weekly Cobra's epic fail for 2015, week 52 A Christmas shoe horn and done :)

Yes I think someone was boldly telling you how it is lol :LOL:

I love both of their gestures which made me smile, his glassy eyes are just the icing on the cake!

It's great to see you still in the 52 Chris, I can see you being here at the end despite what your thread title may say.

Two cracking images for bold, I do enjoy how you have portrayed the character of the chimps. They are fun images but technically very good too. They would be ideal for a caption competition also.

I also like how you have been able to shoot what you love whilst still keeping on theme with the 52. Good work (y)

It's great to see you still in the 52 Chris, I can see you being here at the end despite what your thread title may say.
Two cracking images for bold, I do enjoy how you have portrayed the character of the chimps. They are fun images but technically very good too. They would be ideal for a caption competition also.
I also like how you have been able to shoot what you love whilst still keeping on theme with the 52. Good work (y)
Thanks Iain, I appreciate you taking the time to drop by (y)
I'm kinda hanging on by a thread, TBH, and shoe-horning images in as and when I can ;)

Oh and feel free to add a caption or two, but I think its perfectly clear what they are saying to me :D

That's the thing though Chris, I have enjoyed others 52 threads a little more when they have added a personal touch to it. Taking photographs of family say, and having that as their entry it makes it just that little bit better.

In your case, it's your obvious love of animals, wildlife and all things not very human. The 52 can be whatever one wants, the themes? they are fair game for interpretation, they are more guidelines :D

Sorry for going all touchy feely :D
I blame my 100 project, it makes me all emotional ;)

Sorry for going all touchy feely :D
I blame my 100 project, it makes me all emotional ;)
PMSL Iain its OK to let your feminine side show now and again :D
But actually its all fair comment (y)

Both great captures, obviously met you before :)
Cheers Allan (y)
And indeed, we have. :D I have a few "mooned at " pictures, and a couple where they were actually please to see me,
(and no it wasn't a banana in their hand :D )

Couldn't help it Chris, Ruth made me say it :D
I've heard that about her Iain, she can be very pervasive.
Was it the thumb screws or the lighted bamboo under the fingernails that did it? :D

Hey Chris!
That watery shot is a bit special isn't it?!.....I actually thought they were funky cocktails before I read your intro [emoji23]. Great set overall, one little thing for me though is the BG is a little uneven light wise near the top and showing the pattern more in the BG, maybe a bit of healing?[emoji6]

Bold: haha the first one says it all really about this week's theme! Another great set!

Bit of a shoehorn :)
Chimpanzees are one of my favourite animals, they are more human than some humans at times :)
Cheers.
:whistle: :D

Thanks for stopping by Andy (y)

Hey Chris!
That watery shot is a bit special isn't it?!.....I actually thought they were funky cocktails before I read your intro [emoji23]. Great set overall, one little thing for me though is the BG is a little uneven light wise near the top and showing the pattern more in the BG, maybe a bit of healing?[emoji6]
Thanks Freg, I appreciate that :)

Cocktails, you know I'd not thought about them like that, but now you come to mention it, lol yep I guess they could be.

Back ground, I assume that my monitor is a tad darker than yours, in that case, as I can't see a pattern, but thanks for pointing it out,
I'll need to be a little more "careful" with that, if I use that backdrop again in the future (y)

Bold: haha the first one says it all really about this week's theme! Another great set!
Thanks again Ferg :)

lol, very good. I like the cropped one best :)

Relaxing after a hard day pillaging and plundering.
TBH its not completely what I had in mind, but my "model" wouldn't hang around long enough,
for me to set it up.

I fink I'm turning Japanese :D

S6
by Chris-the-falconer, on Flickr

S5
by Chris-the-falconer, on Flickr

Ooooo, a katana, love training with this.

I like the contemplative feel of #1. Nice and tight as well.

Slightly brighter above your head and although I didn't mind the candles, I'd rather the plant wasn't there.

Cheers.

Now then Chris

Saw your relax shot on flickr but didn't twigg it was for this theme......#1 for me as I prefer the pose...I think :thinking: Nicely lit & good focus & a very different pastime (y)

Bold....no crit on either as both are just great :clap:

I'm enjoying your thread....good to see some different shots from you (y)

Slightly brighter above your head
Again, flash bounced off the ceiling, and and obviously "spilling" down the wall.
As you can see Flash is not my thing by any means,
But I'll see if I can work it out.

and although I didn't mind the candles, I'd rather the plant wasn't there.
Plant? PLANT? that's a Bonsai tree I'll have you know :D
But now you mention it, I'm gonna go back and take them all out and see what it looks like
Cheers Andy (y)

Now then Chris
Saw your relax shot on flickr but didn't twigg it was for this theme......#1 for me as I prefer the pose...I think :thinking: Nicely lit & good focus & a very different pastime (y)
Bold....no crit on either as both are just great :clap:
I'm enjoying your thread....good to see some different shots from you (y)
I tried to make #1 a little "gritty" but people just aint my thing.

Thanks Lynne, I appreciate your kind words (y)
As you can tell, this is very much a make it up as I go along thing :D

This is more "me" for relaxed :D

View attachment 31399

Last edited:
Hi, love the first one or in fact the second shot in the edit o_O I know this 52 thing really is not your thing I am sure you would rather be confronted by wildlife
but I enjoy looking at your thread and the effort you are putting in :clap:

Hi, love the first one or in fact the second shot in the edit o_O I know this 52 thing really is not your thing I am sure you would rather be confronted by wildlife
but I enjoy looking at your thread and the effort you are putting in :clap:
Thanks Allan your encouragement is appreciated (y)

(And you are dead right of course, its not my thing but I'm still here, for now at least :D )

Actually you're right, I didn't nice that I'd posted them arse about face I'll turn 'em round (Sorry :D)

Last edited:
The edit of #1 is my fave, and a surprise as I was expecting a laid back animal shot from you :p as in post #314 :D

The contemplation/meditation pose really suits the them :clap:

And that's were my red velvet throw went, no the wonder I can't find it :bat:

The edit of #1 is my fave, and a surprise as I was expecting a laid back animal shot from you :p as in post #314 :D
I have plenty of those too, but I thought that it was too easy :D
The contemplation/meditation pose really suits the them :clap:
And that's were my red velvet throw went, no the wonder I can't find it :bat:
Thanks Jill I appreciate your kind words :)

Sorry about the throw, next time I'm passing you can have it back :D

Back