D500

Do you have Auto WB 1 and Auto WB 2 on the D500 like the D750 where 2 is a bit warmer?

It's actually got three options, Auto 0 = keep whites, Auto 1 = Normal & Auto 2 = Keep warm lighting colours. I have the D810 and D500 set to normal.

guys any info on a reliable third party battery supplier for the D500?

guys any info on a reliable third party battery supplier for the D500?
I use ex-pro with my D750, can't tell any difference from the OEM, get the same number of shots etc.

I use ex-pro with my D750, can't tell any difference from the OEM, get the same number of shots etc.

Trouble is there no 3rd party working on D500 at the moment well the ones I've got for the D750 don't work on my D500

Duracell & Maximafoto do D500 compatible, Amazon have them.

poor reviews on amazon though
Everything has poor reviews though, I was looking for something earlier 900+ reviews, 33 said it was rubbish ... personally I've never had issues with Duracell.

I had a Duracell on my D7100 and that was fine even with the poor reviews I had read. No difference to the original Nikon one :)

I bought a D500 a little while ago and find this thread very helpful for tips and advice.

Looking to get a spare battery and have always found Duracell to be as good as Nikon on previous cameras. However looking at amazon reviews, some people do seem to have problems with them. Either they don't work or fail after a few months. The capacity of the Duracell is less at 1400mAh than the Nikon's 1900mAh. If anyone has both, do you notice any difference in the life between charges in the real world? How long have you had the Duracell batteries for? I would prefer to get Duracell if they are OK as they are less than half the price on the Nikon offering.

I bought a D500 a little while ago and find this thread very helpful for tips and advice.

Looking to get a spare battery and have always found Duracell to be as good as Nikon on previous cameras. However looking at amazon reviews, some people do seem to have problems with them. Either they don't work or fail after a few months. The capacity of the Duracell is less at 1400mAh than the Nikon's 1900mAh. If anyone has both, do you notice any difference in the life between charges in the real world? How long have you had the Duracell batteries for? I would prefer to get Duracell if they are OK as they are less than half the price on the Nikon offering.

Thing is with Duracell you have a 2-year warranty IIRC so if it fails it's easy to get it replaced.
For many people the D500 is very battery hungry and the EN-EL15's need several charges initially to get them up to full capacity so some people may be reporting problems that are not the fault of the battery, merely down to the demands of the D500, (it's the most battery hungry I've ever had and I don't go out without a battery in the body and another in the grip).

One from the garden, a lonesome Starling taken with the D500 on a dreary day.

DSC_3216-1000.jpg

Finally looking to put my order in next week!

Noticed someone asked about batteries, but I'd love to know what aftermarket grips people have been using and whether they're still being detected by the camera? Had aftermarket grips for my D800E and D750 and they both struggled to co-operate with the camera after a while.

Has anyone been using the Meike or Pixel Vertax with success to date?

Noticed someone asked about batteries, but I'd love to know what aftermarket grips people have been using and whether they're still being detected by the camera? Had aftermarket grips for my D800E and D750 and they both struggled to co-operate with the camera after a while.

I have the Meike and it's spot on, no issues at all and good build quality.

I have the Meike and it's spot on, no issues at all and good build quality.

Evening Gramps, while on the subject of batteries, do the aftermarket batteries work okay in the grip?

This is what I posted in post #2175 in this thread :

I've had this one (Pixel Vertax) since August 21st and it hasn't been off of my D500 and still going strong.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01J5TBPMI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know Gramps had a problem with his within a few days, which made me a bit dubious in the first few days that I had it, but would highly recommend and wouldn't hesitate to buy another (y)

Evening Gramps, while on the subject of batteries, do the aftermarket batteries work okay in the grip?

I can't give a personal experience Simon as I had enough new Nikon ones to go around, however various users have reported them as being fine as long as it's a new one chipped for D500 and various 3rd party are okay with this now.

ordered a Duracell from amazon prime today....we`ll see but their returns are very good.

Lol... Least it's still Nikon and had my D750 for quite some time so been pretty loyal!

Longs your not a bird shooter that fine ha ha

anyone tried the exp compensation and selected the background only ??
im thinking along the lines of someone infront of a window and you take there pic but it ends up unerexposed
is it any good ?
also if you shoot 4k video what can you replay it on ? cause not all pc's and tv' have 4k capability

anyone tried the exp compensation and selected the background only ??
im thinking along the lines of someone infront of a window and you take there pic but it ends up unerexposed
is it any good ?
also if you shoot 4k video what can you replay it on ? cause not all pc's and tv' have 4k capability
Is background only comp not referring to the flash exp comp?

dont really know !!
Assuming it's the same as the D750 (which I believe it is) then background only refers to when using flash. I can't even begin to think how a camera could expose differently for the background and foreground as it's just one exposure. When using flash you have two exposures effectively, ie ambient light and flash light therefore you can expose the subject differently to the ambient/background.

Back