Cloudforest's 52 for 2022, Week 37- Looking Up

Ha! My eyes aren't as good at Bebop's! Took me a bit of "Find Waldo" to spot him/her.

:LOL: I spotted him straight away. Nicely framed by the trees in the foreground either side :)
Thanks Bebop. I was looking to get a cyclist shot but they were all riding away from me and then I spotted this one on the hillside.

Nice image Pete. What's a pillar box?

A pillar box is a free standing post (mail) box here in the UK. Usually made of cast iron and painted red, although some get redecorated for special occasions (like a local person winning a gold medal at the Olympics.)

Bugger why didn't I think of that, there is one just around the corner from me! Great picture and I really like the shadows off to the side too.

Thats a solid bit of metal there Pete.
They really are substantial aren’t they. Thanks for your comment Simon. Much appreciated as ever.

Ha! Well thought of Pete. I like it :D
Thanks Alan

Nice image Pete. What's a pillar box?
Cheers Bill. Pillar boxes have been around some time and always had the insignia of the current monarch on them as in the EIIR.

Bugger why didn't I think of that, there is one just around the corner from me! Great picture and I really like the shadows off to the side too.
Cheers Simon

Good 2 in one there Pete.
Thanks Peter

Nice one Pete :)

Nice one Pete :)
Thanks Dave. I happened to be out taking pics for my current project when the theme came through and then I stumbled across a few orchids. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to get an early one in!

Very nice. It would have been even better if there'd been three or four in a row but the sharp flower and stems that are there do look lovely against the soft out of focus background. Well spotted and well done Pete! :D

Very nicely spotted and captured Pete. Orchids are so photogenic.

Very nicely spotted and captured Pete. Orchids are so photogenic.
Thanks very much Simon. I came across some Bee Orchids later on but they are much smaller and I don’t have a macro lens any more.

Nicely done. I wouldn't have known what it was... I do now. Great light, and I love the use of DOF.

The rule of three works for planting and photography. A lovely capture.

The perspective makes for an interesting shot with the various angles and apex.

I agree with Helen, you've done a great job composing the image to make it more interesting. I think that I'd love to see the circular windows from the inside.

Good picture and as others have said it’s a good angle you picked there. Now it could be my tablet screen but the sky looks a little washed out. I might have tempted to try and tweak it a tad. However it doesn’t distract from a really well taken picture.

I agree with Helen, you've done a great job composing the image to make it more interesting. I think that I'd love to see the circular windows from the inside.
Thanks Bill. I've never been inside this church but will photograph the windows if I ever do go in.

Good picture and as others have said it’s a good angle you picked there. Now it could be my tablet screen but the sky looks a little washed out. I might have tempted to try and tweak it a tad. However it doesn’t distract from a really well taken picture.
Thanks Simon. I did try and enhance the sky but it looked a bit false so I took it back a bit.

Back