Donations required - member needs help (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously 250 or so donations from a pool of nearly 3,000 isn't good enough IMO...c'mon slackers, you know who you are...

:thinking: It's good enough to get all of this gear that Darren has listed ;) We don't want to be too greedy, if people want to contribute they will - and it will all be appreciated (every last penny!).

Not everyone can afford to contribute (in debt already up to their eyeballs, unemployed, students, pensioners etc.) and not everyone who can afford it can necessarily do BT's or PP transactions.

Excellent, If you pm me your details please Julian I will bung it in the post

Cheers
Rich

:thinking: It's good enough to get all of this gear that Darren has listed ;) We don't want to be too greedy, if people want to contribute they will - and it will all be appreciated (every last penny!).

Not everyone can afford to contribute (in debt already up to their eyeballs, unemployed, students, pensioners etc.) and not everyone who can afford it can necessarily do BT's or PP transactions.

S'OK - I'm just in 'three-line-whip' mode due to all the coffee I've surrounded this morning...

:bang: :eek: :wacky: :bonk: :wave: :puke: :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat:

Rob we want to stick some more money into the pot.....which way is best PP or BT

Also I have an Item ending on ebay (nothing much) but once postage is sorted the rest will also be donated(y)

Still some pledges to come from people not paid til next week...

I would send you mine but still waiting for you to PM me your bank details for BT ;). I don't do PayPal.

Sorry - I know you are busy and have probably overlooked my PM to you.

:cautious:

No videos...that way madness lies...

Ah but think of the amazing tracking shots Julian could get with the clamp in place, much better than the hand-held trash we usually see from SLR videos!

Julian

Sorry for stressing you with the press thing, it was more that you don't see much of this small scale goodwill these days, its all the big telethons and I thought the press would be all over this..................madness. :nuts:

Nick.

Way things are going there will probably be enough money for a copy of lightroom too :naughty:

Arkady: S'OK - I'm just in 'three-line-whip' mode due to all the coffee I've surrounded this morning...

You're doing a great job there Rob so keep grinding those beans :nuts:

PP is best as it provides me with a proper database of donations in one place...

Running total is now £2583...

Right, if there is anyone who was going to contribute about £25 let me know as there is something we need to buy by credit/debit card.

Its the new foam and seal for the Peli case :)

And someone to purchase the lead which is a mini HDMI to HDMI (3M) which is £7.99 plus express postage so about £12

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Professiona...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275077152&sr=1-11

Let me know peoples SO I CAN GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS AND THE ITEMS CAN BE SENT DIRECTLY TO ME TO AVOID DOUBLE POSTAGE !!, thanks.

Julian

Sorry for stressing you with the press thing, it was more that you don't see much of this small scale goodwill these days, its all the big telethons and I thought the press would be all over this..................madness. :nuts:

Nick.

I understand Nick I really wish I didnt feel as uncomfortable about it all, well more embarrassed.

PP is best as it provides me with a proper database of donations in one place...

Running total is now £2583...

Sorry that I'm not really in a position to contribute but I wanted to just say well done to everybody - so refreshing :clap:

Julian just you sit back ,relax and look forward to your new camera etc....you deserve it (y)(y)

Fair enough Darren, don't want to step on anyones toes

Looks like it will be arriving with the other stuff then Julian, long as it gets to you that's the main thing

Cheers
Rich

I understand Nick I really wish I didnt feel as uncomfortable about it all, well more embarrassed.

Nah, nothing too be embarrassed about, just enjoy the camera, I don't really like the idea of being in the press either.

So the total is over £2500? How much is a D5000 with kit lens again?????

Nick

I gave him my address but its better going to yours Darren

Just sent him my address, if I have everything here I can cut the foam ready for everything. I might have to train your missus to clean the camera though as I think you might find it difficult and risk damaging things BUT the D300s has a sensor cleaning thing built in so the main thing is covered.

You've been dealt some bad blows by fate so just think of it as the TP collective sticking two fingers up at fate.

IMG-Kes.jpg

fate.jpg

OK I'm suspending donations to my PP account for now as we have enough there to cover the major purchases.
I cannot access that til next week now by the look of things so we're going to 'Plan B' for the peripherals and accessories - details to follow.

Ive done nothing to deserve it

Well, how about, you've given many people the opportunity to break from the normal mundane things in life and, given a reason for us all to feel good about this great effort.
Seeing your setup once you have it up and running is also going to give many people a real buzz, can't wait :)

Donation from me and the wife :) Good luck with the new toy :)

Sorry Rob- didn't read your last update - money has gone to yuor paypal account :)

They will be in RAW wont they, I have never worked with RAW before

I am pretty sure you can select both RAW and Jpeg together so you can file the RAW files and work on the Jpegs for light retouches in Photoshop or Lightroom.

Speaking of filing has anyone though of a back up solution, maybe a 1TB desktop external HDD they are around £100 or less these days and will help Julian to keep his pictures in one place.:)

Well, how about, you've given many people the opportunity to break from the normal mundane things in life and, given a reason for us all to feel good about this great effort.
Seeing your setup once you have it up and running is also going to give many people a real buzz, can't wait :)

Sounds wonderful to me

I've just PP a small donation, I don't normally do this but Julian's story has totally captured me!!! Massive respect to Rob for organizing this and well done to everyone else involved. (y) I look forward tou seeing your first pictures Julian! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back