weekly Crotal Bell 52 for 2023 Wk 52 Favourite from 2023.

Interesting shot of the weather front. Was that today? I saw something a bit like that driving back from Cambridge this evening.

You need to add a link from the main thread back to your personal thread (the post with the photo in) so that people can get to your thread easily to comment.
Have a read of the how-to posts that @Cobra links to.

Interesting shot of the weather front. Was that today? I saw something a bit like that driving back from Cambridge this evening.

You need to add a link from the main thread back to your personal thread (the post with the photo in) so that people can get to your thread easily to comment.
Have a read of the how-to posts that @Cobra links to.
Cheers Tim.

Yes that was today just down the road from my place on the way back from a walk.

Link working :)
Photo has disappeared.

You don't need to delete and re-add (I noticed you did that), there is an edit button that allows you to make changes.

ETA: Now the photo is back :) I must've caught you mid edit.

Link working :)
Photo has disappeared.

You don't need to delete and re-add (I noticed you did that), there is an edit button that allows you to make changes.

ETA: Now the photo is back :) I must've caught you mid edit.
I think Ive done it right now, put the picture and a link to my thread, don't know how to highlight my thread though and make it a weekly one

Top Right hand side of your thread:
1673130059257.png

Click the drop down and select 'edit thread'.
Then in the dialogue box that pops up, you can do the 'Weekly' thing.
You also need this dialog to allow you to edit your title on a weekly basis:
1673130240380.png

Attachments

• 1673130021604.png
    1673130021604.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 0
Top Right hand side of your thread:
View attachment 378036

Click the drop down and select 'edit thread'.
Then in the dialogue box that pops up, you can do the 'Weekly' thing.
You also need this dialog to allow you to edit your title on a weekly basis:
View attachment 378037
Thanks Tim, I'm a complete Neanderthal with this sort of stuff (explains how I got a job in government using a computer)

Given the weather this week.. it's nice to see some blue sky, even if it is under clouds.

The first glance at this shot makes it look like the black cloud is moving across the frame. Despite the gloominess of it, I like it.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, really pleased people like the photo.

I agree with everyone else Keith, a really interesting image, very creative. Good eye.

Nice colours, I think if it were me i'd have been tempted to crop it in to just include the top of the roof on the left hand side, with the pollarded trees and the bands of colour and dark cloud. But, that said, a good start to the 52 (y)

Hi Keith, your image is not showing in the main thread.

Incomplete fits the bill for the theme, I might of took the exposure up a bit make the image "pop" more.

Hi Keith, your image is not showing in the main thread.

Incomplete fits the bill for the theme, I might of took the exposure up a bit make the image "pop" more.
I'm having a right problem remembering how to do the links, followed the instructions several times earlier but getting something wrong.

The link worked fine, it was just the image is missing, so whatever you did to post the image here was right.:)

Gav got there ahead of me!

Artificial flowers - nice with the dewdrops in the grass surrounding them red with the green works nicely.

Transparent works for the theme - candle flame lighting up the red wax nicely. Highlight on the rim is a bit distacting but I don't know if that could be removed in shot by a different angle? Removing in post wouldn;t be too hard though if you have a photoshop or alternative

Last edited:
Artificial flowers - nice with the dewdrops in the grass surrounding them red with the green works nicely.

Transparent works fo rthe theme - candle flame lighting up the red was nicely. Highlight on the rim is a bit distacting but I don;t know if that could be removed in shot by a different angle? Removing in post wouldn;t be too hard though if you have a photoshop or alternative
Thanks Graham, I played around with the exposure on the candle until I got the shot I liked, good point about highlight.
I was really pleased the way the dewdrops came out on the grass.

Superb Buzzard! Lovely shot!

Yep. Really nice. Love the hint of red in the catkins setting off the browns of the bird.

Back