weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2020. Week 52 Decorate

Lovely texture in the carved stone. Not many would have the patience to produce something so beautiful these days.

Hi Pete

There are so many hours of workmanship in the carvings, which you have captured in your Image.

Pete

HI long time since I visited so have had a look back.
your Transport shot made me think of Mater from Cars. There are some great close ups I particularly like your time shot, your small needle and the tiny poppy seeds.
some Beautiful flora shots too especially graceful, the poppy bud against the black background and the purple flowers with water droplets.
Your hidden Chihuahua is cute and it works well in B/W.

Lots of details and texture in the carving. Amazing craftsmanship in those bygone years with basic tools.
Amazing skills back then Stan.

I really like these old carvings, well spotted and taken Pete (y)
Cheers Chris.

:clap:Nice one Pete
Thanks Dave.

That's an great shot for texture - amazing to think that those textures have survived for ~600 years! Whenever I see something like this, I can't help but wonder how much stuff we are producing now will last that long.

I really like your camo shot as well - very nicely cropped.
Thanks Alex. Yes that 600 years of folks running their hands down them to feel the texture.

Lots of nice texture. Does the hand bottom left belong to the angel/cherub top right?
Yes Tim, the bottom hand is one of the cherub's.

Great carvings made to last, lovely detailed image.
Cheers Dave.

Nice texture on an interesting carving.
Cheers Phil.

I'm catching up a bit at the moment:

Tiny - very clever image, nicely lit and well composed
Snappers Choice - makes you stop and think, could we use buried cables rather than pylons? Nice image
Textures - very nicely lit, great colour warmth and right on theme
Thanks for all the comments Jim. Much appreciated.

Choice
I like that, I might be tempted to crop a bit off of the bottom, just up to the dark bit of grass.

Texture
Great detail and lots of textures.
Thanks Dominic. I think you may be right about the crop.

Interesting subject and good texture. It must have taken a long time for that carving!
Thanks Graham. The craftsmanship really is wonderful.

Nice textures on the carvings, where are they?

Sorry for slow reply Clive. They're in St Michaels church, Buslingthorpe, Lincolnshire.

Lovely texture in the carved stone. Not many would have the patience to produce something so beautiful these days.
That's so true Helen.

Hi Pete

There are so many hours of workmanship in the carvings, which you have captured in your Image.

Pete
Thanks Pete. The quality of work like this from hundreds of years ago never ceases to amaze.

HI long time since I visited so have had a look back.
your Transport shot made me think of Mater from Cars. There are some great close ups I particularly like your time shot, your small needle and the tiny poppy seeds.
some Beautiful flora shots too especially graceful, the poppy bud against the black background and the purple flowers with water droplets.
Your hidden Chihuahua is cute and it works well in B/W.
Thanks for all the above comments. They are much appreciated.

Nice catch up Pete.
Both fit well for the themes.

Activity
Nice and simple, with good dof.

Artificial
Good arrangement of the poppies.

Nice leaves on the turn for autumn and a good splash of red from the Mail van,
wet looks a very dull day again good use of the light from the bridal shop which adds to the photo.

Nice autumn pic - and a splash of red too :)

Nice light on the soggy shop!

Autumn - lovely colours and really does shout the season, nice job.
Wet - a typical wet autumn/winter scene, nicely done and the way the light in the window is exposed give a good warmth to the image.

Nice Autumnal tree with a nice flash of red mail van.
Wet is a nice shot, but more light reflections in the wet road might of worked better..maybe and if possible.

Really like the autumn shot. The red van makes it so different to all the other shots.

Nice reflections in the wet road on your 'wet' shot, and all squared up beautifully.

Hi Pete

Autumn, great take on the theme, the red on the PO van adds a nice contrasting colour to the scene.
Wet, a good idea, nice reflections but could do with more.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Activity - Nice use of DoF.
Artificial - Does what it says on the tin. Interesting the two shades of the wood. Presumably made up of two pieces?
Autumn - I'm guessing the PO lorry is included for the spray? Doesn't really work for me due to the blur, sorry.
Wet - Holmes & Co - sound more like a firm of solicitors, or conveyancers than a bridal centre.
I may have had a go at cloning out the fire alarm and parking sign (and maybe the hanging sign too) as they aren't adding anything to the shot.

Nice catch up. I like the autumnal colours and composition. The shop is interesting with the contrast of the warm looking interior with the wet outside - as others have said some more of the reflection on the wet road would have been a good addition.

Activity - lovely chess pieces, and nicely composed with the shallow DoF working nicely.

The splashes of colour from your artificial poppies really stand out.

First wet for me - as you say, something slightly different, and the motion blur in the truck almost makes me be able to hear the wet tires on the tarmac. Definitely effective in my book!

Nice leaves on the turn for autumn and a good splash of red from the Mail van,
wet looks a very dull day again good use of the light from the bridal shop which adds to the photo.
Thanks Allan

Nice autumn pic - and a splash of red too :)

Nice light on the soggy shop!
Cheers Dave. Much appreciated.

Autumn - lovely colours and really does shout the season, nice job.
Wet - a typical wet autumn/winter scene, nicely done and the way the light in the window is exposed give a good warmth to the image.
Thanks Jim.

Nice Autumnal tree with a nice flash of red mail van.
Wet is a nice shot, but more light reflections in the wet road might of worked better..maybe and if possible.
Cheers Clive. Sadly there weren't any other reflections on the road.

Really like the autumn shot. The red van makes it so different to all the other shots.

Nice reflections in the wet road on your 'wet' shot, and all squared up beautifully.
Thanks BeBop
Hi Pete

Autumn, great take on the theme, the red on the PO van adds a nice contrasting colour to the scene.
Wet, a good idea, nice reflections but could do with more.

Pete
Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,

Activity - Nice use of DoF.
Artificial - Does what it says on the tin. Interesting the two shades of the wood. Presumably made up of two pieces?
Autumn - I'm guessing the PO lorry is included for the spray? Doesn't really work for me due to the blur, sorry.
Wet - Holmes & Co - sound more like a firm of solicitors, or conveyancers than a bridal centre.
I may have had a go at cloning out the fire alarm and parking sign (and maybe the hanging sign too) as they aren't adding anything to the shot.
Thanks Tim. I think the memorial must be made of two pieces, the lighting was quite even, so it's not that.
I got a bit desperate to catch up and post so I may have missed out the cloning

Nice catch up. I like the autumnal colours and composition. The shop is interesting with the contrast of the warm looking interior with the wet outside - as others have said some more of the reflection on the wet road would have been a good addition.
Cheers Phil. Thanks for your comments.

Activity - lovely chess pieces, and nicely composed with the shallow DoF working nicely.

The splashes of colour from your artificial poppies really stand out.

First wet for me - as you say, something slightly different, and the motion blur in the truck almost makes me be able to hear the wet tires on the tarmac. Definitely effective in my book!
Thanks Alex

They certainly stand out against the black railings, interesting memorial too.

Topical
I hate to say it, but I think this might look good as a colour pop.
It's a good composition, the railings lead the eye up though the image.

Good for the theme, well thought out and well spotted. It chimes on 2 fronts for me - remembrance and the face that remembrance will be largely empty this year due to the virus. Great job.

They certainly stand out against the black railings, interesting memorial too.
Thanks Allan. They've done a great job with the poppies as they cover quite a large area. I thought this was the best setting though.

I'm seeing a cross between a lighthouse and a street light.
Cheers Tim. It's certainly ornate.

Topical
I hate to say it, but I think this might look good as a colour pop.
It's a good composition, the railings lead the eye up though the image.
Thanks Dominic. I did think of that but then decided I liked it as it is.

Good for the theme, well thought out and well spotted. It chimes on 2 fronts for me - remembrance and the face that remembrance will be largely empty this year due to the virus. Great job.
Cheers Jim. I think this year's events will be more sombre than usual.

The red poppies stand out wonderfully - great use of leading lines up to the monument.
Thanks Alex.

Hi Pete

Very nicely done, love the colours and catch lights, nice and sharp as well.

Pete

Nicely shot and really well lit. I find those on the plate a little distracting - my eye keeps flipping - but that could just be me :)

Very nicely done for Food. the lighting is very nice and the colours are great.

That be a belter that!

Hi Pete

Very nicely done, love the colours and catch lights, nice and sharp as well.

Pete
Thanks Pete

Yes very nice composition and execution.
Cheers Nick

Lovely colours and composition. The lighting has really brought out the detail - just enough DoF as well.
Thanks Alex

Nicely shot and really well lit. I find those on the plate a little distracting - my eye keeps flipping - but that could just be me :)
Thanks Helen. I hadn't noticed that about the ones on the plate being distracting but having looked again you may well be right.

Very nicely done for Food. the lighting is very nice and the colours are great.
Thanks Jim.

That be a belter that!
Cheers Dave.

As has been said, lovely composition and colours. The sprigs of mint work really well.

I quite like looking at an image, being drawn to one spot and then having more to look at as my eye wanders, so for me, I like the ones on the plate as they are that added extra for once you've seen the main draw.

Back