D500

Touchscreen, around 10FPS and up to 200 continuous in RAW - The perfect airshow camera!

Also the first camera to use the new Snap Bridge connection with Smart devices (Use it with your phone or tablet in other words)

Last edited:
This is the camera I wanted in 2014 to replace my D300s. Damn Nikon you clever, as I got a FX camera instead :)

As I'm not an expert on these things, would it be expected that even a top line DX sensor like this would be more noisy than for example an FX sensor like the d810 at higher ISO?

As I'm not an expert on these things, would it be expected that even a top line DX sensor like this would be more noisy than for example an FX sensor like the d810 at higher ISO?

Yes.

Looks good spec and seems long overdue. The spec seems its a big leap over the D300s, better than the small improvements in the D7xxx series. Looks like they may have taken a leaf out of Canon updates of the 7D range.

Hopefully this will drop the used prices of the D300s and the D7xxx range as I want to get back to a Nikon DX body but this new one will be well out of my price range.

$2000 or that will be £2000 in the UK thankyou. That will be another D750 then I think.

Quite possibly, but not everyone wants FX, i know i don't (been there, tried it, went back to DX), but as the native ISO is now up to 51200 (over the 25600 of the D7200) i suspect it will be the best DX sensor in terms of high ISO capablility

Last edited:
Back