weekly De88ie's 52 2016 - Week 49 50 51

Thankyou Stan, i realised it was cross posted. I didn't actually realise the iso was so high when i took the photo, only realised in editing.

Lovely lighting there Debbie, and a great image.

If Pixel peeping it seems slightly soft, but at any reasonable viewing size it looks good, and I would think would print off nicely.
Having watched a number of re-touching videos on Scott Kelby recently (Kristina Sherk from Shark Pixels), slightly darkening your daughter's right arm (and maybe left wrist) would mean that your eyes would naturally go to the brightest spot, which would be her face (currently all 3 areas are the same brightness).

:clap:

Lovely lighting there Debbie, and a great image.

If Pixel peeping it seems slightly soft, but at any reasonable viewing size it looks good, and I would think would print off nicely.
Having watched a number of re-touching videos on Scott Kelby recently (Kristina Sherk from Shark Pixels), slightly darkening your daughter's right arm (and maybe left wrist) would mean that your eyes would naturally go to the brightest spot, which would be her face (currently all 3 areas are the same brightness).

:clap:
Very interesting Tim, thank you. I will take a look at the videos and give this a go. Thankyou so much, i do appreciate it.

Thankyou all , very kind, helpful comments. So pleased as this is a photo of my youngest daughter.

That really is a lovely photo, the light is very good. A really tiny nit-pick is the reflection on the window behind but an excellent image none-the-less.

Hi Debbie. Yep, Cultural works for me too for all the reasons others have mentioned. Arrange is a cracker ... yes, I know it's a bauble, what I meant was it's a cracking shot. Excellent the way the soft light catches the young lady's face and arms.

Great picture for culture, I like the grain and the processing. And great portrait for arrange, well lit, well composed and very sharp.

Two great shots Debbie - cultural was a great idea and very nicely framed, although I think the grain is a bit heavy for me. Cultural is a wonderful shot as everyone has said - so warm and colourful with lovely light and I love the look of concentration on your daughter's face.

Thankyou Shirley for your lovely comment. I have to confess the wedding was in the summer but i couldn't resist using the photo. I just wish i was able to sharpen it enough to have it framed, I'm just not skilled enough yet. Thankyou again.

Nice catch up Debbie love the Reindeer image (y)

I just wish i was able to sharpen it enough to have it framed,
I'm afraid its too pixalated to recover ( if that the quality of the full size)
You could possibly go for a canvas effect though?

Debbie-edit.jpg

Thankyou Shirley for your lovely comment. I have to confess the wedding was in the summer but i couldn't resist using the photo. I just wish i was able to sharpen it enough to have it framed, I'm just not skilled enough yet. Thankyou again.
My comment is else where hanging on the edge of the shredder, Happy Christmas Debbie. A beautiful photo full of laughter and celebration, the perfect ending.:):clap:

Hi Debbie.

Well, you got me confused there, and double checking the list.
That's 50/51/51. not 49/50/51 (unless you plan of coercing @Cobra into digging a final ball from the bag for 2016)

Anyways :)

50 - Male/Female - Yes, on theme (I have no idea which is which though). Very amusing image there :)
51 - Out & About - Lovely Reindeer shot, lovely and festive. Spot on with the focus on the eye (y)
51 - Celebration - I can see what you mean about wishing you'd had more than just the iPhone, it doesn't stand up to viewing at 100% Cobra's edit though brings it back to life. I wonder if you would get away with printing it on Canvas, seeing as it looks good like that.

Gratz on getting to the end of the 2016 52 :)

Hi Debbie. Ha ha - Strewth! love a duck - you're so right, that one could be any of the three themes.

Out & About - Well Rudolph certainly did get out and about, even came here. Lovely colourful shot and nicely sharp too.

Celebrate - Beautiful candid shot - love the happiness captured in that single instant. Works well both per original (which seems to me to have an oil painting feel to it) or as canvas texture.

Excellent catch-up.

Good duck bottoms photo, very versatile!
Very sharp photo for out and about, and I like the composition. Is that a real animal?
And your wedding photo is very joyful, and works very well for the theme.

Hi Debbie, you made it ...well done :)

Bottoms up is brill what a funny sight they make.
Reindeer is spot on for the season, he looks as if he's standing very patiently.
Celebration, ...yes, such a shame about the quality, there are a number of artistic effects you can use, I wonder if an oil painting effect may work too, it has that look about it. Smashing photo though, they certainly do look happy.

Back