Diffused Flash test

Good examples of the diffusion Dan. It's amazing what a bit of kitchen towel will do. did you use on board flash?

A bit of kitchen towel can even diffuse the harsh very directional on board flashes nicely.

Good examples of the diffusion Dan. It's amazing what a bit of kitchen towel will do. did you use on board flash?

A bit of kitchen towel can even diffuse the harsh very directional on board flashes nicely.

My onboard flash would never light these :)

I was hand holding a sigma em-140 ring flash.

Cheers,

The ladybird was easy enough :) It was on a leaf that that was bent the wrong way - it wouldn't bend so I took the leaf off the plant :)

The ladybird stayed unmoving, even after the leaf got blown on the floor and I picked it back up.

The rest don't stay still quite the same..

Three's a cracking shot

Nice set Dan and the diffusion has worked well but have you thought about just dialing down the flash exposure using compensation though ?

Jim

Last edited:
Nice set Dan and the diffusion hasorked well but have you thought about just dialing down the flash exposure using compensation though ?

Jim

Hello Mr Jim :)

Actually I have been playing with that lately - thanks! on some ants no less :)

super shots. the more I see of these in the forums the more I want a dedicated macro lens.

Back