COVID vaccine announced

It looks like many posters have got R2D2 on ignore. :ROFLMAO:

............how very odd; I can see replies to my post - maybe it's you who should take the people who have replied with sensible answers off ignore?

On the other hand that might mean you make a contribution to the thread rather than making personal comments about a forum member & providing nothing useful towards the discussion. :rolleyes:

One of the thing you learn when you go to University is the skill of separating facts from fiction, or at least, state your source, and more importantly, state a legit source.

It is the cornerstone to Essay writing. Everyone can have an opinion, that is perfectly fine but you can't just state something without backing up your claim, even if you think it's obvious. Say in the essay you say "The Sky is Blue". You better have an * and link to a footnote and explain that the sky is blue due to the particles as light travels through the atmosphere and explained by X Paper, in Y Date by Z Author. Or if you put that "stealing is illegal", you need to state the chapter and verse on which legislation it comes out of, and the case law gives the definition on what constitute as stealing. What you don't do is link to obscure sources, you learn to filter out and realise what is bad sources and what is legit. Even Wikipedia is not a good source, because it is user editable meaning it is prone to errors.

You can see someone without this skill coming a mile off, it is more than likely they never had a university education, it doesn't really matter what degree they took, it doesn't need to be science, because the standard of referencing is pretty much the same across the board. When someone never gone through that, they never learn to have that filter in their head. They think questioning everything is the way to go. They think questioning legit sources is even better idea. There is an distinct lack of separation on what is legit or not. Their questioning isn't the problem, their lack of skill on filtering is.

Can you imagine, like @andya700 's wife, spent years in school, worked hard, good grades, get into university, got a job, doing research, basically what she is good at (Excellent at, 100% guarantee better than all of us at it), and then someone somewhere online who has never picked up a book on the subject goes on Twitter, Facebook and forums disputing all of their lifetime of work base on something they read from another Twitter feed. No reasonable man would ever do the latter.

One extreme example was when Clinton was running for the 2016 Election and there was this Pizzagate, it was claimed by some CT nut that she ran an underground paedephile ring out of the basement of a pizza parlour in Washington DC. It went around the Far Right channels like wild fire. Now a normal reasonable person would look at that and think it's absurd. (I bet some of you think it is possible, even 1%).

Well, someone believed it enough to pick up an assault rifle and went and "attack" the Pizza Parlour, shot at the premises, it turns out, obviously, there was no children locked up in the basement, in fact the building doesn't even have a basement.

I'm glad I never bothered wasting my time going to university. ;)

Maybe not. I know of someone who potentially will struggle with addiction due to his mother being on drugs when he was in the womb. Nothing to do with his choice!
And there are people addicted through prescribed drugs.

............how very odd; I can see replies to my post - maybe it's you who should take the people who have replied with sensible answers off ignore?

On the other hand that might mean you make a contribution to the thread rather than making personal comments about a forum member & providing nothing useful towards the discussion. :rolleyes:
Oh, really. You think some fruit images is a contribution? And a comment about ignoring is personal?

What a case.

Rasputin has gone, who will Mr Johnson turn to for advice about everything now?
Rumour has it his latest child's mother is running the show.

Last edited:
Just to simplify it a little:

An Orange:
full

An Apple:
full

Completely pointless trying to compare them:

Indeed you simplyfy it to your own ends, however it is well established in the realms of science and looking at the evidence bases between one action or inaction and another eg one country and another, that in fact you can (if you have the right skills) indeed compare apples and oranges, but I don't think you'd get that.

Utter tosh if there was the merest sniff of that going on there would be anarchy especially from staff from the NHS and that’s from the horses mouth they also believe that vaccination should be compulsory this is from a paramedic and a senior nursing officer in my local hospital.

Tell you what, a paramedic and a senior nursing officer's personal belief is not the horses mouth of the NHS!

You would be right at the back of the queue If you had the chance to vaccinated and refused.

Yes all stick and no carrot, that's a great way to think of your fellow man!

[/QUOTE]

I don't actually remember the last time you practiced what you are preaching. Does anyone else? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Indeed you simplyfy it to your own ends, however it is well established in the realms of science and looking at the evidence bases between one action or inaction and another eg one country and another, that in fact you can (if you have the right skills) indeed compare apples and oranges, but I don't think you'd get that.

I don't actually remember the last time you practiced what you are preaching. Does anyone else? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I posted a link to an article stating how we shouldn't compare one Country to another in the post you have quoted; at the time the thread was discussing comparrisons between Countries; please explain why that isn't relevant to the discussion and is 'simplified' to suit my 'own ends'?

The first drink or the first burger or the first cigarette, there is always a choice.
Take it from someone who used to have a drinking and weight problem, there is ALWAYS a choice it’s up the you which choice you make.
You can be obese without burgers, overeating is not always a choice. Alkoholism is not about the first drink is a decease and even is you manage to stop drinking youre still an alcoholic. Yes you can get over it but people are different so one experience does not necessary apply to other people

Tell you what, a paramedic and a senior nursing officer's personal belief is not the horses mouth of the NHS!

Way more experience of what’s going on and what’s needed to end this nightmare than the likes of you old bean.

Yes all stick and no carrot, that's a great way to think of your fellow man!

When fellow man stops wanting everything handed to them on a plate and starts to take responsibility for there own actions maybe there will be less need for the stick and more willingness to give them a carrot or two! :)

Way more experience of what’s going on and what’s needed to end this nightmare than the likes of you old bean.

When fellow man stops wanting everything handed to them on a plate and starts to take responsibility for there own actions maybe there will be less need for the stick and more willingness to give them a carrot or two! :)

Surely by your logic if someone catches Covid its their fault anyway? I mean, if they never went out, did online shopping, kept 2+m away from people and always wore a mask then they shouldn't catch it? Maybe we could just leave them to die at home?

I do not like grammar Nazis, but...

It is "their".

OK?

Get it right and I'll have more willingness to give you a carrot. Or two.

I've just opened another packet :popcorn:
:D

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Put that popcorn away! I could try and make a cohesive and likely passionate reply to him but I recognise the levels of ignorance/stupidity/trumpism* (*your choice) and I recognise that these entrenched "I'm right, you're wrong" zealots simply cannot be reasoned with.

Well you chaps seem to have all the answers along with a grammar checker so I’ll let you get on with on it and bow out of this one.

Hancock said he won't rule out mandatory vaccine

A couple of thoughts, i do wonder if these pratts make these statements just to make things harder for BJ.

Not sure how i feel on this but any one who doesnt have it should have restrictions placed on them untill we are clear of it, no pubs, no passport, movemement restrictions and i bet i can think of more.

Hancock said he won't rule out mandatory vaccine

A couple of thoughts, i do wonder if these pratts make these statements just to make things harder for BJ.

Not sure how i feel on this but any one who doesnt have it should have restrictions placed on them untill we are clear of it, no pubs, no passport, movemement restrictions and i bet i can think of more.

It does set a dangerous precedent. Iirc all vaccines are up to the individual. Surely when the majority are vaccinated then if someone who is not vaccinated gets COVID (which will be harder) it’s their fault and it’s unlikely to be passed onto anyone with a vaccine? I mean, why is the flu vaccine not mandatory for all as that could save thousands of lives each year?

It does set a dangerous precedent. Iirc all vaccines are up to the individual. Surely when the majority are vaccinated then if someone who is not vaccinated gets COVID (which will be harder) it’s their fault and it’s unlikely to be passed onto anyone with a vaccine? I mean, why is the flu vaccine not mandatory for all as that could save thousands of lives each year?
Yes agree although I believe that vaccines are a good thing and trust doctors and people who develop them things like that have to be voluntary

As much as I think that Anti-Vac brigade are a bunch of idiots, I don't think it should be forced upon them. However there should come with a few consequences such as travelling, and this will not be from our government limiting them leaving, it would be other governments limiting UK Nationals arriving, as we should limit other unvaccinated foreigners arriving bringing in more cases. Or even airline preventing you boarding, That should be the most logical result of that. There may be however some buildings where you need to be "clean" before you enter, right now there are temperature checks in some buildings, but that does not guarantee you are not infected, it only means you are asymptomatic. A further step to that would be scanning an QR Code to validate you have had a vaccine before entering said building. Like as a visitor to a hospital or nursing home. You do not want someone bringing it into places where people are vulnerable already.

Other than that, things like burden on the NHS, it would be no different than smoking and all that it cause in principle, stupid yes, but what can you do. I would love to say leave them on the side of the street and let them die but we are not that kind of people.

Last edited:
I am heeere to make a yuuge announcement
My Warp speed project have created a Neeew great Vagssiene
Its Great its yuuuge
You Know nobody knows more about vassines than me.....maybe in the intire world
Fauci said so himself
and its the best vagssiene ever. No other vagssiene is as good
And nobody knew this
the others vagssienes were 90% effective and 95% effective........ this one is 112% effective
incredible dont you think :):cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am heeere to make a yuuge announcement
My Warp speed project have created a Neeew great Vagssiene
Its Great its yuuuge
You Know nobody knows more about vassines than me.....maybe in the intire world
Fauci said so himself
and its the best vagssiene ever. No other vagssiene is as good
And nobody knew this
the others vagssienes were 90% effective and 95% effective........ this one is 112% effective
incredible dont you think :):cool:

Yew ahh Karen form Farceberk and I claim mai $100.

I'm not suggesting we should have mandatory vaccines, but if we don't get a high level of voluntary uptake in the population, then anyone who can't be vaccinated effectively, for whatever reason, will still be vulnerable. The vaccine might not work well in the oldest age groups, and there will be people with immune deficiences who won't be protected. If the vaccine prevents infection and not just disease, then we can hope to achieve herd immunity (in a safe way) to protect these vulnerable groups.

Apparently it's not the anti vaxxers that the government are really concerned about because in reality there are very few of them, the real issue is the "wait and see" brigade. A lot of people have got the idea that the vaccine has been "rushed out" and "might not be safe" so are planning on waiting to see if there are side effects before they have it. Quite how long these people are going to wait and how they are going to assess the risks of side effects is unknown and could keep us in this lock-down cycle for a long time.

The last time I saw any figures they were suggesting that herd immunity needs 75-90% uptake of vaccines.

Apparently it's not the anti vaxxers that the government are really concerned about because in reality there are very few of them, the real issue is the "wait and see" brigade. A lot of people have got the idea that the vaccine has been "rushed out" and "might not be safe" so are planning on waiting to see if there are side effects before they have it. Quite how long these people are going to wait and how they are going to assess the risks of side effects is unknown and could keep us in this lock-down cycle for a long time.

The last time I saw any figures they were suggesting that herd immunity needs 75-90% uptake of vaccines.

I would guess that most of the "wait & see's" will be the younger, healthier folk who will actually be near the end of the line when it comes to getting it anyway. Would the likes of me have any chance of getting it before July next year (under 50), let alone the 20-30 year olds? Remember we have not got any vaccines live and in general use, and we will need just under 150m of them!

The scary thing is that I don't think we have put that in all our airports, even now

The really scary thing about UK airports was nobody stopped me when I travelled through in September to ask me about my passenger locator form or where I'd travelled from

The really scary thing about UK airports was nobody stopped me when I travelled through in September to ask me about my passenger locator form or where I'd travelled from

We really don't care. In Korea you

1 - Get tested, wait at the airport for 6hrs for the test result.
2 - Once cleared, get driven in a bus with all other passengers to a government controlled hotel that you are paying for. If you can't pay then you are on the next flight home.
3 - In the hotel you get 3 meals, you can choose meat or vegetarian but that's pretty much it. You are not allowed to leave the room, they will knock on your door when the meal arrives and it will be outside. If you so much as open the door during non-meal hours the alarm will go off.

You get wifi, you can however order tinned or pre-packed food online from local websites and have it delivered to the hotel. So you can order tinned tuna and crisps if you like and they will bring it up for you, but you can't order pizza.

After 2 weeks, they will drive you to Seoul Station in the centre of town and drop you off.

If they replace that with London Paddington...then we can start looking at getting our cases down. I mean we are doing this Brexit so that we can control our borders didn't we? Or was that just a bunch of crap.

Last edited:
We really don't care. In Korea you are

2 - Once cleared, get driven in a bus with all other passengers to a government controlled hotel that you are paying for. If you can't pay then you are on the next flight home.
3 - In the hotel you get 3 meals, you can choose meat or vegetarian but that's pretty much it. You are not allowed to leave the room, they will knock on your door when the meal arrives and it will be outside. If you so much as open the door during non-meal hours the alarm will go off.

You get wifi, you can however order tinned or pre-packed food online from local websites and have it delivered to the hotel. So you can order tinned tuna and crisps if you like and they will bring it up for you, but you can't order pizza.

After 2 weeks, they will drive you to Seoul Station in the centre of town and drop you off.

If they replace that with London Paddington...then we can start looking at getting our cases down. I mean we voted for Brexit so that we can control our borders didn't we? Or was that just a bunch of crap.

That was pretty much the same as Australia was. They had the addition of capping arrivals to 35 per flight (there were weekly total allowances aa well).

Even then, as Melbourne demonstrated, if you don't run a tight ship with well trained security the problems caused can be massive. The entirety of the Melbourne second wave and lockdown was traced back to failures in hotel quarantine

We really don't care. In Korea you

If they replace that with London Paddington...then we can start looking at getting our cases down. I mean we are doing this Brexit so that we can control our borders didn't we? Or was that just a bunch of crap.
That would Work if you had few infected within society but with the virus widely sprede through All layers the few traweller contributions wouldnt change much.
Britain closed airports down for flights from Denmark even though se havnt seen cluster 5 since mid september and the affected area in DK is sealed of.

That would Work if you had few infected within society but with the virus widely sprede through All layers the few traweller contributions wouldnt change much.
Britain closed airports down for flights from Denmark even though se havnt seen cluster 5 since mid september and the affected area in DK is sealed of.

It's ONE of the many things we need to adopt. We need to stop infections coming in completely if we are to eliminate infection on the island.

It all started with "the few" travelling back from January and the continuously "a few" becomes many, many many thousands. You need to cut it off at both ends. There really is no point debating about it, all the countries that has Covid under control has adopted this travel restriction strategy, this proof is in the pudding at this point. You can say you don't need to, but then those countries that hasn't, Covid isn't under control.

Last edited:
Back