Dancing Paint..

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Have been trying to get round to giving these a go, so with the weather being crap finally got round to my 1st attempt. 2 snooted flash guns either side on 1/32 power but very close to subject, poster paints mixed with water then placed on a black balloon which was wrapped around a bass speaker and then cranked up the volume and fired away.

84108395.jpg

62794719.jpg

98081289.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Carl.

Wow, I really like this. Definitely inspired me to try and give it a go! Number one has got to be my favourite.

I think a red white and blue, union jack coloured one would look pretty cool.

Good work

Great set really like the colours will defo be giving this a go thanks for the inspiration

Those are absolutely superb! Well done in giving it a go and pulling it off. This thread is clearly my "TP Photos Of The Day" today. (y) (y) (y)

Marvellous!

Just curious about the "Balloon wrapped around a bass speaker" bit...how did you do this?

I am definitely going to give this a go! Would the missus object if I did it on the dining room table? Does it make mess further away from the centre? :)

Thanks for the comments, going to have another bash at weekend again.

Marvellous!

Just curious about the "Balloon wrapped around a bass speaker" bit...how did you do this?

I am definitely going to give this a go! Would the missus object if I did it on the dining room table? Does it make mess further away from the centre? :)
....i loosened the speaker and wrapped the balloon around the speaker and then lay the speaker back down loose (if that makes sense)...and it was a bit messy but all easily cleaned up after, i will post a pic of the setup if it helps when i try them again at weekend.

Carl.

Really well done (y) I keep telling myself to have a go at this :cool:... Perhaps one day.

How fabulous is this!!!!! :D

Thanks for the comments, going to have another bash at weekend again.

....i loosened the speaker and wrapped the balloon around the speaker and then lay the speaker back down loose (if that makes sense)...and it was a bit messy but all easily cleaned up after, i will post a pic of the setup if it helps when i try them again at weekend.

Carl.

Yeah, sounds good. A set up shot would be great. Kids have got some big painting tablecloth things I can cover the table with. :)

Carl.

I've thought about using a cardboard tube, with the paint surface at one end and the speaker at the other.

Hi Carl
Very nice, good colors, nice sharpness. What paint are you using?
When I did this last year I used Crayola kids paint works really well.
I have found that if you keep the balloon dry the paint will stay in one place and not separate or move. Also try adjusting the sound volume to get different effects.
I use latex balloons as they last longer. I also use something like an old credit card to clean the surface of the balloon after each event. I have one of my images accepted in the Bristol international and one shown at a national competition in Warwick.
If you want to have a look at my stuff go back a few pages in threads I started.
Looking forward to seeing more.

Back