Donations required - member needs help (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:clap::clap:

Oh Excellent Trevor, just the job!

Darren you are a star and a huge thanks to Stewart too.

And to everyone else donating cash and/or bits and pieces, you are all utter stars :clap:

Anyone got an ETTL cable so wheels can do some OCF? :D
Anyone know Flash's pricing on one? :)

Flash in the pan is a most generous person!

I am currently speaking to him in relation to this project and he has already made a fantastic offer of a YN565 flash, diffuser and the stroboclamp. Unfortunately we need to mount the flash off camera anyway to reduce the weight of the camera & lens combination and with the flash on top Julian would have reduced visibilty in front of him so the SB600 wirelessly would be better and we have the funds for this. Graham is really wanting to get involved so we are just discussing what we can get instead and a TTL cable is on the list with other items of his trickery :LOL:

Total donations so far......

£2498 (BT & paypal) - Via Rob's account

£4.63 - Via my account

Plus

2 x 4 packs of Eneloops
2 x EN-EL3 batteries
3 x Manfrotto super clamp
2 x Manfrotto arm kit
1 x Battery charger
1 x SB600 diffuser
1 x cleaning kit
1 x Peli 1550 case
1 x Nikon Bag
1 x 4gb card

Plus items from flash in the pan!

CURRENT POSITION

You have and are still doing a fantastic job, this is an amazing event your doing and I still cant work out that your doing this for me and mine. I am pleased to see things are now coming to a stop donations wise. As it is the project your working on I would never ever have managed to achieve in the next 30 years. (Assuming that summat else like a bomb, crash or stroke dont occur):LOL:

Each and everyone of you have a place in my heart .

I've read both threads but can't remember a card reader being mentioned :shrug:

Paul

(Assuming that summat else like a bomb, crash or stroke dont occur):LOL:

Well don't worry - bad things come in threes - you've had your three bad, now for the first good, and if I were you, I'd start investing in lottery tickets - surely there must be another 2 good to come? ;) :LOL:

You have and are still doing a fantastic job, this is an amazing event your doing and I still cant work out that your doing this for me and mine. I am pleased to see things are now coming to a stop donations wise. As it is the project your working on I would never ever have managed to achieve in the next 30 years. (Assuming that summat else like a bomb, crash or stroke dont occur):LOL:

Each and everyone of you have a place in my heart .

Arr shucks :D

Yes the donations seem to have stopped for money but I have been pointing people towards specific items which is nice for them as they know exactly what they have bought and nice for you as we know they are off the list then.

Well don't worry - bad things come in threes - you've had your three bad, now for the first good, and if I were you, I'd start investing in lottery tickets - surely there must be another 2 good to come? ;) :LOL:

This 1 is covering me for all future good luck (y)

Flash in the pan is a most generous person!

:LOL:

I did wonder what was going on there and quite prepared to get the TTL cable for you but if that's already sorted I'm going to have to go and examine the contents of the loft to see if there is anything you have not covered already!! :love:

Nice one Flash (y)

Arr shucks :D

Yes the donations seem to have stopped for money but I have been pointing people towards specific items which is nice for them as they know exactly what they have bought and nice for you as we know they are off the list then.

I am assuming that people are not donating cash and then purchasing stuff on top. Is that right?

I know Ive very lucky Just Dave , very very very lucky

Right Graham Flash in the pan has, after some discussion, come up with a fantastic donation.

He is going to donate......

3.6m ttl cord
a set of triggers
a new-type umbrella adapter

This will make connecting the flash much easier and with the addition of the trigger will mean that Julian can take some pictures of the family with him in them !!

Shameless plug:

Anyone who hasn't had a look at Graham's "shop" it is located here >> LINK and there are some really useful items.

How about some sort of pull over rain cover for the chair to protect the equipment. Wouldn't want Julian to get caught out, plus it'll eliminate the weather as being an excuse for not togging ;)

Googling what's available nw :)

I feel awful for what happened to that member losing all her equipment

So as it stands now we have....

Updated at 18:15 29th May

Total donations

£2498 (BT & paypal) - Via Rob's account

£4.63 - Via my account

Plus

2 x 4 packs of Eneloops
2 x EN-EL3 batteries
3 x Manfrotto super clamp
2 x Manfrotto arm kit
1 x Battery charger
1 x SB600 diffuser
1 x cleaning kit
1 x Peli 1550 case
1 x Nikon Bag
1 x 4gb card
1 x 3.6m ttl cord
1 x set of radio triggers
1 x new-type umbrella adapter

===========================​

Special price £1618 from Stuart at Digital Depot:

Nikon D300s
Nikon 18-200 vr
Nikon Bag & 4gb card (generously offered for free with the order)

Awaiting price on these from Stuart:

Nikon SB600
Manfrotto 222 joystick grip LINK
Manfrotto super clamp LINK
Manfrotto arm LINK

Purchasing £211 from Car Computer

Lilliput External screen LINK
Battery pack for the above

Donated by Manfrotto importers

Manfrotto super clamp
Manfrotto arm

Donated by TrevorBray

Manfrotto super clamp
Manfrotto arm

Donated by OneTen

Brand new arm for flash LINK

Donated by MattyH

Web site hosting and .co.uk name

Donated by me

Diffuser for SB600
new AA charger for eneloops

Donated by Trev4

Manfrotto super clamp

Donated by Mike Jackson

Peli 1550 case in orange :)

Donated by Dangermouse1964

Cable release for D300s

Donated by TheNissanMan

Set of Eneloop AA batteries for the flash

Donated by Venomator

Set of Eneloop AA batteries for the flash
EN-EL3e battery for the D300s

Donated by Tom, Erding

New seals for Peli 1550 and foam
mini HDMI cable to HDMI cable

Donated by Rich, tijuana taxi

New cleaning kit for the camera

Donated by Graham, Flash in the pan

3.6m ttl cord
a set of triggers

So £2498 + 4.63 - 1618 - 231 = £653.63 left

Which need to pay for

222 head, SB600 flash (or cheaper alternative if we do not get enough or SB900 if we do!) and other bits and pieces we have missed.

Plus a couple of days out to practice :)

Oi! Plus my offer of a brand new shiney embroidered Talkphotography badge for Wheels photo studio Chariot! :cool:
:D

Darren should I send it to you?

Right Graham Flash in the pan has, after some discussion, come up with a fantastic donation.

3.6m ttl cord
a set of triggers

This will make connecting the flash much easier and with the addition of the trigger will mean that Julian can take some pictures of the family with him in them !!

Shameless plug:

Anyone who hasn't had a look at Graham's "shop" it is located here >>

LINK and there are some really useful items.

Another wonderful gesture; well done and thank you Graham!

Susane I might buy a special t shirt and put that on there.

Right looking at what we have got from other people and the other items I have asked Stuart to quote for a tripod too. That way he could mount the camera on the tripod and use his wireless triggers to take family pictures. There should still be plenty of money left over for days out too.

Right looking at what we have got from other people and the other items I have asked Stuart to quote for a tripod too. That way he could mount the camera on the tripod and use his wireless triggers to take family pictures. There should still be plenty of money left over for days out too.

DAYS OUT???

Well I only so far have togged in Wigan never been out of the area. For a variety of reasons.

There is only so many Pies that need togging isn't there?

Any filimies or macroites on this thread, I have some spare enlarging lenses for sale, proceeds to 'Wheels' collection. see here!

Julian,

Do you have weather protection for your wheel chair or is there some available?

Darren

Julian,

Do you have weather protection for your wheel chair or is there some available?

Darren

Only thing for my chair is a cape, all the other protection stuff is mainly for those 4 wheeled mobility scooters/buggys

3.6m ttl cord
a set of triggers

Shameless plug:

Anyone who hasn't had a look at Graham's "shop" it is located here >> LINK and there are some really useful items.

I am just in negotiations with Graham for my starter lighting kit, I will always give contributors to this project a go when looking for new kit, apart from that he has been very helpful with my numpty newbie questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back