weekly CatClick's 52 week challenge - 2022

Great Grebes! The classic shot!

Gotta love a grebe. Fabulous shot, well captured.
That's a great shot with lovely colours and reflections.
Great Grebes! The classic shot!

They are earlier this year, about a month later last year. I'm pretty new to wildlife, lockdown was responsible for me giving it a go, so I've only got last year to compare it to, perhaps they were late last year? Just after sunrise.

That's very cool Catherine. Never heard of the weed dance before. I'll have to have a look and see if there is a video on YouTube.

That's very cool Catherine. Never heard of the weed dance before. I'll have to have a look and see if there is a video on YouTube.
A cool capture, animals can have funny ways.
That's a fabulous shot. Love the colours you've captured.
Loving the colours and reflections, the lights great and really adds to the shot
Thank you. They are very cool birds and when the chicks come along, they piggy back on the parents backs. It was a real privilege to follow their progress last year and great it has started again this year. A few more early starts to continue following their progress.

And a handsome fellow he is. Nice capture Catherine. I sometimes leave peanuts in the shell out on our fence just for the crows (and the odd Stellar Jay).

Crows can often look so dull. The light here is shining on the feathers beautifully To show their sheen.

Lovely shot - and people think they're black :)

Nice take on the theme Catherine.
I like the way you have angled the keyboard.

I think that you should get double tech points Catherine!

Love the picture of the crow.

Stunning shots. It's a location that's on my list sometime soon.
Discarded is very atmospheric and Flora has a wonderful sky and colour.

That's a beauty!

Very dramatic scene ... love the brooding clouds and hills through the marram grass

Discarded - A good choice I think but I'm thinking that it could use some TLC in Lightroom (or the software of you choice),,,just my opinion.
Flora - A wonderful shot, love the contrast between the sunlit grass and the brooding skies

Definitely unusual Catherine, I wonder how many years it took to build up all that wax.

That really is odd isn't it.
Interesting the way that the brickwork, with the smoke stains, shows the growth of the candle over time (at least it looks to me as though it has slowly gotten higher).

I presume that every time a candle burns down they just melt a bit of wax and plonk the new one on top and they must have been doing that for years looking at the black mark on the wall (as others have said). It is certainly unusual. Where is it?

Back