Cargo 2016 52 weeks challenge_ Effort Added

Gary. loving your Happy image, funny, perfectly focused and nice hair, not as nice as my blue hair though, haha

Abandoned, is also good, sad in many ways.
Ha haaa ! I wondered if that was actually your good self ! Nice to meet ya m8ty ;-)

"Mad as a box of frogs too"

Gaz

Great composition Gary with the figure walking away in the distance. Such pathos ... a picture that tells a story .... brings a tear to the eye (sniff)

Very well done for Abandoned. I agree with the above comments, the person walking away really makes the image. Great work :)

Hi Gary.
Abandoned is a brilliant shot. It really sells abandoned well. Top Marks :clap:
Thanks Tim.
Great composition Gary with the figure walking away in the distance. Such pathos ... a picture that tells a story .... brings a tear to the eye (sniff)
There there Carl. He was not left all alone I was there too:) Thanks for stopping by !!
Very well done for Abandoned. I agree with the above comments, the person walking away really makes the image. Great work :)
Cheers Rob.

Gaz

Happy is a bit erm scary, but, as others have already said it's a brave selfie and really well composed and lit :clap:

Poor teddy, abandoned and lonely ;) Yes it could be seen as an obvious interpretation but it is so well executed it lifts it out of the ordinary. Well done Gary (y)

Great attention to detail in abandoned - it's a a really memorable shot.
Thats very kind Emma. Thank you.
Happy is a bit erm scary, but, as others have already said it's a brave selfie and really well composed and lit :clap:

Poor teddy, abandoned and lonely ;) Yes it could be seen as an obvious interpretation but it is so well executed it lifts it out of the ordinary. Well done Gary (y)
Hi Madam. Agree it was quite an obvious choice really and to be honest I was not that pleased with it but it seems to have been well recieved.
Happy - slightly disturbing but good fun, nicely lit.

Abandoned - Good timing to get the person walking away, really adds to the story of the shot.
Hi Steve. It's much easier to post such silly images of oneself when you don't know anyone on here in the real world.
Thanks for the feedback.

Gaz

Abandoned works a treat - mainly because of the super detail that is the person walking away down the street.

Abandoned works a treat - mainly because of the super detail that is the person walking away down the street.
Hi there, thanks Phil

Happy - lovely fun (if also somewhat scary :p) image - made me smile after the initial shock :D

Abandoned - you can feel the torment the poor bear is feeling - great shot !
Ha ! Yes it's still keeping me awake at night that one :) Re teddy "You big softie " :)

Gaz

Great 'happy' selfie and your 'abandoned' is lovely and very well composed.

Happy - Aww such a happy selfie. :) Nice "wig" lol, suits the image!

Abandoned - Ah, you've captured perfectly how pets feel when their owners go out and leave them at home. ;)

Happy - Aww such a happy selfie. :) Nice "wig" lol, suits the image!

Abandoned - Ah, you've captured perfectly how pets feel when their owners go out and leave them at home. ;)
Many thanks for leaving some feedback.
Abandoned - perfect composition for the theme, nothing more I can add it's all been said.
Thanks Mandy.

Gaz

Been a bit busy this week so have not had that much chance to look in and comment on your uploads. I'm pretty sure when I go and comment in a short while I will find many like this one so apologies for that.
Anyways here is my attempt at camouflage.

Gaz

Camo_web.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea Gary
works well (y)

Well done, took me a moment to see what was camouflaged
Ha ha ha - good one, neat idea Gary. Well camouflaged. :)
Camouflage - great idea and execution! Took me a few seconds to see, so I'd class that as perfectly camouflaged! :)
Took me a while to see it... Great idea

I also love your selfie for happy :D
Many thanks. In my head I had hoped it would work work in the way you guys/gals are saying. In reality things normaly don't :)
Great idea Gary
works well (y)
Many thanks.

Gaz

Brilliant camouflage! What a clever idea to make it B&W to make something so very different look so similar. :p

Hi Gaz - camouflage is a really good image. Composition is very strong, technicals are all spot on for me (including lighting) and the processing is simple but effective. Best of all, you have to look twice to get it (at least I did) and then it puts a big smile on your face! Fab...

It turned out to be very original Gary ....an excellent idea for the topic ....and very well executed too :clap:
Thanks Susie. I was surprised there were not more like this.As it was the only idea that came into my mind.
Brilliant camouflage! What a clever idea to make it B&W to make something so very different look so similar. :p
Many thanks. Yes black and white helped here.After all it was the texture that was the inspiration really.
Hi Gaz - camouflage is a really good image. Composition is very strong, technicals are all spot on for me (including lighting) and the processing is simple but effective. Best of all, you have to look twice to get it (at least I did) and then it puts a big smile on your face! Fab...
Cheers for that Paul. Great that you looked twice as I think that was the idea really.If you couldnt tell what was there at all then I think that would have been to camouflaged and more "hidden" I guess.

Gaz

Camouflage...now that's a good one.
I looked at it....moved on...then went back....a couple of time, before spotting the fingers.
Well done!

Camouflage...now that's a good one.
I looked at it....moved on...then went back....a couple of time, before spotting the fingers.
Well done!
Result :) Thanks Ruth.
Love your camouflage - as others have said it took a while to see your hand. the textures are great :)
Cheers Emma :)

I was surprised there were not more like this.As it was the only idea that came into my mind.

Hold on. You're surprised that, upon hearing the theme was Camouflage, more people didn't look at their fingers and think "Aha! with the right composition and processing these would look remarkably similar to turnips"?

I'm not surprised but maybe I should be because they do, especially in this very well-taken photo.

Hold on. You're surprised that, upon hearing the theme was Camouflage, more people didn't look at their fingers and think "Aha! with the right composition and processing these would look remarkably similar to turnips"?

I'm not surprised but maybe I should be because they do, especially in this very well-taken photo.
:) Funny like that first thing in the morning ! Thats a great thing to say. I guess the first thought that comes to mind on these themes is the one everyone comes up with. My first thought this week may not be any good. I just have to take the image.

Gaz

It took me a loooooooooooooong moment to work it out. I suppose this emphasises what you can miss with some B&W photography. Nice one.

It took me a loooooooooooooong moment to work it out. I suppose this emphasises what you can miss with some B&W photography. Nice one.
Thanks David.
It's strange really, being as I took this image they standout well to me so it is great to hear that they blend in so well to others veiwing th eimage for the first time. I don't take many B&W photos as a rule but this photo wouldnt have worked in colour.
Camouflage - well I was indeed scratching my head, trying to work out what was hidden in the image.
:) You got there in the end though !

Back