Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

@Jimwah love those two images.. fantastic..

A Couple of mine
View attachment 18846
zazu7u6e.jpg

y9uzavub.jpg

30a87q0.jpg
14ae6ax.jpg
5u1r5.jpg

Thanks very much :) He does a good impression of a well-behaved spaniel when I get the camera out, 10 seconds before and after each shot he's running through the undergrowth at 30mph or splashing about in puddles :D
LOL. well thats what they do best. I just really love the photography style and finish. there is a real movie like quality to them. great job..

I was wondering the same thing very helpful might have to give that a try with my spaniel some time

Thanks Chris! No i don't mind at all! I used a flash gun through a soft box camera left, and a second flashgun with a grid camera right on low power to add some fill to his face. Both triggered by the cameras pop up flash.

Thanks Matt. Got the kit so I'm going to give that a go.
Don't know whether I'm more impressed with your shot, or the fact that you managed to get your beagle to pose for long enough.....

Thanks Matt - yeah of course, just lit with a big, cheap soft box from amazon, on a stand to the left and above the subject, placed nice and close. The flash is just a Yongnuo YN 560 II I think, triggered using an old set of Yongnuo RF 602 wireless triggers. Actually could've done with just a little more light to the right side, a little reflector would've done it, but I didn't want it totally blasted with light as pics tend to lose impact without any nice shadow IMO.

Back