D90 Owners Thread - Anything D90 related

Notice you have loads of car shots on Flickr!! Do you have a car fetish? lol :D

Anyway, easy way to set ISO to manual? Looked but not sure.

I have 2x d90 and a range of glass, use these for weddings.

I find they punch above their weight with a good bit of glass.
I tried a 24-70 2.8 on mine on Thurs night and was impressed. The downside has been that I now want a 24-70...:D

intel86 said:
What do people recommend as a good but economically priced flash for a D90?

Picked up a new sb-700 today.

What an upgrade on my other 2 sb-600.

Considering they are very reasonably priced at £230 new, the 700 has alot more features and I may even be tempted to get a second instead of a 900.

Great new kit from Nikon.

Would the Nikon AF-S 35mm f1.8 F DX Lens work okay with the D90 ?

Thanks

It's £1200 you will not regret spending and will last past your body.
Its a lot of money, but I think the focal length would suit my needs well. And as you say - will last past my D90 - and also a great lens if I ever go to a D700...

Nikon AF-S DX 35mm f1.8G

That, i would love to own!! Is it a better choice than a 50mm?

hyeongsoong said:
If you shoot in A mode then the wheel behind the shutter change the ISO. the one in front change the Aperture.;)

I never knew that :) I thought it was redundant.

Its a lot of money, but I think the focal length would suit my needs well. And as you say - will last past my D90 - and also a great lens if I ever go to a D700...

I have seen the AF-S 35mm f1 GDX lens advertized at ₤154.00. I guess you must be lookin elswhere.

As i cant access the for sale section yet, how much would a mint D90 with under 1,000 actuations and a 50mm 1.8D go for 2nd hand? I am thinking of going back to Canon as i tried my mates 50D yesterday and much prefer how it feels in the hand.

I am new to the forum and about to own a Nikon D90 body. I need a good all-purpose lens to do bit of landscapes, architecture (in low light as well) and portraits as well. I am thinking of Tamron 17-50 mm F/2.8 (non-VC). My question is if I go for this lens, do I really need Nikon 50 mm F/1.8 Prime lens just for portraits? I would like to know if Nikon 50 mm F/1.8 has something that Tamron 17-50 mm can't do.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Last edited:
50mm 1.8 is an awesome lens!! Great for portraits and anything really! Fantastic in low light. Bokeh is awesome too. I wouldnt be without a 50mm!!!

@intel68: Thanks for your response. I have no experience of using any of these lenses including Nikon 50 mm F/1.8, but what people around me who have, mentioned that 50 mm is bit softer down at F/1.8. If that’s the case, should I still consider it when focal length of 50 mm is already covered by my Tamron?

@intel68: Thanks for your response. I have no experience of using any of these lenses including Nikon 50 mm F/1.8, but what people around me who have, mentioned that 50 mm is bit softer down at F/1.8. If that’s the case, should I still consider it when focal length of 50 mm is already covered by my Tamron?

The new 50mmF1.8G is fairly sharp at 1.8. beside you could always step down to F2.2 .

anyone have a cheap MB-d80?

I got the Meike grip off the bay from Link Delight for £22 delivered from Hong Kong. Delivery took 6 days, and I couldn't be more chuffed with it. Never had a problem with it, buttons and grip feel solid. Having seen and felt the legit Nikon version, I could never justify spending the extra money on the Nikon version.

Back