Donations required - member needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
More good news.

I have just received back an email from Allan Withers of Manfrotto Distribution and he is kindly donating a super clamp and a magic arm. A big thumbs up to Manfrotto for supporting this cause.

Stuart

Well done them! VERY nice to hear!! :clap:

More good news.

I have just received back an email from Allan Withers of Manfrotto Distribution and he is kindly donating a super clamp and a magic arm. A big thumbs up to Manfrotto for supporting this cause.

Stuart

:clap::ty:

More good news.

Stuart

Good work (y)

More good news.

Stuart

Stuart,

Have you seen the latest list of equipment needed. It includes a Manfrotto 222 head :)

More good news.

Stuart

:banana::banana::banana:

Just got back from Skomer so have missed this. My donation winging its way to you Rob, well done mate!

Since no one else has offered (as far as I can see), I'll also throw a website into the pot.. I've got plenty of space on my server... Including a .co.uk domain name, a wordpress blog and a decent (free) photography related theme of your choice Julian...

If you want it, of course :)

It's easy to keep updated, either using flickr, or uploading straight to the site :)

Since no one else has offered (as far as I can see), I'll also throw a website into the pot.. I've got plenty of space on my server... Including a .co.uk domain name, a wordpress blog and a decent (free) photography related theme of your choice Julian...

It's easy to keep updated, either using flickr, or uploading straight to the site :)

Matt Im stuck for words yet again. Thank you. I just hope I dont let you all down by taking crap photos.

Brilliant offer! I'm sure someone will tutor him on how to use it!!
Well done!

NOTE TO THE SUPPLIERS:

The actual shopping list is.....

D300s
AFS 18-200
external screen
Manfrotto 222 head
Simple cable remote.
Flash

All the cables etc

Then the two clamps......

I think Julian will be needing a suitable bag to keep the screen, camera etc. in until he is ready to use them. He won't want them attached to the chair all the time when he's on the way to a photo shoot. Just when he gets there.

I think Julian will be needing a suitable bag to keep the screen, camera etc. in until he is ready to use them. He won't want them attached to the chair all the time when he's on the way to a photo shoot. Just when he gets there.

An old Peli case that someone has lying around would be handy. I know where we can get new foam for not too much...

its just more cost mate

And we will need a power supply for it....

12V <8w so

10 x Eneloop rechargeable batteries ???

1 x Alarm battery ???

I was thinking the same thing, having a screen needs alot of portable power.

Can it be powered by the chair itself?

Thank you. I just hope I dont let you all down by taking crap photos.

Having seen evidence of your work in a previous post, I'd say no danger of that, but even if you did, your in the best place to learn how to improve.

I have to be careful with things like that the company is dead funny about alterations or adaptations. I have had triouble with them before

Ok here is the chair with a rough 5 minute idea of the bracket...

modchair.jpg

The almost vertical bracket that the arm is attached to and the front axle are the only two locations that the bracket can be attached to really then we need a tripod top attached at the top. The other bracket is the same but gets the screen on top (need to see the screen before we can decide on the bracket). Then OneTens's donation on top for the flash.

Surely a superclamp will go on that black metal upright where your green line begins? And with the clamp and magic arm manfrotto have donated that should do the job?

(btw respect to manfrotto (y))

I would prefer it powered by a rechargeable battery pack. Wouldn't want to affect the chair at all even if it was just to reduce it's range.

Surely a superclamp will go on that black metal upright where your green line begins? And with the clamp and magic arm manfrotto have donated that should do the job?

(btw respect to manfrotto (y))

I've not seen one, if it does then we will need two pairs one for each side plus a 222 head :)

If we can get away without fabrication it would be ideal.

Fingers crossed this weeks trip out with carer will be my last using my phone camera :)

NOTE TO THE SUPPLIERS:

The actual shopping list is.....

D300s
AFS 18-200
external screen
Manfrotto 222 head
Simple cable remote.
Flash

All the cables etc

Then the two clamps......

Is the Manfrotto 222 head strong enough to hold the camera & the 18-200 zoom?

I've not seen one, if it does then we will need two pairs one for each side plus a 222 head :)

If we can get away without fabrication it would be ideal.

Well as Julian's got one coming anyway, I'd suggest seeing if that works first before any fabrication takes place. I'm 95% confident the clamp will be fine on there, but not sure if a) the magic arm will be long enough and b) if Julian will be able to comfortably operate a magic arm.

It's probably long enough I reckon :)

ETA I'm supposed to be processing wedding pics and here I am on TP and watching an old school friend in the Mastermind final on my iPhone!

Mine will hold my 1dsMk3 and a 300L f4 IS and a 1.4x extender.

There is an adjustment on it to add to the tension. Review!

I have something very similar ( might even be that same one but cannot find it just now) I had a problem with mine. It was out in the winter & got very cold, when I took it inside it thawed quickly & lots of condensation on the ball. Since then even with the tension fully adjusted it slips.:shrug:
Probably my fault as I have manfrotto tripods & other heads & never had a problem.
Just thought I would flag it up.

More good news.

Stuart

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

That.s fantastic news well done manfrotto

I have something very similar ( might even be that same one but cannot find it just now) I had a problem with mine. It was out in the winter & got very cold, when I took it inside it thawed quickly & lots of condensation on the ball. Since then even with the tension fully adjusted it slips.:shrug:
Probably my fault as I have manfrotto tripods & other heads & never had a problem.
Just thought I would flag it up.

The Manfrotto 222 is definitely up to the job, I use mine with a gripped D700 and a 24-70 with an SB800 stuck on top :)

Only thing I would question and please don't anyone take offence. A 222 head takes a little force to close the lever, will you be able to squeeze reasonabley hard Jullian m8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back