Conservation and Shooting.

:LOL:

I have one of it looking directly at me, it is more crap than my usual stuff so I won`t post the POS..............:D

Off out to feed the deer and I may spend an hour in the hide,see what turns up.........(y)

Kingfisher2WM.jpg

The aim is to get them near enough to capture with a 300 or 400mm.

Thanks, but there are far better kingfisher shots on here than any of mine, cheers all the same.

Few from today,last of the week I would imagine.

Female Gooseander.

FemaleGooseander-1.jpg

Male Gooseander.

MaleGooseander-1.jpg

Getting the gooseanders sailing past the hide means it is doing it`s job.Any hint of human prescence and they are off and away at rapid speed.

Waterhen.

Waterhen.jpg

Unusual Heron angle, it landed in a tree directly above the hide.

UnusualHeron.jpg

Gratuitous Sika male shot.

SikaStag.jpg

Pic of the temporary hide, it is sited next to a load of wild Iris. The blue bin is a squirrel proof hopper for the bird seed.

Hide.jpg

And a pic from each window,showing the river and the host of fishing perches for the kingfishers.

HV1.jpg

HV2.jpg

HV3.jpg

HV4.jpg

It looks fantastic, you must be very content with what you have, wouldn't mind having a bit of that myself.

Steve

River hide is getting some stuff fairly close by now, this chap is still not sure and stays a fair way off, but he is getting nearer.I put the hide very close to where they have seemed to like fishing over the time I have studied them.The problem is that there are so many overhanging trees they have a plethora of places to choose from.

Anyway, now`t special, but here it is.

Kingfisher1WM.jpg

Still a darn sight better than I have managed yet :razz:

Fantastic thread (y)

Going to check if the peregrines are nesting yet, be nice if they are......(y)

Three nest sites I know of all being used and all with eggs..................(y)

Poor arse shot of a rapidly moving PF.

Perebumshot.jpg

Crap shot, no time to wait yesterday,maybe later......:)

Three nest sites I know of all being used and all with eggs..................(y)

Is that one carrying a kill, Ade?

Got a pair not far from me. Nest is on a very inaccessible crag, which is good them.

Looks like things are going well wish you all the best keep and keep up the good work as a lot of us enjoy reading this thread and seeing your photos
Regards
Richard

Is that one carrying a kill, Ade?

Got a pair not far from me. Nest is on a very inaccessible crag, which is good them.

Not sure TBH mate, the female came back with a pidgeon and the male lifted from the nest to try and snatch it off her,ariel combat for about 20 secs.Awesome too watch and to fast to photograph properly,I think this is the male minus food.

keep up the good work mate looks like your doing a good job and a good job to have in my eyes

looks like a perfect river bed for sustaining "brownies"....?

much fly-life in the overhanging vegetation ...?

Very much so, big salmon and trout river.........(y)

any chance of a day-ticket for brownies ?

unless you are located in the upper parts of Sutherland...:(

The honest answer is that I do not know,but I can find out for you if you want.It is the Ribble Valley down in Lancashire though, a fair trek for you.

The honest answer is that I do not know,but I can find out for you if you want.It is the Ribble Valley down in Lancashire though, a fair trek for you.

PASS - but thanks anyway...!..(y)

that's really odd as I thought from your posts, the House, the scenery and the shooting, that you where somewhere north of the Central Highlands

PASS - but thanks anyway...!..(y)

that's really odd as I thought from your posts, the House, the scenery and the shooting, that you where somewhere north of the Central Highlands

No, Scotland is a place of great beauty,no doubt about that, but we have the odd bit down here as well.................:LOL:

No, Scotland is a place of great beauty,no doubt about that, but we have the odd bit down here as well.................:LOL:

no doubt.......this is just 2miles upstream from the farm
full of wee brownies, and the occasional 1lb
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Had a good walk round today, found three setts with occupants and some other stuff that I have yet to sort out.

Anyway,a few of these about at the moment.

Lapwing.jpg

We watched each other for quite a while,they are heavy with fawn now.

Peekaboo.jpg

Last edited:
OMG :runaway: Only just found this thread Ade. Loved the last one and now subscribed to this one. I'm sure this should be made a sticky as it is one of the best long running informative nature threads on TP imo :)

Thank you mate, very kind of you to say that.

Because of that, here is some badger crap, they dig a little hole and then crap in the hole, no idea why, but they do........:D

badgercrap.jpg

This is a view of the land put aside for the deer and anything else,taken from the far riverbank.Good sized piece of land,meadow,woods,ravine and river. All they need in one area.

DeerSanctuary2.jpg

Thank you mate, very kind of you to say that.

Because of that, here is some badger crap, they dig a little hole and then crap in the hole, no idea why, but they do........:D

badgercrap.jpg

You just put my missus off of her dinner ... nearly lmao :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Its true then,
Frac really does post a load of crap :D

I love the deer pose Ade (y)

Cheers all. I did a lot of walking around yesterday,looking for stuff.I took my D300 with the 17-50 on it, couldn`t be harrised lumping anything else around.

Anyway, some scenic snaps,a dead thing and a live sett.

Bluebells.jpg

River1.jpg

River2.jpg

DeadGrey2.jpg

BadgerSett.jpg

I love the classic pose of the fen Mk IV Ade (y) :D

I love the classic pose of the fen Mk IV Ade (y) :D

I knew you would, I think Charlie may approve as well..............:D

Back