Cloudforest's 52 for 2022, Week 37- Looking Up

I love the mini montbretia in the droplets... actually I think my friend told me this plant has been renamed, so whatever it is called!! :)

Nice one that Pete :)
Cheers Dave.

That's great Pete. Well executed, the reflections in the droplets are brilliant!
Thanks Simon.

That's really good Pete, I had something similar to start off with but didn't like the final result. Yours is much, much better than mine was.
Thanks Bill. I struggled with the crop for a while but got somewhere in the end!

Great dof and some lovely colour.
Thanks Helen.

Ooh, that's nicely done Pete. You've got a good handle on this weeks theme :LOL:

Nice one Pete, the patter in the tablecloth ties it all together.

More than one handle and some nice colour blends. Fits the bill nicely

Nicely done!

The birds need a gate?

Nice shot Pete. Works very well for this week's theme.

Playing comment catch-up.

Snappers Choice - A really well handled capture which you have made look easy, did the light shadow extend further at the top. I might have wanted to see it with out the light crop.

One half - I'm left wondering what the image looks like with the bread in focus too. To me it's just too out of focus to be a distraction than a benefit.

Posts - You will probably get the award for the biggest posts, the gate looks insignificant in comparison. Tick in the box too for the technique.

Water - I can feel the plant reaching out from the image with just the right amount of droplets.

Handles - A good example of a defined focus point.

Dusty - A nice level of detail that works well in mono, I've never heard of a bird gate before.

Nice shot Pete. Works very well for this week's theme.
Thanks Simon

That’s a good image for the theme Pete.
Processing's spot on.
Cheers Peter

The B&W works well. Loads of detail and very dusty.

Pete
Thanks Pete

Great mono shot Pete.
Thanks Dave

Playing comment catch-up.

Snappers Choice - A really well handled capture which you have made look easy, did the light shadow extend further at the top. I might have wanted to see it with out the light crop.

One half - I'm left wondering what the image looks like with the bread in focus too. To me it's just too out of focus to be a distraction than a benefit.

Posts - You will probably get the award for the biggest posts, the gate looks insignificant in comparison. Tick in the box too for the technique.

Water - I can feel the plant reaching out from the image with just the right amount of droplets.

Handles - A good example of a defined focus point.

Dusty - A nice level of detail that works well in mono, I've never heard of a bird gate before.
Thanks for all the comments Stuart. They’re much appreciated.

The subject is perfect for mono. Nice shot.
Thanks Helen.

Great range of colours and shapes.
Was it a conscious decision to crop the greenery at the top?
The grape in the lower left looks a bit of an outlier.

The composition works well and the summery colours are gorgeous. Deliberately looking for issues, I'd have maybe not clipped the top leaf (unless the end was manky), but it's a very minor thing.

A great variety of tomatoes, are they from your garden? I like the colours and how your composed the shot with the basil.

Lovely colourful image Pete.
Summer tomatoes - yum.
Thanks Peter. They are lovely at this time of year.

Great range of colours and shapes.
Was it a conscious decision to crop the greenery at the top?
The grape in the lower left looks a bit of an outlier.
Thanks Stuart. I did intend to crop the basil but should have taken more off. The “grape” is a green tomato.

Agree with Stuart great range of colours Pete, like it's an overhead shot.
Thanks Dave

The composition works well and the summery colours are gorgeous. Deliberately looking for issues, I'd have maybe not clipped the top leaf (unless the end was manky), but it's a very minor thing.
Thanks Nick. I agree the crop is a bit odd.

A great variety of tomatoes, are they from your garden? I like the colours and how your composed the shot with the basil.
Thanks Bill. Some of the smaller ones are from the garden.

Nice tomatoes! Good addition of the basil!
Thanks Simon

Handles; I like the way you used another handle to frame the teapot handle. Very clever.

Dusty; like most churches in the UK. They either closed for good or abandoned.

Food; a good varieties of tomatoes and different colours too. The square crop works well for the image.
Thanks very much Stan.

Well framed and on theme - phones are v. useful.
Thanks Peter. I was out for a couple of days for work and the normal camera is just to heavy to take on the train with the rest of my stuff.

Lovely image for internal Pete, great colourful window.
Thanks Dave.

Good composition Pete, the stained glass is beautiful.
Thanks Bill. I’m very lucky in that l visit a number of churches in my job and come across some wonderful stained glass.

Back