weekly De88ie's 52 2016 - Week 49 50 51

Good idea for the theme Debbie, nice arrangement of colours and details but perhaps could have had a tad more DoF?

I'm with Chris @sirch ... the DOF is a bit too shallow for my liking. But good idea and clever arrangement. :)

Last edited:
Lovely sharp image and beautiful light washing the brickwork. Great choice of subject for the theme .... never ever to be forgotten.:clap:

Thank you. We had just had a heavy downpour, then it stopped and the clouds parted and bathed the monument in golden light.

Well, you stolen shot Debbie! (Just kidding, though my first idea was just about identical to your photo for this week :) ).

It's bang on topic for me naturally, but I can't help but think it needs a little cropping. Either the date from the right hand side to square it up, the sky from the top or perhaps both? Nice colours and the lighting changing towards the RHS of the frame is nice too :)

Like the composition for Size and the dof you chose really suits it.

Really liking the light in Forgotten. That golden sunlight really works well. Try cropping off the rhs so that the focus is on the three lists of people.

Forgotten, really nice memorial. Well exposed and good detail.

I'd prefer it to be symmetrical and with a crop to remove the trees.

Cheers.

Lovely image Debbie fits the theme perfectly.

Lovely and sharp love the lighting very nice indeed

Forgotten, 2nd image even better than the 1st, great idea Debbie, loving the subtle colours and textures
Well spotted and captured :)

Colourful - Great shot very colourful I don't think it matters that the hand of the main focal character is in front of the others face, the fact he is drikin from his tankard makes it more interesting to me.
Entrance - I like the wet footprints they give it interest.
Size - I like that you have different size references ood composition
Forgotten - (not) great choice for the theme super shot

I kind of prefer the first edit Debbie, as it places it in the environment.
The second edit accentuates the fact that the horizontals and verticals are off (mainly because it was taken at an angle).

Thank you Tim, I played around with the horizontals and verticals but couldn't align them as the wall is curved. Cheers.

ahhh! Now that's a nice shot ! Stone - with great light and colour. Love the POV with the convergence of likes in the shot. Interesting image - leads the eye beautifully! Well done Debbie!

I like that a lot, Debbie! A lot of stone, naturally. Great textures, detail, lines and the dappled light / shaded areas providing extra interest. DoF is spot on too.

Really well done :)

Hi Debbie. I like the line of moss covered bricks on the wall that act as a leading line, taking the viewer up and over the bridge. Lovely textures and colours.

Blimey someone was quick off the Mark :)

As already mentioned, nice colours and textures Debbie.

Blimey, "Stone" was quick Debbie.
I like the way that the image itself is the leading line, you've captured the bridge and the stone itself well.
Is it a canal bridge? It has the feel of the bridges they use to move the towpath from one side to another.

My guessing is a packhorse bridge would like to see a bit more of it maybe

P4101177.JPG
Thanks for all the nice comments. Allan here is the bridge and i think you are correct.

Last edited:
2 great shots for Stone Debbie I realy like the details in the first one but the feel of the 2nd makes me want to be able to sit on the back watching the world go by

Creative stuff Debbie ... shooting that bridge from that POV, with stone everywhere.

Back