Don't lose your composure over composition...

You know, I think what TP needs is a 'Comedy Gold' section, a place for historically funny threads like this one to reside in perpetuity :D

Sounds like a good plan :D even I my short time here there have been some good ones :D

All those in favour. ....!!!!
"Eye"

Although I did run a spam thread for over 4,000 posts once.
So really this guy was an amateur, young pretender if you will :D

Oh FFS, missed todays fun with (ex)resident nutter:(

"Eye"

Although I did run a spam thread for over 4,000 posts once.
So really this guy was an amateur, young pretender if you will :D

4000 posts I've got a thread with over 10,000 posts and I did till the switch over have one that is currently on 20,000+ :D

4000 posts I've got a thread with over 10,000 posts and I did till the switch over have one that is currently on 20,000+ :D
Ah yeah but mine was about nothing at all :p

Ah yeah but mine was about nothing at all :p

I'll grant you are quite accomplished at that :D I think I managed about 600 posts thread about completely nothing but that era ended with a bang :LOL:

It wasn't your finest hour was it, certainly not a Triumph, by any stretch of the imagination :D

Awww, gutted he's been nobbled, I thought he was very amusing :(

He was rather like a puppy, that keeps wanting to hump your leg.
Its mildly amusing to start with, but sooner or later, you just know that
its going to get a rolled up newspaper across it nose :D

Good job you weren't driving a Bond bug then :D

Exactly :) I really need to buy a new car now though, get me away from this madness for an hour or two...but I'll issue a warning before I leave the house so that everyone can get off the roads

I don't drive a TR6, I'll be fine :p

Nope not one of those ;)

Nope not one of those ;)

Well there your bird wagon too but the less we say about that bad boy the better ;)

Incidentally we had a visit from a member of the pest control brethren this afternoon, got a bit of a rodent issue yet again....

But long red and low though. :D

Stop feeding the bloody birds then ;)

And buy a few back breaker traps, far cheaper and just as effective as an anti-coagulant, if you know
how and where to place them ;)

Stop feeding the bloody birds then ;)

That is probably the issue but I'm a sucker for them lovely little tits :eek:

We have a little ratty that keeps coming and looking through the patio window...

And buy a few back breaker traps, far cheaper and just as effective as an anti-coagulant, if you know
how and where to place them ;)

We have a bait box with some poison wax in now, they will be back to check it on a couple of weeks, though have also ordered a cage too...

We have a bait box with some poison wax in now, they will be back to check it on a couple of weeks,
Ah yes good old Ratak :)

That is probably the issue but I'm a sucker for them lovely little tits :eek:

We have a little ratty that keeps coming and looking through the patio window...
Sellotape bread crumbs to the inside of the window, it'll either die of frustration,
or batter itself to death trying to get at them :D

Ah yes good old Ratak :)

Sellotape bread crumbs to the inside of the window, it'll either die of frustration,
or batter itself to death trying to get at them :D

Now that is class, though it has given me an idea for getting rid of pesky mods who ban the best most knowledgable members, I've just sellotaped a box of jaffas on the outside window of the staff room :D

Now that is class, though it has given me an idea for getting rid of pesky mods who ban the best most knowledgable members, I've just sellotaped a box of jaffas on the outside window of the staff room :D

You do realise that isn't actually the staffroom, that is Mattys bedroom window.... been nice knowin ya!! :D

You do realise that isn't actually the staffroom, that is Mattys bedroom window.... been nice knowin ya!! :D

Oh gawd my bad :eek: though I confess I'm mightily impressed he got his head all the way though that toughened glass in one smack, shows what a hunger for a taste of jaffay goodness will do to a man...:exit:

You know, I think what TP needs is a 'Comedy Gold' section, a place for historically funny threads like this one to reside in perpetuity :D

I didn't find the personal attacks funny, neither do I find the contact through my website particularly humerous. For me it took too long for the mods to act, but I'll look back through the thread, learn and consider what I post in the future.

Shame as the focus thread started with some interesting points and approaches made.

I'll be in the Dungeon... that quicklime pit doesn't dig itself you know...

What you get up to in the privacy of your own gimp mask home should remain a private matter, Mark...

Thanks to whoever finally got bored and freshened the air here. I hope no potential members were put off by it or some of the reactions to it.

Well we could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.....

Go on then, tell him then kill him but please do the telling on the open forum.;)

I hope no potential members were put off by it or some of the reactions to it.

I think that could well be inevitable.

Only my opinion and not intended as an attack, but has this really been fun as suggested on a number of occasions? It comes across as a display of the culture of the forum? I think Gortch was the clear winner here and he must be well satisfied with himself!

Last edited:
I think that could well be inevitable.

Only my opinion and not intended as an attack, but has this really been fun as suggested on a number of occasions? It comes across as a display of the culture of the forum? I think Gortch was the clear winner here and he must be well satisfied with himself!

I think you may have a point. I started off thinking it was really funny but as the insults on both sides became more personal I thought it should has been stopped. Maybe it belonged in OOF rather than the main forum. That way new members/browsers wouldn't be faced with that straightaway.
You're right in saying Gortch was the winner though. Can't believe people allowed him to wind them up so much :) He was a puppet master.

I'll miss him (a bit) even though I was on his ignore list.

Is someone alerted if you put them on your ignore list?
I had to do this for the first time the other day I didn't want to get drawn into an argument on the forum

I had to do this for the first time the other day I didn't want to get drawn into an argument on the forum

Dont think they are otherwise that would defeat the point.

If you want to do a test Im up for it just remember to unignore me lol

@Byker28i I agree took too long to act but it is a balancing on their behalf. I did say shut down thread on focus about page 4/5 because it was obvious what was going to happen. You also should not have taken his attacks personally as not a single one of us believed him or would trust what he was saying. As a simpson fan im genuinely interested in your avatar and how you came about it and also the magazine entry.

Last edited:
Well, as this thread has moved on somewhat from it's original (albeit somewhat dubious) intent, it seems it's probably better not in the general photographic discussion area :)

For me it took too long for the mods to act,
We are damned if we do, damned if we don't.
Do we all jump in the minute a new member puts a toe to wrong side of the line?
We play a balancing act all the time, as as most people seemed to be having fun,
the banter was running both ways, we let it run its course.
After all It was only the members that were fueling the discussion.
If everyone ignored him, then he would have had nothing to say or do.

think Gortch was the clear winner here and he must be well satisfied with himself!
I just think he was shown as a sad lonely person with nothing better to do.
He certainly didn't "win" anything.
Apart from a new user title :D

Did someone say something?
:D
No Pete, they don't know.

Reactions: Nod
Back