Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

I like your doggy pic! Especially the way the dog in the background is mirroring the head angle. Nice depth of field... and if anyone else has already said that..... :banghead::ROFLMAO:
Thanks Bebop!

Great capture, very sharp for the dog in the foreground and enough detail that you can see that the dog in the background mirrors exactly his position!

Great capture, very sharp for the dog in the foreground and enough detail that you can see that the dog in the background mirrors exactly his position!
Thanks Bernd, it was more luck than anything else. The camera I was using has no viewfinder, only an LCD screen so I had to rely on the camera's ability to grab my dog Cooper in the front. I was lucky that the capture of Gracie in the back came out as well as it did.

What's left when an Icelandic Poppy is DONE. I always have trouble growing them but these ones seem to have taken to the garden well.

Apr 18 (1 of 1) (2).jpg

Nice close up Bill, lots of detail and interesting processing too.

Great DoF which gives a sense of movement.
Have tried growing those from seed - they never showed up :)

Interesting colouring there, restricting the gamut.
Works nicely.
I wouldn't have known what the flower was (that said, I can probably recognise a rose or daisy ;) )
Thanks Tim, I thought that I'd try something a little different than a traditional black and white.

Great DoF which gives a sense of movement.
Have tried growing those from seed - they never showed up :)
Thanks Helen, I have to say that I cheated and bought the mature plant. I haven't had any luck growing them from seed either...:p

Back the to Icelandic poppies...rather than "done" these ones have yet to bloom. I've been playing with focus stacking. This is a blending of 8 images. I'm surprised that it turned out given that that day was rather windy.

Apr 25 (1 of 1).jpg

Interesting processing on your Poppy, works very well, and to be honest is better than the colour version.
I like the younger version as well.

Pete

Turned out well as well. Nice shot, and interesting to see the other state of these plants life. Good combination of chaos and order.
Thanks Shugpug, I've had a pink blossom, a salmon coloured blossom and now there's a lemon yellow blossom:

Apr 29 (1 of 1)-4.jpg

Back