Canon Remote Control

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Hi All

I was just about to buy a Canon RC6 remote for my 60D and then thought I best ask you guys if the RC6 is worth its money as it can only trigger my camera from the front and its range is poor due to IR!

Would you guys recommend any others?

Jimbo

As ever I would recommend the Hahnel Giga Pro wireless remote, considerably dearer, but loads of settings plus works through walls at up to 100 metres (only tested mine at about 30 though)

crazychimpjimbo said:
Hi All

I was just about to buy a Canon RC6 remote for my 60D and then thought I best ask you guys if the RC6 is worth its money as it can only trigger my camera from the front and its range is poor due to IR!

Would you guys recommend any others?

Jimbo

How far away are you wanting to fire the shutter ?

Thanks for the quick replies as always!!

Ill be shooting at the side of the camera about 10 meters away for one shoot I have lined up!

Just looking at that remote on amazon and it dawned on me that my shot im doing soon requires the flash on the camera, so need one the horseshoe!

so back to that pixel pro I think! Might just have to take a gamble!

I've got RF602's mainly for use as wireless flash triggers over distance, but they double up as remote shutter triggers as well with the appropriate cable.

I've got RF602's mainly for use as wireless flash triggers over distance, but they double up as remote shutter triggers as well with the appropriate cable.

+1

Have a yongnuo flash so know there equipment aint bad! Plus loving the price of the RF602's!! Notice they even do combo kits for around £60!!

Good spot!

As ever I would recommend the Hahnel Giga Pro wireless remote, considerably dearer, but loads of settings plus works through walls at up to 100 metres (only tested mine at about 30 though)

:agree:
And i might be selling mine soon (y)

Ended up going with a Yongnuo RF-603, same price as the 602's pretty much but they all use AAA batteries, makes sense as I have loads of them! haha! Once I've recieved and played I'll write a little review!! :D

Back