weekly CatClick's 52 week challenge - 2022

That puffin is superb Catherine. I've just come back from a trip to Skomer where I took zillions of shots of puffins, but none close to this (using a bridge camera with a 2/3" sensor probably didn't help, although I did get some decent shots of them on the floor!
They are fast, it's not easy.

Week 26 - Half

I've just realised I didn't post my pic from last week. Had to wait until the final day to get this as the moon was hadn't reached half moon and weather forecast only allowed a daylight shot.
Week 26 Half.JPG

Reactions: Nod
Really good images Catherine. The moonshot is wonderful and the patina on the post (along with the unpronounceable names) is great.

Nice shot - I think I;d correct that white balance.

Ok. What would you suggest? I did use an ND filter and warmed it up a bit after as the filter gives a slightly blue cast. Warmer still? I'm always scared to go too far. I do lack in post processing skills, so any advice appreciated. Edit - I've just gone back to the original RAW file and it is much warmer. When I export it to the low resolution it loses it depth of colour, is that normal to lose as much as that? I've really pushed the warmth in the one below and it looks silly but when I export it, it again has lost the warmth.
2022-07-15 092-2.JPG

Last edited:
Ok. What would you suggest? I did use an ND filter and warmed it up a bit after as the filter gives a slightly blue cast. Warmer still? I'm always scared to go too far. I do lack in post processing skills, so any advice appreciated. Edit - I've just gone back to the original RAW file and it is much warmer. When I export it to the low resolution it loses it depth of colour, is that normal to lose as much as that? I've really pushed the warmth in the one below and it looks silly but when I export it, it again has lost the warmth.
View attachment 360758
I’d just selectively warm up the blueish water with an adjustment brush in Lightroom.

Difficult choice, really. "White" water in shade picks up the colour from the sky so can look blue, especially when there's some that's sunlit as well. Personally, I'd leave it as is (but then again, I'm not a fan of PP anyway!)

Post.. some nice textures on the sign. Fits the bill perfectly
Water... the shutter speed is perfect to capture some movement but not white it out completely. Nice one.

Your chosen shot grabs my attention and the shutter speed is spot on.
Dappled light a great bonus.
Well chosen location.

Both good Catherine, but the penny farthing is the more unusual (and therefore for me) the better one. Loving the illegal parking!

Very creative Catherine, Fits the theme well. I confess that I had to look up what "stoor" meant.

Both shots fit the bill nicely. I like the angle you've chosen on the internal shot.

Back