Donations required - member needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ipad? we dont want to waste this money :LOL:.

Completely agree, whats it supposed to be for anyway, it won't even run flash :naughty:

Laptop and Elements 7 perfect if you ask me, something with a nice big screen and keyboard.
Slimbert, have you PM'd Kerso yet?

As the Zigview is a bolt on is it not a bit flimsy? (like Canons! :D ), plus I thought Digital Depot had kindly offered a deal on a D5000 already?

This is the most fun I've had in weeks, I've been on this thread since about 7pm last night with a 5hr gap for something called "sleep"

Nick.

Completely agree, whats it supposed to be for anyway, it won't even run flash :naughty:

Laptop and Elements 7 perfect if you ask me, something with a nice big screen and keyboard.
Slimbert, have you PM'd Kerso yet?

As the Zigview is a bolt on is it not a bit flimsy? (like Canons! :D ), plus I thought Digital Depot had kindly offered a deal on a D5000 already?

This is the most fun I've had in weeks, I've been on this thread since about 7pm last night with a 5hr gap for something called "sleep"

Nick.

My laptop does me just fine I only use it when I am stuck in bed so :nono: need.

OK Paypal is now £1390 and BT balance at £95.
Paypal account is frozen for outgoing transactions pending verification due to all the activity and it'll take me two days to verify all the safeguards they want me to carry out due to 'International- and EU-Money-Laundering Legislation'...
Which means the two personal transactions I'm due to carry out today might be affected...ho-hum...lol

Right: to other matters...
Some members have reservations...and it's quite right that they do. Wheels has only been a member for a short while.
I did some looking around - at his blog and his posts on Motorcycle and the AP Forum which corroborate his PMs to me.
This all seems genuine and I have no doubts in my mind that what we're doing is for a genuine cause and to help someone in need of our assistance to get his photography back on track.

However...

I hope Wheels won't mind if we have someone pop by and have a chat in person over the weekend, if we can manage it, before we actually spend his money?

This serves two purposes:
One: it will ensure that what we get him is suitable for his needs - no point buying Wheels a camera and accessories that he can't use due to his situation.
Second: it confirms that the money we've helped raise will be going to the right person. It may seem churlish to mention it here and I've had a few discussions by PM and emailed the owners of TP to this effects also: we'd be pretty dumb to hand over £1500+ to some guy we've never actually met...

Wheels, no offense, but some of 'the boys' or even 'the Girls' (much scarier IMO...lol) will be round for a cuppa and a biccy before we release any cash.

We can deal with the logistics of that at a later date.

Any established member interested in this aspect, please PM me soonest.

Ok, I've been through my cupboards and I have the following bits I can donate to this great cause :

Hoya UV filter - 67mm
Jessops Digital Pro Circular Polariser - 67mm

And if you get a Nikon julian, I also have the 'Using your Nikon D-SLR' DVD and a Jessops 280AFN Nikon dedicated flash gun.

I'll cover the postage of course.

Hi Everyone.

Nikon are doing a promo this weekend so if we are definately going with the D5000 I need to register the camera this weekend. That way I can get the 18-200 down to £499

So I will be doing Camera and 18-200mm lens for £918. Which is cheaper than the best prices on camerapricebuster. Also Im throwing in 4GB SD, Case & UV filter. Im talking to Manfrotto to try and get some support on the superclamp and the magic arm.

Stuart

I the zigview might be a good idea, with thx bracket attached to the chair plus the camera arm attached to the chair but I think we need to wait and see what the total is. I wad thinking of the D300s simply because it would be easier to use and more robust. The D90 would also be easier to use but both of them need the zigview to be workable. If we are going down the zigview, D300s, brackets, 18-200 and flash route then that is going to reach just over £2000. It might be worth checking the spec of wheels laptop as most laptops come with inadequate ram so it might just need a memory upgrade meaning we can get the better camera equipment which is what we were all thinking about.

As for insurance. Wheels has already added all risks cover so again I think that that would be a waste really. I think stick to the best photo hardware we can afford!

OK Paypal is now £1390 and BT balance at £95.
Paypal account is frozen for outgoing transactions pending verification due to all the activity and it'll take me two days to verify all the safeguards they want me to carry out due to 'International- and EU-Money-Laundering Legislation'...
Which means the two personal transactions I'm due to carry out today might be affected...ho-hum...lol

Right: to other matters...
Some members have reservations...and it's quite right that they do. Wheels has only been a member for a short while.
I did some looking around - at his blog and his posts on Motorcycle and the AP Forum which corroborate his PMs to me.
This all seems genuine and I have no doubts in my mind that what we're doing is for a genuine cause and to help someone in need of our assistance to get his photography back on track.

However...

I hope Wheels won't mind if we have someone pop by and have a chat in person over the weekend, if we can manage it, before we actually spend his money?

This serves two purposes:
One: it will ensure that what we get him is suitable for his needs - no point buying Wheels a camera and accessories that he can't use due to his situation.
Second: it confirms that the money we've helped raise will be going to the right person. It may seem churlish to mention it here and I've had a few discussions by PM and emailed the owners of TP to this effects also: we'd be pretty dumb to hand over £1500+ to some guy we've never actually met...

Wheels, no offense, but some of 'the boys' or even 'the Girls' (much scarier IMO...lol) will be round for a cuppa and a biccy before we release any cash.

We can deal with the logistics of that at a later date.

Any established member interested in this aspect, please PM me soonest.

No problem with any of the above. None what so ever.

I have a serious complaint to make......just been reading your blog Julian, and couldn't believe my eyes, on your 'Favourite Links' you have us below Amateur Photographer, how very dare you, get it changed this minute ;) :)

Capture.JPG

I think it's alphabetical Les ... Could change it to "A Bloody Good Talk Photography Forum", That would make it No.1 :)

I have a serious complaint to make......just been reading your blog Julian, and couldn't believe my eyes, on your 'Favourite Links' you have us below Amateur Photographer, how very dare you, get it changed this minute ;) :)

Capture.JPG

We can excuse a potential 'dark side convert' this minor indiscretion !!!!

A forum is only a collection of people with a common interest, in our case photography, its nothing magical, its only as good as the people involved. I have always felt that this is the friendliest forum I have ever been a part of, but then its the only forum I have ever been a part of :shrug:

Having followed this thread since the start yesterday evening, I am totally blown away by the response (apart from one member apparently, who can be discounted) and am honoured to have been a part of it.
Apart from helping Julian, its shown what warmth there is in our hearts when a fellow member is down on his luck, Congratulations to everyone involved and to Rob for having the foresight to start this thread and for organising it, and to everyone who is supplying equipment too.

I hope you had a good rest last night Julian, and whatever equipment you have, good luck with it, and I sincerely hope you get heaps of enjoyment from it, you deserve it mate (y)

PS. Don’t forget to let us see the pics

:plus1:

I'm not in a position to be able to donate anything I'm afraid :( but would just like to say This is another awesome act from our TP regulars and wish Julian all the best with his new kit, as I'm fairly local I may even bump into you one day on a TP meet (y)

To the generous TP'rs :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow what a read.. Just gone through 18 pages from start to finish.
Bit emotional now tbh.
I will donate too but waiting as it seems arkady's pp is locked out for a few days.

Best of luck to you in the future Julian. I really would invest in Camera Armour just in case (y)

It's great to be part of such a bloody great community.

No problem recieving, I just cannot release anything apparently until my account is verified

keep it coming!

(y)

Well - what can I say. I logged on a few mins ago as I do most mornings just to see 'whats-what' and this caught my eye. I have just read the entire 18 pages with interest, and then a sense of camaraderie as to what everyone has done, and will do for Wheels.

I am logging into PayPal now on a separate screen - I am more than happy to help. Sorry but all my kit (old and new) is Canon :D so can't offer any kit. (The Nikon-Canon battle on the thread did make me smile).

If I'm honest, just being part of this makes me feel good - what a great way to start the day.

A big hand to Rob for getting this up and running :clap: :clap: :clap:. Just proves that TP is not just about hints, tips, sales, and feedback!

You can still pay into Rob's PP, It's just that he can't get any money out for a little while because they now have him on Interpol! :)

I wonder if they'll be asking Rob about his recent travel history and if he's been around any weaponry recently? :thinking:

*groaan*

Note to self...move crate of AK-47s from basement today...

:LOL:

Be interesting to see if the powers that be really do monitor forums for suspect 'keywords' !! :police:

seriously?

So we really shouldn't talk about ARKADY in this thread as it's already included the words AK-47, Terrorism...
Plus I thought Arkady was away for a few hours as he's off to shoot the president of the local rugby club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back