Donations required - member needs help (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikey Julian; if we attach much more to that wheelchair of yours we will need to draw up a rota to help your dear lady wife to push it!

Oh forgot it is motorised, ok then, the rota will be to charge the extra batteries required to power it!!

scooter11.png

Thats only 1 available but not for my chair, only scooters

Julian, if this isn't your cuppa tea please say but currently just a thought...

Looking around the web for Disabled days out I found this...

http://www.iknow-northwest.co.uk/attractions/82708-party_boats-garstang.htm

A disabled friendly barge on the Lancashire canal, what I was thinking was a friendly TP meet where you and of course the family would get a chance to get out with fellow TP members and have a fun day with the knowledge that the only people around you are friendly tog's from here and the opportunity to have a good play with the camera in an environment that maybe a tad different...

The barge holds upto 48 people and could end the day with something like a BBQ...

Would give you a chance to meet fellow TP'ers and of course we could all say Hello, no anxiety needed as it would all be people you know (well online if course...)

Looks like we're in for a good summer so could be a giggle...

Ryan

Edit: I've changed this follwing some later comments...

Julian, please recognise this is only a suggestion meant as a way where you don't have to worry about being out with strangers, if it something that is not up your street or something you fancy doing at all just say, I'm sure with al this going through your mind there's a lot going on and the last thing we want to do is make you feel under any pressure what so ever, all we want is for you to enjoy your new kit and smile :D :D :D

Julian, if this isn't your cuppa tea please say but currently just a thought...

Looking around the web for Disabled days out I found this...

http://www.iknow-northwest.co.uk/attractions/82708-party_boats-garstang.htm

A disabled friendly barge on the Lancashire canal, what I was thinking was a friendly TP meet where you and of course the family would get a chance to get out with fellow TP members and have a fun day with the knowledge that the only people around you are friendly tog's from here and the opportunity to have a good play with the camera in an environment that maybe a tad different...

The barge holds upto 48 people and could end the day with something like a BBQ...

Would give you a chance to meet fellow TP'ers and of course we could all say Hello, no anxiety needed as it would all be people you know (well online if course...)

Looks like we're in for a good summer so could be a giggle...

Ryan

Sounds nice...BBQ...mmm...fire...beer...water...expensive camera equipment...perfect...

Count me in...

amazing amount of effort being put in here everyone :clap::clap::clap:

i see no mention of a trailer yet
halfords usually have some on offer over the bank holidays :LOL:

Hows about a small TP gathering in the lakes seeing as Julian loves lanscapes and scenery and it would make for one heck of a meet, and its not too far for him to travel and meet us unrully lot:cautious:

I may be bang out of order here, but maybe its time to let Julian say what he would like to do and have a breather
Poor bloke must be totally overwhelmed and knackered, i am just reading the thread so who knows how he must feel

Getting to the point like you do as a kid where there are so many presents you don't know what to do next
A new camera is a big enough deal without all the other stuff to work out

What yer reckon Julian, everyone wants what is best for you, but its your call mate

Thanks everyone, the donations have started again.....

I don't know - you go away from TP for a couple of days, and when you come back you've missed the biggest thing ever and then spend 2 hours trying to catch up!

Excellent work! Another little bit added. Hope you get lots of pleasure from it Julian.

(y)

scooter11.png

Thats only 1 available but not for my chair, only scooters

Hmmm I was looking more at something you could easily handle if the weather turns sour. They have a full cover on that site with the brolly but you'd sweat like a trooper in the sun if you couldn't remove it easily... Maybe a baby buggy type cover that just pulls forward, like this ... http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_238213_langId_-1_categoryId_165546 but obviously bigger. I think they're just clip on mounts which could be adapted and you can also get them for double/side-by-side buggies if wider is required

Haven't been on all day and it's just taken me ages to catch up:LOL: WOW what a great result, Julian you are going to have such a ball playing with all your new kit, I'm really thrilled and excited for you. I hope it brings you the joy and happiness you deserve.

Chap broke his camera, down on his luck a bit, many members on here have chipped in to get him some kit.

That's about it in a nutshell!

Total donations

£2498 (BT & paypal) - Via Rob's account

£34.63 - Via my account

To purchase

D300s
18-200
SB600 or SB900
External monitor and power pack
Tripod with 222 head
222 head for mounting on the wheel chair

Plus

2 x 4 packs of Eneloops
2 x EN-EL3 batteries
3 x Manfrotto super clamp
2 x Manfrotto arm kit
1 x Battery charger
1 x SB600 diffuser
1 x cleaning kit
1 x Peli 1550 case
1 x New seals for Peli 1550 and foam
1 x mini HDMI cable to HDMI cable
1 x Nikon Bag
1 x 4gb card
1 x 3.6m ttl cord
1 x set of radio triggers
1 x new-type umbrella adapter
1 x brand new shiney embroidered Talkphotography badge
1 x Sandisk 8Gb SD card

Current position

Bloody hell I go missing for an hour or so, where do I start!

I have to say..... I am a Canon man but im jealous. :dummy:

Julian I cancele my "pro" tog for my wedding next year, your dong it. NO EXCUSES :D

other way round mate:D

I hope your enjoying life as much as we (ie TP) are at the moment :D

You'll have a blast using your new kit I'm sure although ready through the threads your chair may end up being hired out for Transformers 3, if so please negotiate a photography shoot with Megan Fox and ask me to be your backup Tog :D :D :D

I have to say..... I am a Canon man but im jealous. :dummy:

Julian I cancele my "pro" tog for my wedding next year, your dong it. NO EXCUSES :D

Best give the camera to someone else :dummy:

Bloody hell I go missing for an hour or so, where do I start!

I think that you should just relax and save your enegy for the day your new kit arrives:) you are going to be very busy learning how to use it and training your carers in the things they need to do...exciting times ahead Julian.

Total donations

£2498 (BT & paypal) - Via Rob's account

£34.63 - Via my account

To purchase

D300s
18-200
SB600 or SB900
External monitor and power pack
Tripod with 222 head
222 head for mounting on the wheel chair

Plus

2 x 4 packs of Eneloops
2 x EN-EL3 batteries
3 x Manfrotto super clamp
2 x Manfrotto arm kit
1 x Battery charger
1 x SB600 diffuser
1 x cleaning kit
1 x Peli 1550 case
1 x New seals for Peli 1550 and foam
1 x mini HDMI cable to HDMI cable
1 x Nikon Bag
1 x 4gb card
1 x 3.6m ttl cord
1 x set of radio triggers
1 x new-type umbrella adapter
1 x brand new shiney embroidered Talkphotography badge
1 x Sandisk 8Gb SD card

Current position

+ my old Ricoh compact as a donation to Julian's local stroke group photography club ;)

TP rocks :clap:

+ my old Ricoh compact as a donation to Julian's local stroke group photography club ;)

TP rocks :clap:

We could always do a TP charity event for them......

Maybe we'll look at that later in the year.

I have browsed this forum for over a year and never have i seen anything so heart warming as this thread! in 14 months my donation was my 3rd post

Respect to everyone involved so far

I have browsed this forum for over a year and never have i seen anything so heart warming as this thread! in 14 months my donation was my 3rd post

Respect to everyone involved so far

And now you are on post 7. Clearly you are becoming far more talkative :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back