Cargo 2016 52 weeks challenge_ Effort Added

Hi Gaz

Living world: Good shot, nice and sharp and the B&W works well - wouldn't have occurred to me to try that on a flower

Spiky: I was going to make a joke about this being you in another wig until I realised it was (sort of). I really like this, the silhouette's very effective and there's a slightly comic element to .

Hi Gaz

Living world: Good shot, nice and sharp and the B&W works well - wouldn't have occurred to me to try that on a flower

Spiky: I was going to make a joke about this being you in another wig until I realised it was (sort of). I really like this, the silhouette's very effective and there's a slightly comic element to .
Hi Nick. I think i'm developing a thing for wigs :-( Thanks for stopping by your comments are very much appreciated.

Gaz

See, I disagree with everyone who said tidy it up and remove the wires etc. To me this image wouldn't look right without the urban setting.

Great fun, it made me smile. I used to have hair like this a long time ago!

See, I disagree with everyone who said tidy it up and remove the wires etc. To me this image wouldn't look right without the urban setting.

Great fun, it made me smile. I used to have hair like this a long time ago!
Ace Jeff ! Thank you. Can we see a picture of you with hair like this ;-)

Gaz

Love that image Gary, silhouette is a perfect choice, liking the colours in the background too, and looks like a natural snap shot for me even with the wires... and believe me they look pretty good spikes, I had similar years ago and did manage to get them that smooth, although not on that shape head (Some spikes close together) :D - but all in all a great fun shot (y)

Hi Gary, you've a couple of great shots there. Living world is wonderful - it really screams how odd nature can look, close-up. Square crop is perfect and position within the frame is bang on for me - just enough surrounding for context. If I were being ultra critical (which we should be when your images are so good), a tiny bit more contrasty lighting inside the flower would be great - it's hard to pick out the detail on the stamen (?) which aren't covered in pollen. A great image nevertheless and looks almost IR with the processing - top job :)

Spiky is great and would be perfect if only it weren't for that annoying power line or two! Top job otherwise and a great idea and fun interpretation... (y)

Hi Gary, you've a couple of great shots there. Living world is wonderful - it really screams how odd nature can look, close-up. Square crop is perfect and position within the frame is bang on for me - just enough surrounding for context. If I were being ultra critical (which we should be when your images are so good), a tiny bit more contrasty lighting inside the flower would be great - it's hard to pick out the detail on the stamen (?) which aren't covered in pollen. A great image nevertheless and looks almost IR with the processing - top job :)

Spiky is great and would be perfect if only it weren't for that annoying power line or two! Top job otherwise and a great idea and fun interpretation... (y)
Thanks Paul. Thats great feedback. There most likely isnt any detail in that area :-( I will have a look to see.
Thanks again.

Gaz

Wow, I love your spiky picture. Really nice silhouette and I like how you've got your mouth open so the teeth look kind of like a mini inverse of the hair.

You had a curly perm last time. :runaway:

This is a laugh. But best remove that wire. :clap:

Wow, I love your spiky picture. Really nice silhouette and I like how you've got your mouth open so the teeth look kind of like a mini inverse of the hair.
Thank you Sheylara. My My you have got a vivid imagination :)
You had a curly perm last time. :runaway:

This is a laugh. But best remove that wire. :clap:
Awwww thats nice you remembered my hair ;-) Yep that damn wire. I give in and remove them :)

Gaz

Last edited:
spiky_wires_gone_web.jpg

Gaz

Living world - lovely image the contrast and lighting are great !

Spiky - wowzers ! what a spiky silhouette - creative and wonderfully taken
Thanks Jon

Gaz

Last edited:
Artificial.
Thought best not to subject you all to a toothless selfie allthough the Happy selfie would take some beating for damn right daftness.

IMG_8177_artificial_web.jpg

Gaz

Haha - brilliant take on artificial! I love the back story of the clock and the angle is great. I can't believe I didn't comment on spiky, either. I love this shot - the sharpness of the spikes, the angle of your head so the teeth are shown so perfectly. It's such a fantastic shot it was worth the cloning of the overhead lines IMO - one of my favourites of the 52 so far I think :)

Ewww.....

Brilliant idea and most defiantly artificial great angle I agree with plm1 about the sleeve

Good subject for the theme and well captured, not sure about the angle it looks to me like the glass is sliding off the table

:LOL: Excellent :D

The added clock sums it up nicely IMO Gary (y)

Excellent idea!
Thanks Clive.
That's gross, excellent :LOL:
Yep sure is ! Thanks for stopping by.
Nicely done, Gaz. Addition of the clock give a bit of back story and my only crit at all would be the bit of sleeve you have in the top left of shot. Otherwise, the angle, exposure, DOF etc. are all absolutely spot on for me (y)
Hi Paul. Yes I couldnt decide wether to leave it in or not. My thoughts for leaving it in were in may have apeared more real for example I am maybe lower than the glass (bed) and reaching up over and into it. I did try a crop on this which removed the sleeve and brought the glass more to the fore. It did have more impact but to me lost some of the story.
Haha - brilliant take on artificial! I love the back story of the clock and the angle is great. I can't believe I didn't comment on spiky, either. I love this shot - the sharpness of the spikes, the angle of your head so the teeth are shown so perfectly. It's such a fantastic shot it was worth the cloning of the overhead lines IMO - one of my favourites of the 52 so far I think :)
Thanks Emma thats great feedback. Thanks.

Ewww.....

Brilliant idea and most defiantly artificial great angle I agree with plm1 about the sleeve
Thanks Mark.
Good subject for the theme and well captured, not sure about the angle it looks to me like the glass is sliding off the table
Thanks Chris. Yes I too think the angle is a bit to steep. I obviously wanted it angled but I got carried away when taking the image. I did this photo with camera in the other hand and stretched as far back as poss as the 50mm was at it's minimum focusing distance.
:LOL: Excellent :D

The added clock sums it up nicely IMO Gary (y)
Cheers. Yes without the clock it would be naffer.

Gaz

Artificial, excellent take for the theme, liking the inclusion of the alarm clock adds a lot to the image

Great for the theme....I wondered if some of these might pop up :)

Love this one I've only just seen it ....a super fun shot for the theme ....I like the composition with the clock ....definitely time to put your teeth in :)
Definitely time :)

Thanks Susie.

Gaz

Personal. Totaly did not have a clue with this one and had to look the definition up as I kept coming up with ideas that didnt really mean personal, surly that was not just me :-(
Anyways at 12.30 this morning I just had to take something before going to bed otherwise I would have dropped out having missed a week.

Gaz

Personal_weeks_52_web.jpg

Last edited:
Back