Cloudforest's 52 for 2022, Week 37- Looking Up

Is that a printhead moving across? Perfect for the theme and I like the redness of it all.

Window shot also works well for the theme. I like the contrast of the warm stone against the colder tones of the church through it.
Yes that’s the printhead. I was running out of time and had to look around to find something suitable and a bit different for the theme.
I had the window shot in mind from the beginning and just needed to get out and see if it would work.

Last edited:
I bet that's heavy and took some discarding!

BEAM me up Scotty!

I like this Pete.
The unkempt environment adds to the discarded object.

Definitely discarded, could also fit a 'nature reclaiming industry' theme :) Nice fog too, which makes the eye focus on the subject

Technology: great idea - it makes a really good image.
Discarded: definitely fits the bit and nicely atmospheric.

I bet that's heavy and took some discarding!

BEAM me up Scotty!
Thanks Dave. I used a bit of a shoe horn this week but they did leave that chunk of concrete behind when they cleared the rest of the site

I like this Pete.
The unkempt environment adds to the discarded object.
Thanks Peter

Definitely discarded, could also fit a 'nature reclaiming industry' theme :) Nice fog too, which makes the eye focus on the subject
Cheers Jim

Technology: great idea - it makes a really good image.
Discarded: definitely fits the bit and nicely atmospheric.
Thanks Helen. Much appreciated as always.

Nice misty shot Pete. Was it the remains of the building that was on site or was it moved from another site?

Nice misty shot Pete. Was it the remains of the building that was on site or was it moved from another site?
Thanks Bill. I'm not entirely sure but I think that the concrete slabs (there are a number of others around) are all that remains of a now cleared site.

Nice peat Pete :)

Nice take on the theme ... loads of flora ... even built on it ;)

Catching up - I like your discarded shot, very atmospheric, and your flora shot is lovely - looks really remote.

Interesting landscape Pete. Do the colours change as the seasons progress or does it remain same shades of brown and beige?

The water looks very peaty. I'm wondering how it would look in mono?

Nice landscape flora Pete.

Meets the challenge well.
Thanks Peter.

Nice peat Pete :)
Cheers Dave.

Different take.
Thanks David. I like to show plants in their landscape if I can.

Nice take on the theme ... loads of flora ... even built on it ;)
Thanks Duncan.

Catching up - I like your discarded shot, very atmospheric, and your flora shot is lovely - looks really remote.
Thanks Simon

Interesting landscape Pete. Do the colours change as the seasons progress or does it remain same shades of brown and beige?
Thanks Bill. The heathers will bloom later (mainly purple) and the cotton grass will flower wispy and white. I want to revisit when the heathers flower and shoehorn the pic into another week’s theme!

The water looks very peaty. I'm wondering how it would look in mono?
Thanks Helen. I’ve not tried it yet in mono although l might look at a whole series of mono pics from the site for the zine challenge this year.

I wouldn't want to get my wellies stuck in that. I like the contrasting colours with the sky reflecting blue in the water against the yellow/green of the grasses.

I wouldn't want to get my wellies stuck in that. I like the contrasting colours with the sky reflecting blue in the water against the yellow/green of the grasses.
Thanks Bebop. I didn't get too close to the water as I imagine it's easy to get bogged down.

It's an unusual seat and completely out of character for where it looks like it is. Theme nailed.

Unusual and definitely out of place. I wonder how it got there??

I'm with Helen. Wondering how it got there. Was it commissioned as an artistic expression or was it dropped off by someone who didn't want it in their backyard?

It's an unusual seat and completely out of character for where it looks like it is. Theme nailed.
Thanks Simon.

It looks like the kind of seat you might find in a 70's railway station, or a shopping centre from the same period.

As you say, very unusual in that setting !
Cheers Tim. I know what you mean about a 70's shopping centre!

Unusual and definitely out of place. I wonder how it got there??
I'm with Helen. Wondering how it got there. Was it commissioned as an artistic expression or was it dropped off by someone who didn't want it in their backyard?
Thanks both. The wood is on the site of a former colliery washing plant and there are 2 similar seats in different parts of the wood. They must have taken some getting into place.
I have to admit that I'm trying to squeeze as many weekly themes as I can out of this wood!

I love the incongruity. The colour, the shape, the texture, everything about it is wrong in that location. Well spotted!

Certainly is unusual. Look like it might have dropped out of a passing aircraft :ROFLMAO:

Really quite bizarre to see it next to a few silver birch trees. Well spotted and captured.

Certainly is unusual. Look like it might have dropped out of a passing aircraft :ROFLMAO:

Really quite bizarre to see it next to a few silver birch trees. Well spotted and captured.
Thanks Bebop. I really like the idea that it’s come from a passing aircraft. I’ll think of that now whenever I see it.

Certainly unusual and incongruous.
To me it looks like a boat left behind when the flood waters receded.

Good mix of tree, cloud and reed (?) reflections there Pete.
Have you tried different colour profiles in LR?

Nice shot Pete. Lovely cloud reflections that are more evident than in the sky itself.

Back