catclick's 52 week challenge 2021 - Done & Dusted

Another great shot of this building - a popular location? How often does the light colour change? Love the perfect reflection.
Impossible to fault that from me.

Great colours and composition.
You wait all year for one Falkirk wheel to come along, and like London buses, you get a bunch together.
Interesting to see it illuminated in blue as opposed to Joan's orange.
Are the lights set to rotate through a number of colours?
Joan, Stuart and I were on a camera club outing on the same evening. The visit was arranged in advance and they changed the colours every 5 mins for us. Initially it was constantly changing, but on long exposures, the outcome would be white, so they changed the timing for us. I think it normally rotates constantly, however, on special events, it is a set colour. I'm not 100% sure if they are on every night.

Last edited:
Like the frame effect.

I think that is lovely - well done!
Lovely shot - very serene. A beautiful idea for free lensing too.
Great shot, could see that hanging on a wall - well executed!
Good take on the free lensing option and a lovely irregular sky :)
Lovely image Catherine.
Beautiful picture :)
Thank you! Taken on a break to Prestwick last week :) I had to focus stack it to get sky and lensball in focus.

I have one of those glass balls but never really know what to do with it, you have used it well there (y)

Haha, that's a great composite, really creative use of software, looks good in mono too, although maybe could be a bit darker(a large vignette maybe, leaving the 'person' lighter in the centre - just my opinion?)

Haha, that's a great composite, really creative use of software, looks good in mono too, although maybe could be a bit darker(a large vignette maybe, leaving the 'person' lighter in the centre - just my opinion?)
Thanks. I actually did do that but didn't want to push it too far. Will revisit it. I also added a mist layer but removed it from the closest wall.

Clever stuff :)

Halloween, lol very creative :)

Also prefer the redo - it adds a bit more atmosphere in my opinion. Gave me a smile this evening too!

Ha, ha! Very funny. I got it immediately, without needing to read your explanation.

Personally, I think it depends on the shear strength of the jam and cream. By looks alone, the one on the right is correct for me.

Nice pic.

It's just a posh jam butty - and you wouldn't put jam underneath the butter on a butty!

I live in Cornwall and while I'm not Cornish I do agree with their sentiment in that jam always goes on before cream. It is just logical, you can easily spread cream over a layer of jam but if you try to spread jam over layer of cream it would just go everywhere.

Ha, ha! Very funny. I got it immediately, without needing to read your explanation.

Personally, I think it depends on the shear strength of the jam and cream. By looks alone, the one on the right is correct for me.
Nice pic.

It's just a posh jam butty - and you wouldn't put jam underneath the butter on a butty!
I live in Cornwall and while I'm not Cornish I do agree with their sentiment in that jam always goes on before cream. It is just logical, you can easily spread cream over a layer of jam but if you try to spread jam over layer of cream it would just go everywhere.
Ha ha! Good idea :) Nicely captured and looks yummy.
I personally prefer jam first but purely because of being able to spread the jam more easily. The reality of the situation is, as long as they are both on there, it is going to get more mixed up where it it going. And all in the name of research, I had to eat both after taking the shot - they tasted the same!

Last edited:
Back