weekly Donna's 52 weekly challenge

Hi Donna. Very quick off the mark. I'm going to be different and opt for the 1st as my preference. The sky is better in the second it's true but the sign is not as sharply recognised as is the obelisk.

Hi, have to agree with the comment above, i think the problem with the sign is the pointers are blending in together and are little close to the horizon maybe

Hi Donna

I agree about the

lack of crumbs ;)

cropped heads ... tho there's some amazing detail there. (y)

spiral, incredible, almost too much to follow. :clap:

and silhouette ... #2 for me ... love the smidge of light between the two signs bringing the whole thing forward.

Hi Donna
A quick pop in -
Broken - love it - very clear and sharp
Entertain - right on theme (as previous you could have left heads in but then again its the instruments that entertain)
Spiral - love it! wish it was in my house!
Silhouette - agree with you that the sign one is better - like the sunset colours better and better shapes for me

Hi Donna

I too would like to see a few crumbs in Broken but you've got some great colour details in the shot (y)

Entertain - fits the bill and there's some amazing detail there. (y)

Spiral - Nicely spotted and well composed (y)

and Silhouette - #2 for me. It seems almost 3D :clap:

Hi Donna, it does look like it was well worth the walk.

I prefer the shot of the fingerpost for the colours in the sky - very nice. A lower pov might have made the fingerpost more prominent in the shot, but I'm guessing you'd have lost the lovely gold tones of the sunset :)

excellent animal shot, perfect lighting :)

Nice take on the theme Donna - wondered what opium poppies looked like. Lovely subtle colours and nicely lit and composed.

Have car, will travel :)

Nice low perspective, interesting sky ad good overall detail.

Isome nice, warm sunset light would really set it of, and I'd have had no ssue with bending the RH poppy out of the way for a cleaner photograph.

Cheers.

:agree: .... I agree with the above (y) inc Andy's comment about that right hand poppy, just ever so slightly out of place.

Back