weekly Clives TP 52 2017 Week 51 Festive

I had to do a double take of your rustic image and go back through my photos. I thought for a minute it was the Swiss Cottage at Osborne House...
171025152215-PA250068.jpg
They even mentioned rustic in the description, so definitely on theme.

I like the point of view you've chosen for Juicy and the depth of field. It's a shame there's a bit of shadow in the foreground, but I don't suppose you could do anything about that.

Best of luck Clive getting your 52 completed.

Wow, that's some catch-up week Clive...

Bent - It does certainly have a bend and I'm not sure that the builders had a Plumb line either. An interesting essay on the old and new in such an historic place. Also an interesting counterpoint of the graffiti with the washing.
Symmetrical - I'm not going to argue with it based on my image for Symmetrical ;) Colours look good .
Height - FlightRadar24 would have given you the flight info and height. Nicely controlled image. Such a big expanse of blue could easily exhibit noise (I know my old 7D would be horrendous unless 'just' right).
Festive - I prefer the colours in #1, but #2 is in sharper focus. Is #1 taken from a moving vehicle of some kind? it almost seems to have motion blur.
Clean - I'm sensing a theme running through your catch-up Clive. It must be costing a fortune to keep flying out to Croatia and back between each shot ;) As street goes, it would be more engaging if we could see his face, but you've caught the women with the brolly's face.
Weather - More street, which is cool. You need to have a look at the verticals, you have a list to the left with the building at the back being quite pronounced (unless of course it really does slope like that). Anyway, it does certainly portray a wet day.
Worn - This was one of the blue sky days of which you spake. I absolutely love what you've captured here. :clap: It has such an evocative feel. Wonderful.
Remote - Interesting info on the church. I'm afraid it doesn't scream 'remote' at me though.
Juicy - Taken on another of those sunny days :) Nicely spotted captured. A fair bit of effort must have been put into presenting the oranges like that.
Rustic - It's interesting that the iamge of the house on the info board has a more rustikalnoj appearance than the house itself. Perhaps because of tidier appearance of the trees / bushes around it. However, nice sharp capture and good use of the trees to frame the shot :)

Nearly done :)

A couple of interesting isolated building there ...Remote & Rustic ... but was it not possible to capture them off centre of the frame? if you know what I mean.

Good work (y) ... liking Weather after another look, people with brollies, no feet chopped off. :exit:

Hi Clive,

I should have waited a bit shouldn't I ;)
So...
Build - Not knowing the area, would it have been possible to have taken the shot from further back, or more centrally?
Distance helps minimize the convergence and being off centre does make the spires look different.
Nicely lit though and I like the added interest of the boarding you mention.

(a)Broad - What was your light source? It seems a good example of how light falls off quickly, capturing yourself well in the light and allowing the background to be in deep shadow.

Congrats on getting to the end of the 52. Croatia seems to have inspired you :)

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - I too was wondering if you had taken a quick trip to the Isle of Wight. Like the sparkle of raindrops still on the needles of the trees, that with the reflections on the paving let you know the sun has just come out.

Wk 51 - Festive - Preferring #2 for colours but #1 for the composition.

Wk 52 - Weather - Says weather to me.

Back