weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Both your Sharp shots are right on theme Sir, prefer the fork shot but the teasel shot is probably the stronger for this theme.(y)

George.

I like the teasel shot and it works very well with the black surface.
The forks are excellent but prefer the teasel for the theme.

They both work well for me, Dave (y) I would probably have preferred to see the whole of the teasel but you've captured it all in the reflection and it definitely has plenty of sharp points. The second one works very well with the high contrast and black and white tones, and it's my preferred image for those reasons.

They both work well for me, Dave (y) I would probably have preferred to see the whole of the teasel but you've captured it all in the reflection and it definitely has plenty of sharp points. The second one works very well with the high contrast and black and white tones, and it's my preferred image for those reasons.

Thank you Andrea for the comment and looking, the top did not look right hence the crop.

Thank you Andrea for the comment and looking, the top did not look right hence the crop.

Ah, that explains it :) I do like the effect with the acrylic sheet and it works especially well with the forks. I may use mine for this theme; hopefully I'll get time before Thursday!

Ah, that explains it :) I do like the effect with the acrylic sheet and it works especially well with the forks. I may use mine for this theme; hopefully I'll get time before Thursday!

It was in the Fuji forum on here that gave me the idea, so I will be having some fun when my other sheet arrives :)

Sharp
I like the teasel, but think it would be better if you had included the top, It's a nice reflection though.

2 cracking shots for Sharp Dave. I think the teasel slightly beats the forks.
Good use of a mirror.

Pete

Sharp
I like the teasel, but think it would be better if you had included the top, It's a nice reflection though.

Thank you for the comment Dominic.

2 cracking shots for Sharp Dave. I think the teasel slightly beats the forks.
Good use of a mirror.

Pete

Thank you Pete for the comment. It is a A4 size sheet of acrylic perplex black :)

Cracking shots for Sharp Dave, love the use of the reflections!

Both sharp shots work well, plenty to look at.
I think the teasel is slightly ahead of the forks though.

Week 6 - It’s You! You got picked on my comment rota. Of the two I prefer the teasel for the warm colour. Crop works for me.

Age - The Bill Maynard look alike is a great character shot and my preferred of the two.
Sharp - I like the Teasle best for the theme but I like the forks too great reflections in both

I like the teasel idea Dave, but would have preferred to see all of the head. Im not sure if its my eyes, but something about the head doesnt quite feel or look quite as sharply focused as it should ?

I like the teasel idea Dave, but would have preferred to see all of the head. Im not sure if its my eyes, but something about the head doesnt quite feel or look quite as sharply focused as it should ?

The teasel fro me Dave. With the reflections you've captured the sharp yet delicate nature of it.

Thank you both for the comments and looking :)

Your “Guard” shots work for me Sir, both fit the theme with the mono shot being the stronger in my book.(y)

George.

Age(ing) - I have to agree with the others the first image says it all really.

Sharp - I like the idea of the first image, but I am not sure the composition works for the item. Your fork image is lovely, nicely lit and good detail, the simplicity of the image works well.

Guard(ed) - the second shot for me as well the mono works much better.

Well I'm going for colour .... doesn't show much of the guard but it's the more interesting side and there are some nice colours there. :)

Age(ing) - I have to agree with the others the first image says it all really.

Sharp - I like the idea of the first image, but I am not sure the composition works for the item. Your fork image is lovely, nicely lit and good detail, the simplicity of the image works well.

Guard(ed) - the second shot for me as well the mono works much better.

Thank you Mandy for the comment and looking.

Back