Cobra's 2021 52 Creative Calamities Week 52 showcase, done and out.

I thought he was yawning... perhaps you had told him a joke :exit:

Looking down
That's a nice (deadly) set of gnashers. I like the sun light shining from behind.

That's a mouth full of teeth, I think he's laughing at a guy holding a camera.;)
Lots of great detail captured in his fur. If only I had access to some zoo or other.

Pete

I'm still local at the moment, but the Mrs has got itchy feet and is looking.

Pete
I only asked because Whipsnade is only 20-25 mins away. (y)

Week 27 Indigenous
Every year for many years passed my ( mostly) climbers get absolutely hammered with Aphids.
This year I bought and released about a 100 indigenous Ladybird Larvae
So far so good, and this one certainly ate its fill and is preparing to metamorphose.

LB2.jpg

Last edited:
Great take on the theme - go little ladybirds!!!!

Doing your bit for the gardener eh?

How small are they because I've never seen anything like it. Would a human eye easily miss it?

Doing your bit for the gardener eh?
Every little helps (y)

How small are they because I've never seen anything like it. Would a human eye easily miss it?
about 3.5 mm at that stage, they do get a little larger circa 5 mm

Would you miss it? I guess it depends on how good your eye sight is, and if you know where to look.

Would you miss it? I guess it depends on how good your eye sight is, and if you know where to look.
I'd miss it then.

Great details in there.. even if I spotted it I wouldn't know what it was. It's the best way to control pests.. you just have to plan ahead and be patient.

Week 28 Pond plant,
A seed head from Cotton Grass..
Firstly, it was Tone mapped

C-G.jpg

And then converted to B&W

005a.jpg

Plant
I quite like that in black and white.
Really good detail in the cotton strands.

Plant
I quite like that in black and white.
Really good detail in the cotton strands.
Cheers Dom, (y)
I wasn't sure which one TBH,
But I think I'm also erring towards the B&W.

I'm with Dominic.. much prefer the mono for the light and texture.

Colour for me Chris, though don't ask me why.
I'm please to see you avoided the temptation to add a creepy crawly to the shot.
Cheers Tim, (y)
I thought I'd give you a break this week and not post the shot that included one :D

I think I prefer the b&w shot out of the two. Love the amount of detail you’ve captured in them :)

I think I prefer the b&w shot out of the two. Love the amount of detail you’ve captured in them :)
Its about 20mm long and shot with Canon's 100mm is macro Lens
Thanks for dropping by (y)

Catch up ..
Week 29 Dominating.
A rear view of the peace pagoda dominating the skyline across Willen lake.
With a tad of tone mapping thrown in for good measure.

The first of its kind in the Western hemisphere, the Milton Keynes Peace Pagoda was built by the monks (in 1980) and nuns of the Nipponzan Myohoji, a spiritual movement. The Peace Pagoda enshrines sacred relics of Lord Buddha presented from Nepal, Sri Lanka and Berlin. The Pagoda frieze is of traditional design and tells the story of Buddha from his birth 2,500 years ago at the foot of the Himalayas to his death at Kusinagara after 50 years of teaching. The Peace Pagoda sits next to the Buddhist Temple which regularly hosts services and spiritual events, see our events calendar for details.

Dominating.jpg

Week 30 Snappers choice "No fear"
does he not know what I used to do for a living? :D
I was sat in the garden watching this little fella( ess?) raiding the bird ground feeder and then disappearing down the side of my shed.

024.jpg

Nice couple of pix! Jazzy my cat has just had one of those for breakfast!

nice couple of catch up images. You can see the tone mapping in the Dominant image (which is a good image and nice composition). Really well done on 'catching' the mouse too.

Nice couple of pix! Jazzy my cat has just had one of those for breakfast!
Cheers Dave (y)
nice couple of catch up images. You can see the tone mapping in the Dominant image (which is a good image and nice composition). Really well done on 'catching' the mouse too.
Thanks Jim, on both counts.
The mouse ( Mice?) spent a lot of time, going back and forth collecting grain and stashing it.
It must have heard about the impending (apparent) food shortages :D

I have found evidence of those little critters in our shed after stored bird food, now this has all been stored in plastic boxes hopefully it goes else where now. Nice photo Chris, great details and nice and sharp.

Peace Pagoda looking good and well HDR'd

Pete

I have found evidence of those little critters in our shed after stored bird food, now this has all been stored in plastic boxes hopefully it goes else where now.
Best bet is to raise it off the ground somewhat, if you can. They'll chew though plastic to get it.
Rats will chew through galvanized bins to get to food, if they are hungry enough.
Nice photo Chris, great details and nice and sharp.

Peace Pagoda looking good and well HDR'd

Cheers Pete (y)

Dominating
Lovely, sharp and crisp colours.

Snappers choice
That's a great shot. At first I thought it was a captive animal for you to be able to get that close.

Dominating
Lovely, sharp and crisp colours.
Thanks Dom (y)

Snappers choice
That's a great shot. At first I thought it was a captive animal for you to be able to get that close.
Cheers again, Dom (y) It seemed far more intent in stocking up for the winter (?!) than looking at what I was doing,
Canon 100-400 MKII is at full stretch and a bit of a crop, so in reality I wasn't that close.

Good work on both counts Chris, I do like the expression on the face of the mouse, caught in the act haha

Good work on both counts Chris, I do like the expression on the face of the mouse, caught in the act haha
Thanks Iain he /she was back and forth for quite awhile that day :D

Two nice shots. Have to say the little critter is rather cute... I've just removed an old shed along with many, many evictions of said critter.

Two nice shots. Have to say the little critter is rather cute... I've just removed an old shed along with many, many evictions of said critter.
Thanks Helen (y)
Hopefully the evicted will have time to set up a new home before the cold weather :D

Back