Cloudforest's 52 for 2022, Week 37- Looking Up

Nice picture, one for the technique perhaps?
Thanks Simon. I did the technique earlier on but this would have been much better.

Nice shot Pete. Lovely cloud reflections that are more evident than in the sky itself.
Thanks Simon. On a diffused cloudy day, the reflections are always better here than in full sun.

That's a nice calm shot Pete.
Thanks Bill. I’ve visited this site regulally for the last 10 months and seen lots of different weather even within the space of a week.

Good use of the leading line and a nice colour balance between water, reed and trees.

Nice Pete ... a reflective & calming image

Technology - That's a really interesting and creative image and on point for a photography challenge.

Discarded - Despite it's size there is a good chance I would have tripped over it! Nice atmospheric capture.

Flora - Nice composition with for me just the right amount of foreground and background interest. The cotton grass/rushes have a look of HDR about them

Unusual - It's definitely out of place and spot on for the theme. I wonder what the story is on how it came to be there?

Snappers Choice - All the elements of the image work together well. I might have been tempted to crop the right to remove the separate tree in the top right.

Good use of the leading line and a nice colour balance between water, reed and trees.
Thanks Helen.
Nice Pete ... a reflective & calming image
Thanks Duncan.

Technology - That's a really interesting and creative image and on point for a photography challenge.

Discarded - Despite it's size there is a good chance I would have tripped over it! Nice atmospheric capture.

Flora - Nice composition with for me just the right amount of foreground and background interest. The cotton grass/rushes have a look of HDR about them

Unusual - It's definitely out of place and spot on for the theme. I wonder what the story is on how it came to be there?

Snappers Choice - All the elements of the image work together well. I might have been tempted to crop the right to remove the separate tree in the top right.
Thanks for all the comments Stuart, they are much appreciated.

That's a really nice calming image and a good choice for the theme - great colours

Lovely shot - so much to like - the colours, the sky with lots of detail, the line of colours as you go through to the distance. Oh and the trees.

Lovely colours and reflections for your snapper's choice. Looks so still and calm!

Last edited:
Keeping the trees minimal! I like it.

Great POV and good composition.

Nice take on the theme Pete. Lovely shot.
Thanks Simon.

That's a really nice calming image and a good choice for the theme - great colours
Thanks very much Jim.

I almost thought it was a Windows XP background for a moment. Lovely colours in this one.
Thanks Simon. I'd forgotten all about that familiar XP background.

Lovely shot - so much to like - the colours, the sky with lots of detail, the line of colours as you go through to the distance. Oh and the trees.

Lovely colours and reflections for your snapper's choice. Looks so still and calm!
Thanks Bebop. It was a bit of a chance shot that looked a lot better on the monitor than through the camera.

Snapper's choice was quite tricky to PP and I'm still sure I could do better with it (if only I knew how!)

I like your take on the theme. Putting the main subject discreetly the mid/background. Nice vivid sea of greens.
Cheers Stan.

Beautiful trees image and my favourite so far on the tree theme, lighting is bang on love the trees in the BG but really do love the one on it's own placed just off middle of the frame.
Cheers Dave. Much appreciated.

Keeping the trees minimal! I like it.

Great POV and good composition.
Thanks Bill. I shoot a fair number of tree pics and I thought this might be a bit different.

A lovely spring countryside shot.
Thanks Helen.

Wot no gravy?!

Looks nice, and a good take on the theme.

Reactions: Nod
Wot no gravy?!

Looks nice, and a good take on the theme.
Thanks Jim. I was going to do gravy as well but I couldn't find anything photogenic to put it in!

Thanks Paul. I had to do a taste test and it was rather nice!

Food and photography. Two of my favourite things.
Mine too! Thanks Peter.

Looks good. Breakfast or lunch?
Definitely lunch Bill.

I see what you did there..... ;)
Looks tasty!
Thanks Simon.

Haha - love it :)

Oh very clever, and weather-independent.

Hole - tasty take on the theme - proper sausage as well. Good Image with nice colours and looks good enouth to eat.
Sunrise - good spot, lucky for the theme, good cropping anf the round windows work well for eyes. Nice splash of red as well.

Pete

You took an idea that I was thinking about Pete. We used to have a Sunrise Diner nearby and I searched for it but I was disappointed. I think that it must have closed down during lockdown.

Haha - love it :)
Cheers Dave

Perfect for when there is a lack of good sunrises and sunsets. Those windows are like eyes :oops: :$ Nicely squared up.
Thanks Bebop.

Oh very clever, and weather-independent.
Thanks Martin. I did chase a small sunset around the countryside but it disappeared before I could park up!

Very good. Fish and chips at sunrise!
Thanks Peter

I chuckled when I saw your picture definitely thinking outside the box there :)
Cheers Simon

Excellent... made me laugh
Thanks Helen

Hole - tasty take on the theme - proper sausage as well. Good Image with nice colours and looks good enouth to eat.
Sunrise - good spot, lucky for the theme, good cropping anf the round windows work well for eyes. Nice splash of red as well.

Pete
Thanks Pete

You took an idea that I was thinking about Pete. We used to have a Sunrise Diner nearby and I searched for it but I was disappointed. I think that it must have closed down during lockdown.
What did we do before search engines Bill?

Back