Donations required - member needs help (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds nice...BBQ...mmm...fire...beer...water...expensive camera equipment...perfect...

Absolutely ideal!

I can not get over all this, I have a mixture of the following, (EMBARRASSMENT, GUILT, EXCITEMENT, PLEASURE, PRIDE)

I am not one for receiving presents or being helped, after my bike crash I spent nearly a year setting up a local youth club to cut down on anti social behaviour, that was the best feeling going, giving teenagers something to do, place to go, someone to chat to. With the other volunteers we grew rapidly, then my stroke came and obviously I was out of action, I can not return as the arses that are running it now I dont like:LOL:. The teenagers still call seeing if Im ok etc. So I prefer giving something than receiving. So Im embarrassed because of that.

Guilt well I can not put the reasons on here as I am embarrassed about the reasons. (mainly due to our means of income) with me not working and Lynn being 1 of my full time carers.

Excitement as this equipment is something I would never ever be able to have and the thrill of meeting as many of you as I can.

Pleasure of seeing all the wonderful things your all putting and working on, and looking forward to learning a whole new way of photography, that will set me up for life.

Pride being part of such a huge bunch of "friends" on here.

There is more I want to put but my pride is stopping me putting it.

Anybody got any general beginners SLR books lying around?

I really wanna put some studio heads on it just to freak people out

A Bowens Twin 400 Gemini Travel kit is only about another £1000.

Couple of lightstands clamped to the rear of the wheelchair and jobs a goodun!

Think BIGGER....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Petrol-Golf-Cart-Buggy-Twin-Seat-EZGO-TXT-NEW-/320498109889?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Golf_Trolleys&hash=item4a9f2d0dc1
!Bnw(3cQBmk~$(KGrHqYOKjoEtkjpStt!BLk2uqMt1!~~_35.JPG

With a bit of imagination I'm sure we could get a full studio rigged up on that bad boy! :wacky:

haha might need a tank my wheelchair gets stuck if the wheels even get wet, (due to being conned into it being the most suitable by the bloody firm that my dad bought it off for me)

Anybody got any general beginners SLR books lying around?

Yes, I can supply Understanding Exposure, Understanding Digital Photography (Both by Bryan Peterson) Photoshop CS3 for Dummies and my favourite, Andy Rouse's Digital SLR Masterclass.

Julian, first of all do not be embarrassed or in anyway feel guilty, there really is no need for it!

I believe very strongly in what comes around, goes around and by the sound of it you have done more than your fair share of "What goes around...". You've stumbled accross a forum where there are real people who also have real Pride in themsleves and their hobby and can share what they can, not because they have been forced into somehting but because they genuinley want to.

Everybody knows what its is like to come on hard times and as they say, "It's better to give than recieve.." (sorry for all the cheesy quotes).

We're all glad that we can chip in and help a fellow togger in need, the only thing that we really hope although we already know the asnwer is that you thoroughly enjoy the equipment that will be wingining it's way to you shortly.

As for meeting us, I've put a suggestion up but if thats not suitable I'm sure somehting will happen further down the line.

For now, sit back, enjoy and concentrate on that exicitement and pleasure...

Surely a record for TP........:)

wheels.jpg

:LOL: (y)

I have a box and its getting fatter......

I also have a genuine Nikon camera control pro disc which Andy Fozzy sent to me (genuine with all paperwork and serial) I have never used it and probably wont but it would be a godsend to Julian......any good

One of the guys on UKSaabs has brought this to our attention (Dunno what his name is on here :eek:ops: ) and there may be a few of us who'd like to contribute. Like to have some means of contributing on UKS i.e. a link. He'd like for us to contribute as a group but I suspect it might be simpler and easier to put UKS Member in the Paypal account.

Got any pointers as to what we can use?

The best I can offer is a good condition OM40* (I think) That I'd give wheels to keep him going but I suspet that isn't what he needs.

*Still trying to work out which DSLR I want so still using film!

I have a box and its getting fatter......

I also have a genuine Nikon camera control pro disc which Andy Fozzy sent to me (genuine with all paperwork and serial) I have never used it and probably wont but it would be a godsend to Julian......any good

Now I'm jealous :)

I am sure that that would be of use thanks.

Yes, I can supply Understanding Exposure, Understanding Digital Photography (Both by Bryan Peterson) Photoshop CS3 for Dummies and my favourite, Andy Rouse's Digital SLR Masterclass.

That is fantastically generous I will PM you my address.

Surely a record for TP........:)

wheels.jpg

:LOL: (y)

Top post processing my man, by the way I totally agree with your avatar.... WHY?

Julian, seriosuly I am jusy as happy to be part of this as I am sure you are, and everyone else on the forum feels the same. Just enjoy it and get posting up the results.

One of the guys on UKSaabs has brought this to our attention (Dunno what his name is on here :eek:ops: ) and there may be a few of us who'd like to contribute. Like to have some means of contributing on UKS i.e. a link. He'd like for us to contribute as a group but I suspect it might be simpler and easier to put UKS Member in the Paypal account.

The best I can offer is a good condition OM40* (I think) That I'd give wheels to keep him going but I suspet that isn't what he needs.

UUUMMMM that would be the missus HAHA(y)

Sorry,just come upon this one and with Rob starting it here have sent a bit
towards a good camera........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Nikon perhaps.:p

(y)

was going to say dangermouse....

was just checking.......

give him grief, photos of his car with the roof up and it's not raining......... I guess the hood was broken!

:LOL:

edit

Another seperate group offering to contribute??

was going to say dangermouse....

was just checking.......

give him grief, photos of his car with the roof up and it's not raining......... I guess the hood was broken!

:LOL:

orf and sod ...........rearrange em matey ....:LOL:

They would but at the same time we have to respect Julians wishes (well some of them :D) and as Julian already said the publicity would not be welcome...

I'm sure I speak for the large majority of people who have posted on this thread and donated in that we have donated for the pure reason that we are in a position to help a freind out, not becasue we are chasing publicity or trying to get into the press...

Totally agree, the redtops would make it a circus IMO.

From my motorbike crash through my stroke I have become a recluse, only just started venturing out once a week, due to my insecurities of how I look, sound and the help I need. I feel sick at the thought of going on newspapers or what have you. I would rather decline and give everything to a charity than do that.

Julian you are famous on TP but I am sure everyone understands your reasons for not wanting publicity and will respect it. Please don't worry about it we don't want anything to spoil your enjoyment of what is happening...

NOTICE TO EVERYONE

I am getting bombared by email, PMs and posts (which is good!!) so if I miss anything just mention it again it is not intentional! It is made all the more difficult as I am suffering from concussion at the moment and have a very bad headache !!

In the time I have typed this 5 new emails have arrived :)

Lets leave ALL publicity out of this, its a good deed to a fellow tog and nothing more, end of

NOTICE TO EVERYONE

I am getting bombared by email, PMs and posts (which is good!!) so if I miss anything just mention it again it is not intentional! It is made all the more difficult as I am suffering from concussion at the moment and have a very bad headache !!

In the time I have typed this 5 new emails have arrived :)

you got mine yet :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back