I have available, it will be predominantly side on panning shots that I take. The shutter speed I use and my skill (or otherwise) will probably have the greatest impact on hit rate. If I had longer lenses and was shooting a car coming straight towards or away from me (I seem to remember that previous Canon cameras always did worse with something moving away), then that might be a better test even if the movement would be predictable.

Simon.

Not slightly faster AF, AF that actually works for anything that isn't static... I've already said this tbh :D I do have an A9 which I use with adapted lenses.
Best check post #2634 ;)

Tbh if adapted lens performance isnt great
on either body (shock horror) then surely your better off buying a body that gives you class
Leading performance, access to lots of high quality ‘native’ lenses and also allows canon lenses to be adapted when you fancy a reduction in performance?

Back on topic and in a sincere effort to share my firsthand experiences with the EOS R for the benefit of all who are interested :

This afternoon, it being very sunny, I went out into my 'BackYard' and spotted a Collared Dove perched on a very tall dead tree trunk. The Dove was one of a pair and so there was some flying and returning to the perch going on - Perfect for my tests.

I had with me the EOS R + Adapter mounted on my EF 100-400mm F/4L II with 2x III Extender. I also had with me my 1DX-2 body and 1.4x III. So I had a few possible combinations on same subject in same light conditions.

Long story short, any lens combo mounted on the EOS R was rubbish for any inflight shots no matter what I tried. Shooting Dual Pixel RAW and Servo etc doesn't help but I don't shoot JPEG. But any lens combo mounted on the 1DX-2 and at 14fps (my default), inflight shots were successfully tracked and nailed at the usual high percentage.

I have plenty of success on the EOS R with any lens or extender combo when shooting perched birds or more static subjects, but this is NOT a body a photographer can expect good action pictures from - If you nail any it's just luck. But I never expected the R to be a good wildlife body except for slow moving minibeasts anyway and so I'm not unhappy. I am enjoying the EOS R but knew its fps limitations before buying - What I have done is confirm the known limitation.

Possibly others may have more success than I have had when shooting action.

That sounds pretty much as expected indeed. I have a Fuji for general stuff and a 7dII for birds which is great, but it sort of gets difficult when using my f5.6 lens in UK weather. I lust after FF for some wildlife and as I haven't the luxury of a FF with good fps I'm passing the R by and I'm currently saving my hard - earned for the 5DIV. That is unless an amazing R comes out soon which meets my needs at a reasonable price, (though I might even try out the XT3 and see if it is suitable) but I'm not expecting that to happen. I reckon Canon will do some really good stuff in the next few months.

Last edited:
Best check post #2634 ;)

on either body (shock horror) then surely your better off buying a body that gives you class
Leading performance, access to lots of high quality ‘native’ lenses and also allows canon lenses to be adapted when you fancy a reduction in performance?

As I've already said, AF performance is also down to the body, this isn't a 1DX level body. Native R mount apparently isn't up to much with AF-C tracking on this body either. Canon are alluding to a professional level body, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

I would agree wholeheartedly with that Robin. With the focal lengths I have available, it will be predominantly side on panning shots that I take. The shutter speed I use and my skill (or otherwise) will probably have the greatest impact on hit rate. If I had longer lenses and was shooting a car coming straight towards or away from me (I seem to remember that previous Canon cameras always did worse with something moving away), then that might be a better test even if the movement would be predictable.

Simon.
Good to see we can have some actual usage as people get the camera and see some lovely shots with decent colours :whistle:

That sounds pretty much as expected indeed. I have a Fuji for general stuff and a 7dII for birds which is great, but it sort of gets difficult when using my f5.6 lens in UK weather. I lust after FF for some wildlife and as I haven't the luxury of a FF with good fps I'm passing the R by and I'm currently saving my hard - earned for the 5DIV. That is unless an amazing R comes out soon which meets my needs at a reasonable price, (though I might even try out the XT3 and see if it is suitable) but I'm not expecting that to happen. I reckon Canon will do some really good stuff in the next few months.

.... Just to add to the difficult choices, a 7D Mark III is strongly rumoured to be announced sometime next year.

If you want to save some money on a 5D-4 I can wholeheartedly from direct experience recommend HDEW. In fact I bought both my 5D-4 and M5 from them, now gone.

https://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-body-5161-p.asp

Good to see we can have some actual usage as people get the camera and see some lovely shots with decent colours :whistle:

67 pages, 2656 posts and we haven't had a photo yet.

Edit: And yes Robin, before you say it I know you are waiting for Capture one to catch up as you don't want to shoot Jpeg ;)

Last edited:
.... Just to add to the difficult choices, a 7D Mark III is strongly rumoured to be announced sometime next year.

If you want to save some money on a 5D-4 I can wholeheartedly from direct experience recommend HDEW. In fact I bought both my 5D-4 and M5 from them, now gone.

Groan!! Not more choices to be made :D Actually I'm pretty sure I'm after FF so the 5DIV is by far the most likely. HDEW are also on my radar, as I bought my 7DmkII from them. Them and WEX are my "go to" shops though I hear good things about Panamoz and their prices are really low :)

Something very noticeable when I was shooting Collared Doves [Reply #2634] with my EF 100-400mm L II IS + 2x III combo on my EOS R, was that although I had full AF at F/11, the behaviour through the EVF at 800mm was 'wobbly' and as if I had no IS < It caused me to check that my IS was actually switched on and I even tried it on the lens IS setting options. I then immediately checked looking through the lens behaviour by swopping the R for my 1DX-2 and it was stable.

Usually when shooting at 700mm or more I am on a tripod. I have been shooting daily with my R mounted on my EF 500mm + 2x on gimbal on Skimmer on window sill without any problems at all < Mostly perched Goldfinches in my garden and not flying ones.

Groan!! Not more choices to be made :D Actually I'm pretty sure I'm after FF so the 5DIV is by far the most likely. HDEW are also on my radar, as I bought my 7DmkII from them. Them and WEX are my "go to" shops though I hear good things about Panamoz and their prices are really low :)

.... HDEW and WEX are my 'go to' retailers too. Both have excellent customer service both pre and after sales. They offer slightly different things - Each can do what the other can't do. When I find a good supplier for anything, not just camera gear, I don't shop around but prefer to build a good relationship and become an especially valued regular customer. In my opinion, successful business is all about the individual people involved.

Last edited:
For what you describe, wouldn't it be better to get a lens with a wider aperture rather than a FF camera, and keep the benefit of the wider AF spread and the fps of the 7DII!. You could get two stops of light with a f2.8 lens rather than maybe a 1-2 stop gain in ISO performance of a FF sensor over the crop. Get the FF after that and you already have the benefit of the lens to add the performance of the FF sensor to.

Just a thought, I'm sure you have probably thought this all out. ;)

For what you describe, wouldn't it be better to get a lens with a wider aperture rather than a FF camera, and keep the benefit of the wider AF spread and the fps of the 7DII!. You could get two stops of light with a f2.8 lens rather than maybe a 1-2 stop gain in ISO performance of a FF sensor over the crop. Get the FF after that and you already have the benefit of the lens to add the performance of the FF sensor to.

Just a thought, I'm sure you have probably thought this all out. ;)

I would love to get a faster lens but unfortunately, I have a bit of an issue with weight due to arthritic fingers, and the faster lenses are pretty heavy for me to manage. Even the Canon 100-400 mk II was a bit of a pain. I actually did briefly consider the Nikon D500 at one point but chose to stick with the Canon system primarily for the 400mm f5.6 lens which is lightweight and easier for me to manage. I had hopes the R lenses might be somehow lighter but I guess physics and all that....

If the XT3 AF is as good as some suggest, it might be an option with Fuji's 100-400 as I'm pretty sure the XT3 will be quite a bit better than the 7DmkII in the noise department but it seems unlikely the AF will do the trick. Mind you, who knows? :)

Sorry not meaning to hi-jack the thread with all this Fuji talk

Last edited:
.... HDEW and WEX are my 'go to' retailers too. Both have excellent customer service both pre and after sales. They offer slightly different things - Each can do what the other can't do. When I find a good supplier for anything, not just camera gear, I don't shop around but prefer to build a good relationship and become an especially valued regular customer. In my opinion, successful business is all about the individual people involved.

WEX have been great with me every time. I've spent an awful lot of cash through them and, until a couple of years when I will be poor, probably will continue to do so

Depends on your point of view. Those with unstabilised lenses would obviously agree, but long lens shooters would prefer in-lens. Personally, I'd like to see IBIS as it'd make some of the unstabilised primes I want a lot more appealing - and there in a nutshell is why Canon will surely introduce it soon.

Again I agree, like I said I wouldn't want to make the argument as I don't think it leads anywhere, if it's the end result you care about you're not going to worry about what's doing it just how effective it is.

I think Canon might be quite relieved to get away from the 5D Mk1, 2, 3, 4 straight-jacket that predetermines a certain feature set. It's a bit like the movies Jaws 1, 2, 3 etc with a predestined story-line. Nice problem to have tho :)

I do like the idea of the board just deciding to change it on a whim but as much as I dislike some of their approach there's really no arguing with Canon's market share, still curious to see though.

Throughout this thread people have fallen into the trap of thinking what's important to them is important to everyone else. Canon knows what they're doing and every feature, or lack of, is deliberately and carefully considered. I'm sure that if we sat in Canon's board room (overlooking the warehouses full of DSLRs and EF lenses) it'd all make perfect sense. The EOS-R is the first of what will become a long and comprehensive line of cameras appealing to a wide range of users at a wide range of prices. It's just one camera, pitched into the popular upper-middle sector. I don't think it's realistic or meaningful to draw too many conclusions about what Canon is capable of or what we'll see in the (quite near) future. But it's a promising start IMHO.

That seems a bit unfair of a point to make when you were talking about what someone else is going to do in jest and I responded in kind speaking for myself. If there's a big group of people here who buy the R and suddenly realise they need a camera with IBIS and dual slots I wish them and their bank accounts good luck but I don't believe that to be the case as I expect most people here aren't buying blind and can understand if the R does or does not meet their needs.

You say they know exactly what they're doing but I don't understand how that's different for any other company, they make the decisions they think are right or will lead to a certain outcome but that doesn't guarantee anything. It's not representative of Canon but if we take a look at the 6DII sitting at £1k new that doesn't look like everything went according to plan, I think it highlights (in this one case) what Canon wanted wasn't the same thing that their customers wanted and please no one beat me up over this point, I say this with the dual meaning that they normally get it right more so than their competition.
My first DSLR was a Canon, every Canon I've owned was fantastic but despite having nothing but pleasant experiences with them I don't assume they're going to make the right product for me tomorrow no matter how much they know, on reflection that sounds like an argument for judging things on a per product basis rather than brand loyalty.

On the R specifically I have mixed feelings, for the most part I'm positive (its two biggest weaknesses are the things I care least about fortunately), sure I want it to be a better camera but I agree with the view that it meets the design goals Canon set out for it, (in my view specifically) introduce a full frame mirrorless, support existing customers well, take away some of the reasons people might look to other brands and positions them well for introducing the next models.

I think it's a great time for everyone regardless of if you're sticking with a DSLR or not, honestly if I could change just one thing it wouldn't be the cameras, it'd be the lenses.

What surprised me why it took them so long :p

It wasn't my first Rodeo, probably not my last either, though I have slowed up quite a bit

Genuine solid shooter right there, a credit to the Pany threads, his images in particular his landscapes, convinced me to give M43 a good go.

I would love to get a faster lens but unfortunately, I have a bit of an issue with weight due to arthritic fingers, and the faster lenses are pretty heavy for me to manage. Even the Canon 100-400 mk II was a bit of a pain. I actually did briefly consider the Nikon D500 at one point but chose to stick with the Canon system primarily for the 400mm f5.6 lens which is lightweight and easier for me to manage. I had hopes the R lenses might be somehow lighter but I guess physics and all that....

If the XT3 AF is as good as some suggest, it might be an option with Fuji's 100-400 as I'm pretty sure the XT3 will be quite a bit better than the 7DmkII in the noise department but it seems unlikely the AF will do the trick. Mind you, who knows? :)

Sorry not meaning to hi-jack the thread with all this Fuji talk
Thanks for replying. :) I don't think it is hijacking if it follows the discussion, and I did ask the question.;)

There are many different routes to the best(ish, nothing is perfect) combo for an individual depending on their needs, wants and budget, with a load of compromises to consider, hopefully you end up with the best combo for yourself. :)

It wasn't my first Rodeo, probably not my last either, though I have slowed up quite a bit

Genuine solid shooter right there, a credit to the Pany threads, his images in particular his landscapes, convinced me to give M43 a good go.
I found his images wonderful

Edit: And yes Robin, before you say it I know you are waiting for Capture one to catch up as you don't want to shoot Jpeg ;)

I’ve been working to pay for all this fancy camera gear LOL

Best check post #2634 ;)

You’re obviously referring to Sony. My two most used lenses are Canon 100-400 MkII and Canon 500 f4 MkI.

On a A73 neither of those lenses gives anything close to the performance they do on my 1DX2. The further out you go on the AF points the worse it gets. I could buy the Sony and their 100-40 but they don’t do a 500 and even if they did the cost would exclude me even considering it.

A friend has an A73 and has real problems using wide angle Sigma ART lenses on it.

So no advantage, no matter how good the Sony is as a camera. To get the benefits you need to use Sony lenses. Anything else is a compromise.

Robin has said that the R doesn’t seem to work with BIF but, excluding that, the AF performance is as good as using the lenses on his DSLR.

The R is not for me either but that’s because, in my view, I already have 3 cameras that are better than it.

That's a ridiculously good price, especially as i could claim the VAT back.........:eek:

I kind of wish I hadn't seen that......

Last edited:
You’re obviously referring to Sony. My two most used lenses are Canon 100-400 MkII and Canon 500 f4 MkI.

On a A73 neither of those lenses gives anything close to the performance they do on my 1DX2. The further out you go on the AF points the worse it gets. I could buy the Sony and their 100-40 but they don’t do a 500 and even if they did the cost would exclude me even considering it.

A friend has an A73 and has real problems using wide angle Sigma ART lenses on it.

So no advantage, no matter how good the Sony is as a camera. To get the benefits you need to use Sony lenses. Anything else is a compromise.

Robin has said that the R doesn’t seem to work with BIF but, excluding that, the AF performance is as good as using the lenses on his DSLR.

The R is not for me either but that’s because, in my view, I already have 3 cameras that are better than it.
I completely agree but the point of my post wasn’t that adapted lens af was better one Sony just that it’s no good either on canon.

In all honesty what is a photo going to tell us? It has the 5d mk4 sensor and by placing a decent lens in front of it in the right hands it will take a bloody good photo. In the wrong hands a bad photo. Like any other camera since the box brownie.

I completely agree but the point of my post wasn’t that adapted lens af was better one Sony just that it’s no good either on canon.

That's still wrong though. On the Canon with EF lenses you still get all functionality as expected with no degraded performance from what is expected on DSLR, the camera though is struggling with AF tracking performance (it could be the adaptor, but there is no reason Canon don;t have it working like Sony did with their official adaptors). On the Sony you have to use third party adaptors (which both work differently with different lenses) and you still get restricted performance even when not shooting with tracking. Canon works better with adapted Canon lenses than the Sony, they are not the same...

That's still wrong though. On the Canon with EF lenses you still get all functionality as expected with no degraded performance from what is expected on DSLR, the camera though is struggling with AF tracking performance (it could be the adaptor, but there is no reason Canon don;t have it working like Sony did with their official adaptors). On the Sony you have to use third party adaptors (which both work differently with different lenses) and you still get restricted performance even when not shooting with tracking. Canon works better with adapted Canon lenses than the Sony, they are not the same...
I’m only playing Devils advocate but is the canon adapted af so much better that it makes up the significant differences in spec between the Sony and Canon?

I’m still going to say that ‘overall’ and as a package a typical user is better off adapting canon lenses onto a Sony body.

I suppose it’s nice to have the choice either way!

Last edited:
I’m only playing Devils advocate but is the canon adapted af so much better that it makes up the significant differences in spec between the Sony and Canon?

They're not like for like, an adapted lens on Sony can perform extremely well (mainly the newer designs with faster AF performance) and almost be the same as native but the majority are not going to be 100%, I can't speak for others but inconsistent performance can be very annoying/distracting. It depends on what you're doing of course but in general I would recommend anyone who wants to use Canon lenses stick to Canon bodies unless we're talking about just one lens you don't use most of the time or MF.

If the R doesn't do what you want there's no harm in waiting to see what other models Canon will bring out, the lay of the land will be much clearer in probably less than a year.

I’m still going to say that ‘overall’ and as a package a typical user is better off adapting canon lenses onto a Sony body.

They definitely have the better package overall if you're just looking at mirrorless but that goes hand in hand with having four models covering a wide range of needs but I don't see that in itself as a great argument for switching, taking myself as an example if I'd kept most of my old lenses when switching it would have been a mistake, the real benefit wasn't from the new camera but rather the lenses as they were a good step up from what I was using.

If you want dual cards really badly then the Sony would be better, and IBIS obviously. Although if you already have Canon lenses you'll likely have IS lenses anyway?

In all honesty what is a photo going to tell us? It has the 5d mk4 sensor and by placing a decent lens in front of it in the right hands it will take a bloody good photo. In the wrong hands a bad photo. Like any other camera since the box brownie.

.... Exactly!

If you want dual cards really badly then the Sony would be better, and IBIS obviously. Although if you already have Canon lenses you'll likely have IS lenses anyway?
Yes dual cards and ibis are an advantage but there’s plenty more advantages you can add to those

Better DR
Better iso
More FPS
Eye af
Actual 4K video rather than the cruel joke that is canons m 4/3rds 4K video!
Will mount just about any lens ever invented

Whether all the above outweighs a minor difference in adapted af is up to the user’

Yes dual cards and ibis are an advantage but there’s plenty more advantages you can add to those

Better DR
Better iso
More FPS
Eye af
Actual 4K video rather than the cruel joke that is canons m 4/3rds 4K video!
Will mount just about any lens ever invented

Whether all the above outweighs a minor difference in adapted af is up to the user’

You keep seemingly choose to forget that I am a user with a Sony camera using adapted lenses, and it isn't good enough. If I stick with Sony it will be with native lenses and not adapted. None of what you say matters when you can't get the shot in the first place.

Last edited:
After today I think I have arrived at a conclusion about what this first generation EOS R does and doesn't do for my photography.

I spent the whole of today wandering around coastal wetlands in Dorset armed with my R + RF 24-105mm and 1DX-2 + EF 500mm plus both 1.4x and 2x Extenders and my Gitzo travel tripod with Flexline Pro head. I started off with the R on the 500mm but soon decided that the 1DX-2 + 500mm was going to be a much more reliable combo to cover all the usual aspects of wildlife action after missing focus on some inflight opportunities. The R is simply too small and lightweight to balance a 500mm prime when handheld and, as already known, badly lacks fps burst rate. Its image quality looks as if it's going to be stellar though when processed - Exposures and colours are top notch.

EOS%20R_1124.jpg

However, the R + RF 24-105mm combo got me a lovely misty landscape picture en route in the early morning and later also some very good dragonfly photos from about 1.5ft away. When I go out with my EF 100mm Macro mounted on the R, it's going to fulfil the reasons I bought the R for - Everything else has been an exploration to see what the EOS R can additionally offer me.

But this is not a problem and it is not a failure. Just as the EOS R for my second body needs is a major advance over the M5, a future EOS R model may be a further advance. But the 1DX-2 is still king!

Horses-for-Courses.

Last edited:
You keep seemingly choose to forget that I am a user with a Sony camera using adapted lenses, and it isn't good enough. If I stick with Sony it will be with native lenses and not adapted. None of what you say matters when you can't get the shot in the first place.
I haven’t forgotten that at all. I know it’s not good enough but neither is the canon, even if the canons a bit better it’s still not good enough.

Back