Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

A nice selection for showcase. The one you picked is very atmospheric.
Right choice I think.
The light catching the smoke/steam? is excellent.
Right choice, great light in the first picture.
Out of a very good set, I too like the one you've picked. Great lighting and atmosphere. Looks good in mono.
Abstract
I can see where you're coming from with the same dunes. It certainly looks like a seascape.

Showcase
I really like your China town shot. The light and steam/smoke give great atmosphere.
Great picture, and whilst the run ups are nice, I think you've picked the right one! The light through the smoke/stream is great.
Nice set there and yes - right one selected :)
Wow, great set of photos there.
Lots of lovely photos, but I also think you chose the right one - really like the light coming through the steam and all the men at work.
I remember that one at the time. It is definitely the best for me. Beautifully lit and composed - it has great atmosphere.

Thank you all for your very nice comments and I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I hope that 2021 brings us all closer together as we (hopefully) reach the end of this miserable pandemic. 2020 has been exhausting for me as I'm sure it's been for all of us so please excuse my laziness for not thanking you each individually.

I'm looking forward to the 2021 52 week challenge and I'm supplementing it with my own project of 52 printed pictures that I can journal about (something I've never done before).

Thank you all again!

I'm not much of a portrait photographer so I thought that I'd try something a little out of my comfort zone (two images combined, one in focus and one out of focus)

1dinah (1 of 1) (2).jpg

Last edited:
It's not obviously a composite, so that's well put together :)
Her face is nicely lit, which must've been a challenge in the natural light present in the evening/night.
Thanks Tim, I think it turned out okay. There wasn't too much light from the sky, the sun was fully set and it was cloudy.

Thanks Bebop. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Back