Dizzy - My 52!! 52.26 Night

nice cheeky shot. Looks a tad soft and I would boost the contrast a touch too . Well Done

Jon

He looks like a cracking wee lad, you have caught him well and it fits the theme really well.

Very good :clap: Developing nicely... just watch those shins...

Hello Dizzy, post exam and ready to start catching up with comments and my you have been a busy bee since I was last here!:naughty:

Complex:
This as usual for you is a nice B&W shot. I like the idea behind the shot and it works both for the theme and technically.

Time:
Composition, clarity, B&W all work well and such good news too! Congratulations to you both!!

Inspiration:
Love the fact that you are trying a different technique especially as I've never heard of it. I too had a fandabbydozy grandad so I can relate to how a grandad can be so special.

Development:
Aaahh this little man has a great expression on his face, another great shot.

:clap::clap::clap:

I like the Inspiration shot, a clever idea and one that works for me.

Development - another good idea and one that could form part of a very long set!

Keep em coming(y)

There you go again ...... showing black and white is the way forward :LOL:

I Love the Inspiration picture, and the brainwave of shooting it through an old view finder. I do agrre there´s al ittle too much empty space though.

As for Development,a picture his parents will be very proud of. It´s a rare photograph of a male multitasking :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well done :clap::clap:

It´s a rare photograph of a male multitasking :LOL::LOL::LOL:
How very rude! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Great shot. fantastic job to capture that expression and spot-on with the PP. nice work! (y)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the very kind C&C, he really is a character! Rumour has it that I am actually going to get a day off on tuesday so the computer at home will be up and running. I promise to catch up with proper thanks and to finally get to see what everyone else has done for the last few weeks. I can't wait to see!!! :D

52.25 Freedom. Firstly, thanks to Richie for letting me use his computer to upload and process this and also to Steve Howell for being my 'model' this week! As a career soldier, freedom has so many meanings for me that I'd loved to have explored in more depth. Unfortunately, work has been relentless and all the things I'd have liked to do needed to be back in the UK. So, thought I'd try to think of something completely obscure! As I've mentioned before, I used to be an elite cyclist and the first thing that came to mind was the freedom I felt when I was out on my own flying down a nice decent. Thankfully, one of the guys I work with was happy to volunteer for this in exchange for something to put on his wall. I've covered a few bike races with the camera quite a while ago, but I wanted to practice techniques and develop and as a result a much slower shutter speed for some panning - something that I've never really done before. The whole thing was hampered by the fact that it had to be done at high noon on a scorching desert day. Having got back and seen it on the computer I'd have been much happier doing this in better light, but beggers can't be choosers. :bonk:

Here we are then, 52.25 Freedom - A true sense of freedom

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/fo...allery/data/500/52_25_Freedom.jpg[/img][/url]

showphoto.php

Last edited:
David, thats superb.

Really mate, you are Class swot this week.

Love the donwhill feel, the background blur, the sense of speed, well done, its one to be proud of.

Apart from roasting the volunteer and photographer, I really like the hard shadow almost directly underneath that high noon has caused. Excellent sense of motion and speed, well panned, and a great take on the theme.

What a fantastic capture :clap::clap::clap:

The feeling of freedom from the speed indicated by the background blur really sets this apart. Top class David :1st: for me this week (y)

I like this...you did very well with the harsh light
Jon

wow - i've just read this from start to finish - i love the way your mind works - a real photographers mind, with amazing shots, amazing composition, but most importantly - tha 'x' factor!

your photos and skill are an inspiration to a new comer into this game like me.

David, thats superb.

Really mate, you are Class swot this week.

Love the donwhill feel, the background blur, the sense of speed, well done, its one to be proud of.

Not much I can add for this superb shot...:clap::clap::clap:

Sorry David seem to have miss your other two shots...

Inspiration...what a great twist you have got with this shot...very clever...:clap:

Development... yet again a very nice shot and very fitting with the theme...

All good stuff mate...(y)

Another great shot from you. I love the sense of movement the position of the light/shadows and the B&W treatment. Excellent!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a great interpretation, I think you've handled the light really well. The panning is good and the mono conversion adds to the picture too.

Great stuff:clap:

Mark(y)

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. It's 4.40am here and i'm back in from yet another 12 hour shift out in the desert and the good news, I've got the laptop wheezing in to life again!!! I'm just going to pop up my shot for night and then go to bed. Promise I can now catch up on everyones that I've missed out on seeing. I can't wait to see!!!

52.26 Night. Absolutely mental few weeks at work and an entire night in the emergency room with Jo after a little scare. I desperately wanted to do start trails as I've never done it before. Unfortunately, there has been a very bright full moon all week and there's been loads of clouds. But hey, I'm not easily defeated. I thought I'd give it a go anyway. I can see lots of things that I'd like to improve and the next reshoot will definitely see this one reattempted, maybe even using wet film? Anyway, I'm very tired and off to bed now so here we have 52.26 Night - Stars Shining up above you!

3701151462_902e07727d_o.jpg

Welcome back on line and I hope Jo's fine (y)

I like this shot (y) and I'm surprised it's not monochrome coming from you ;)

The moonlight has obviously had an effect in that, because of the length of the exposure, the foreground is very light. I think it would also work with a square crop as it would look abstract and surreal without the foreground.

Hope life settles down a bit for you soon - I don't know where you get the energy from to keep going with this.

And I can't get that song out of my head now :razz:

I hope Jo's all fine now...

As for the shot. I like it. Looking east, you can see the day just beginning, and the shorter trails have worked out well. The clouds are always a pain but can enhance some images and I think they have here... It looks like Jupiter has just made his way above your horizon too from that image. It's a good angle on Polaris too, just out of shot upper left.

Welcome back on line and I hope Jo's fine (y)

I like this shot (y) and I'm surprised it's not monochrome coming from you ;)

The moonlight has obviously had an effect in that, because of the length of the exposure, the foreground is very light. I think it would also work with a square crop as it would look abstract and surreal without the foreground.

Hope life settles down a bit for you soon - I don't know where you get the energy from to keep going with this.

And I can't get that song out of my head now :razz:

tee hee, I wondered if it would have that effect!! The moon was incredibly bright and the situation wasn't helped by loads of cars suddenly driving past. Half 3 in the morning in the desert, where were they going??? Grrrr. Not always mono-man, I like to keep everyone on their toes!!

I hope Jo's all fine now...

As for the shot. I like it. Looking east, you can see the day just beginning, and the shorter trails have worked out well. The clouds are always a pain but can enhance some images and I think they have here... It looks like Jupiter has just made his way above your horizon too from that image. It's a good angle on Polaris too, just out of shot upper left.

She's not too bad, but will need very close monitoring thanks. That's what comes from having another at our age!! We were watching the very bright one rising above the mountain and I did wonder if it was a planet. Looks like I might be tapping you up for some advice when I do this again!!

There's something about that image that I keep wanting to look back at. I think it might be the combination of the "daylight" looking foreground against the starry backdrop. Whatever it is, IMO there's something really appealing about it !

Very kind of you to say, thank you.

Another great shot from you...:clap::clap::clap:

I agree with SarahLee it one that you keep coming back to take another look...excellent work David...(y)

She's not too bad, but will need very close monitoring thanks. That's what comes from having another at our age!! We were watching the very bright one rising above the mountain and I did wonder if it was a planet. Looks like I might be tapping you up for some advice when I do this again!!

That's good, and closely monitored to, hope things continue to go well for you both. As for Jupiter, take a look in a pair of 10x50 bino's if you've got them. It becomes clearly more than a star, and if you look closely, you should be able to see some of the 4 larger (Galillean) moons in close to the planet. In fact, you can take a pic with as short as 250mm and see the moons in the image... it won't be great (you have to crop most of the image away) but they'll be there.

Another great shot from you...:clap:

I agree with SarahLee it one that you keep coming back to take another look...excellent work David...(y)

Cheers Marcus. I think there's going to be a few more tries at this sort of thing as it really did appeal to me!

Simply stunning Dizzy :)

Very kind indeed, thank you!

Well done - very eye catching shot. Excellent take on the theme. Lots of (y)

I hope Jo and Junior are both ok. :hug: from me. It must have been a horrible night.

Jean

Thanks Jean. She's got Placenta previa (sp?) which was only diagnosed at this stage due to some bleeding on friday night. It was worth being stuck there all night to find out as now they're keeping a very close eye on her and she's on strict orders to keep her feet up!!

That's good, and closely monitored to, hope things continue to go well for you both. As for Jupiter, take a look in a pair of 10x50 bino's if you've got them. It becomes clearly more than a star, and if you look closely, you should be able to see some of the 4 larger (Galillean) moons in close to the planet. In fact, you can take a pic with as short as 250mm and see the moons in the image... it won't be great (you have to crop most of the image away) but they'll be there.

That sounds fab! Thanks. I have to say that i really enjoyed doing this and I'll be researching it a bit more before next time.

Just a quick note to say that my catch up will continue next week and I apologise in advance if I'm slightly late (again) this week. We're flying back to England today, arrive tomorrow and then will be horribly jet lagged! It'll be nice to be back, fish and chips and a pint of pedigree all set up for saturday night so don't be surprised if you get a picture of a pint of beer for highlight!!!

Very nice shot Dizzy, love the startrails and that wisp of cloud, they way it changes between daylight and night from bottom to top.

Good stuff.

Back