Weekly Donna's 52 weekly challenge

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first time for a 52 challenge - and love that the themes are given to give me a focus on taking a weekly photo and to try new skills

Looking forward to seeing all the great pictures and support

week 1 - Bliss
week 2
week 3
week 4
week 5
week 6
week 7
week 8
week 9
week 10

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Love the colours in this, nicely shot, I would rotate slightly though so that the liquid in the glass is level.

Last edited:
OP
OP
weebleswobble
Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks John, wasn't sure if the photo was uploaded correctly. Does it not need to go on Flickr then, as I just inserted this file?
I did try rotating to get the liquid level but the glass was then not level and looked odd - the plate wasn't perfectly flat, hence the liquid and glass being at odds with each other.
Really appreciate the critique

Edit My Images
Yes
Again like the image… I think it may have been better just without the glass at all and a nice red plate on the tray with maybe a paper napkin say in an alternative green colour?

Great Start though! hope my Bliss shot will be as good… will get round to it later this week

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice start Donna and good luck with your 52 challenge this year

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Nicely composed/spotted and well taken image, Donna. Really good...

Christmas light bokeh in the background is a very nice touch, although not sure of the white balance on that tiny glass of milk ;)

Very accomplished shot with great lighting, reflections etc to boot!

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Christmas light bokeh in the background is a very nice touch, although not sure of the white balance on that tiny glass of milk ;)
It's a lovely "product" shot for Christmas, but like Paul said, the milk doesn't look very... milky... Is it a Baileys? That said, it stands out as a really strong composition with bold colours and lovely detail on the mince pie... Nom nom nom...

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
No
Nice image, lovely subjects, just my diabetes would be screaming at me if I ate and drank them.

Good start Donna

Phil

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Hi, bliss could benefit from a little more light but the red and general warmth of the pic does come through
fragile is a nice shot certainly looks fragile , nice white BG with just a hint of shadow
a good start (y)

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Donna playing catch up with the feedback....
Bliss.... Love the bokeh really nice, lots of discussion on your wonky glass, of course it could just be a wonky glass, I have a cupboard full! You could either put some blue tack under it, or just drink it! I prefer the second solution in fact if you drink enough of them you won't even notice it's wonky ;). Sorted! I like the whole colour scheme, lovely tones of red, creamy whites, gives a really nice Christmassy feel to the whole thing, nice detail in the mince pie. I like it. Btw you could do with a bit more mincemeat in the pies and I find dusting them with icing sugar looks nicer;).

Fragile.... Damn! I had thought of something very similar .... Now I'm struggling:confused:. Plan b!
Really like the fine vanes and the decaying fragments of leaf. I can't quite see ( on this iPad) how sharp it is... I think it's less sharp as you run towards the top of the leaf which is probably a depth of field point. Quite like the slight shadow below the leaf just discernible in places. I'd love to have a play with lighting on something like this to see what you can do with the shadow.... Love the idea works great with the subject this week, well done nice work.:facepalm:

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Donna,

Bliss is a very festive shot. It reminds me of bliss in the sense it would be bliss to still be on my Christmas break from work :)

I love the fragile image. It looks incredibly fagile to the point it might break if I look at it for too long! Excellent idea :)

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome Donna ... like all the redness and the bokeh in BLISS .... and that leaf looks so FRAGILE it's near transparent. (y)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Donna, love your fragile shot - it works very well and is definitely bang on theme. I'd personally prefer a slightly less white background: the colour you have bottom left would be perfect all over for me, but that's just me :) All in all, it's well executed. (y)

OP
OP
weebleswobble
Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
I live on the Jurassic coast in Dorset, so the majority of my pictures are Swanage Bay, Kimmeridge or Corfe Castle. I wanted to try something different to my usual sea or castle scenes, hence this one for 'scenic'
IMG_2961web.jpg

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes